Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

Kegan

Kegan

I sat in my father's office debating if I should go down to head quarters and check on my children. Today, after all, was the day that they had to face Victor. That fact worried me.

Victor had been hired by none other than the king himself. Vincent saw something in Victor's strength. He had a coldness that could rival no other. Victor was truely heartless, and he had been with my family for centuries. He had been with us before even my father was born which I'm sure was back in the sixteenth century, a little after Vlad Tempish's time. Rumore had it that Victor helped trap and detain the Count himself some where that was relatively safe, which basically meant a silled concrete box some wherei n the middle of nowhere.

Leo could handle Victor. He may get banged up a bit, but he would survive because he was better with his hand to hand combat skills. Rosie, on the other hand, would probably have more trouble with Victor's teaching technique. His technique is basically pumble you until you can beat him back. I knew because I had gone through many sessions with Victor when I was their age. Thankfully it was before I met Maddie so she didn't have to worry about all the brusies I had come home with.

Speaking of Madeline, it was still a lot to take in that she was back home again. I could hear the soft steady beats of her heart as she lay sleeping in the guest room. I could smell her sweet scent fill this house again, and I could fell my heart repairing itself from the damage that she had caused so many moons ago. She was everything I wanted, everything I had dreamed of, and everything I had losed.

I shook my thoughts of Maddie out of my head as I continued to debate going down to view Victor's lesson. My children would probably hate their father being there, but on the other hand I could probably lessen the pain impact that Victor intended to pour apon them. I sighed as I grabbed my coat from the hook and walked out of my office. One of the butlers walked past me in shock, but he didn't speak. He knew just to hold all calls and that I would be back eventually.

I walked down stairs and found Grayson who was still luckily on call. He pulled the limo around and I climbed in the back of the short black limo. "Where to sir," he asked professionally.

"Grayson, old friend, what's with the formalities," I joked. He smiled as she looked at me through the rear view mirror.

"Sorry, Mr. Vaara. Where would you like to go, Kegan," he corrected himself. I laughed.

"Take me to the city office, Gray. My kids have class with Victor," I informed him. A slight, almost unnoticeable shiver went down his spine. He had been to my first session with Victor.

"I'll pray for them," he said politely as he pulled out of the drive way and sped down the road. It was only a matter of time before I would get yet another glimpse of my past.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is basically a little preview/intro to the
great and terrible Victor... he is too old for last
names so don't ask... As you can tell by Kegan's
POV here we're not exactly sure how old he is yet.

also thank you guys for the comments. I'm sorry for
being so rude on my other chapter I realize you guys
don't always have time to comment, but it means a lot :)
Oh and remember when we dropped from 33 subscriber
to 30, well now we have 39 YAY! And what do you guys think
of the new story layout?

Also my contest winners if I sent you anything back about
your character info (as in idea wise) could you forward it
back to me so I don't forget our lovely ideas. I forgot to write
them down. I'm just asking here because I'm not sure if you
guys got my message about it :)