Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

The Kiss

Rosie

Leo and I got dismissed from Rider, whom I hated with a vengence, and we went to our rooms. Michael had promised to come back to see us, but I didn't believe he would show up. The events that I saw the previous night must have taken a heavy toll on him. Parents fighting and then telling their child they were getting divorced was enough to take a toll on anyone.

I sighed as I walked into my room and straight to my bathroom. I was sweaty and smelly from all the sword fighting. I started a warm bath as I walked back out of my room to grab a set of pajamas. I was surprised to see Alex sitting on my bed. It was odd to see him there, especially after Kegan had promised Leo and I that our teachers rarely left their rooms.

"How was class," Alex asked nonchalantly. He kept his eyes adverted from me towards the floor.

"It was terrible. I hate your sister," I stated bluntly as I stared at him. A smile made it's way to the corners of his light pink lips.

"I figured you would. But she's got nothing on Victor," he sighed as his smile left his face. I didn't like the fact that he was sitting in my room trying to act casual. It didn't seem right.

"What are you doing her," I questioned, not caring what he thought about my bluntness.

"I truthfully do not know. You caught a heart string of mine yesterday," he explained as he finally turned those pools of deep forrest green on me. His eyes were so intense, but I didn't look away for one moment.

"Alex, I don't know what's going on with you, but you shouldn't be here. I'm going to clean myself up and when I come back I expect you to be gone," I instructed rather than stated as I turned my back and headed towards the bathroom.

"I'll see you in a few days, Autumn," Alex said, only his voice wasn't in the room. I turned back towards the bed where he had been sitting, and he was gone. I had heard his voice in my head as if we had been conected for years, and I really hated the lack of privacy.

I sighed loudly as I made my way towards the bathroom. I shut off the water and stripped off my blood stained clothes. I slid into the warm water and within minutes my aching muscles began to relax. I sighed as I dipped my head below the surface of the water for a moment. The warm water touched my skin softly, and it seemed to help me release all my frustraitions.

When I finished my bath I smelled as beautiful as a rose, and I felt as freash as one as well. I quickly dried and dressed myself before I started towel drying my hair. I walked out of the bathroom as I continued the latter only to stop dead in my tracks. There on my bed sat the boy that I was growing more and more fond of with each time we met.

"Hi," Michael said shyly as he rose from my bed. I smiled as I walked towards him.

"Hey. I didn't think you would come," I sighed as I dropped my towel on the ground. As soon as the towel was on the floor my arms reached towards him as if it was the most natural thing in the world for them to do. He grinned brightly as he wrapped me in a warm embrace.

"I promised you I'd be here. I couldn't not come."

His smile didn't quite reach his eyes, and I knew then that he was going through a terrible sadness. I felt him sigh into our embrace. I knew he didn't want to let go of me, and I also figured that he needed someone to hug him right now. I didn't bother letting go of him.

"You were right," he whispered into my hair. His warm breath fluttered down my spine in a series of shivers.

"I'm sorry," I whispered into his shoulder. He pulled in a deep breath and slowly let it out, and once again it sent a series of shivers down my spine. He pulled away a little so he could look down into my eyes.

"Are you cold," he asked as he repositioned his arms from around my shoulders to around my waist.

"A little," I answered, half honestly. My damp hair was making me a little chilly, but not enough to make me shiver like that. He smiled as he led me over to the bed. We sat down as he grabbed a blanket and wrapped it tightly around me.

"But I came tonight to tell you that I," he trailed off as he ran a hand through his chocolate hair.

"You have to leave," I finished for him. My voice was calm even though I wanted to cry. I never thought that I could feel so many emotions for a person that I met in one week, and I didn't even like him in the beginning.

"I have to go into hiding. My mother has vowed to get her vengence and the only thing that would hurt either of them is me," he explained.

"You can't stay here and get hunted down like a mut. You are much more than that Michael," I assured him.

"I don't want to leave you," he said under his breath in a voice so low I almost missed it. I didn't know what to say to that, and I was positive that he didn't want me to hear it so I didn't say anything about it. Instead we both fell into a silence that wasn't really awkward, it was more of a comfortable silence.

"Have you," I started, but then I realized it wasn't my place to ask if he had told Leo yet.

"Have I told Leo," he asked, and I nodded. "Yeah, well, not yet. I'm going to, but I wanted to tell you first. I also wanted to ask you if you knew about this since, you know, you saw the argument yesterday."

I sighed as I looked into his green eyes that were unusually light, and said, "Yeah, I knew." He gave me a look of shock, but understanding quickly filled his eyes.

"I have to go tell Leo. I'll try and talk to you again soon, if I can," he said in one of those odd unfeeling voices.

"Hey Michael," I called as he put his hand on the door knob. He sighed as he turned to face me.

"What," he answered in an angry tone. I shook my head as I talked towards him. I stood on my tip toes and pulled his face towars mine. Our lips met gently as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I had never been kissed quite like that before. It was like heat waves mixed with lightening bolts travled through my body as he tongue danced with mine.

When we finally stopped kissing, we were both breathing heavily and grinning wildly. He looked at me in pure shock and I smiled at him. "I told you I didn't hate you," I laughed as I caught my breath.

"Well have I ever told you that I don't hate you too," he laughed with me.

"I guess this is goodbye," I sighed as his hand turned on the door knob.

"No, this is see you later. It's less permanent," he promised as he leaned in and gave me a quick kiss.

"I'm going to miss you," I whispered under my breath as he walked out of the door. I watched him until he disappeared into Leo's room.

I had already seen what was going to happen there. Leo was going to pout because his best friend was leaving, and then they would do one of those weird guy hug things. Michael would be back soon. I didn't see it in the future, but I knew he wouldn't leave me for long. He couldn't leave me for long. I just prayed that he would be alright, and that we would meet again only the next time I wouldn't be so harsh towards him.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, so you guys let me know what you think...
and yes I wrote the chapter while I was on my
pain meds so it might seem a bit weird, but now
I am off to go take a nap... I expect more than two
of you to comment on this chapter...

This chapter goes out to the two people who commented
the last chapter, Vampire's_addiction and the other one whose
user name I forgot, and ZydrateAddict.