Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

Red Then Clear, Or Blue

Kegan

I had put a lot of though into my decisions over the past sixteen years. Well, I had thought them through until Madeline came home. I remembered how rash and changing I was when I was with her, and I had come to realize that I missed those qualities most about myself since she had been gone. I had also asked David what he thought about my idea. He asked the very question I had been pondering for the last three days. "If you are willing to be with Madeline, then one of you has to make a life changing decision. Is she willing to become a vampire, or are you willing to become human?"

Maddie despised having to drink blood durning her pregnancy, and if I became human it meant that I would have to change everything about myself. I would have to change my name, my location, and give up my business. Or at least I thought I would.

I left my children under the watchful eyes of Victor. I knew he would keep them safe, and probably cause them a bit of pain as well. I carefully walked towards the small building that was more like a hut by the herb gardens that belonged to the only magical being who practiced the spells that I needed. Zora was probably the only good hearted Ragana left in the world. A Ragana is a type of witch that can see all, and she knows how to help you, before you know how to help yourself.

Zora had helped me a lot over the years, more or less with my father and Victor's temper tantrums that I used to have to go through. The door to the hut was opened and I waltzed in. A tall woman stood in the middle of thin air in front of a book shelf. Her wonders never ceast to amaze me.

"Hey, Vaara. Long time, no see. I have just what you're looking for," she stated in a thick Austrailian accent. Her sandy blond hair was pulled up into a loose bun, and it fell a little more as she turned quickly to face me, her feet touching the ground as she did so.

"Zora, I'm here," I started but she waved a hand as she walked over to what looked like a fancy chemistry set.

"You want to marry this girl from your past, but she is mortal, and you are afraid your differences will come bwtween you. I suggest you discuss your dificulties with the misus before you decide but here is three bottles," she explained as she haded me the bottles. The first bottle looked like blood, but it didn't smell of it. The second was clear with no oder at all, and the third was blue with a hit of sweetness to it.

"What," I started, but once again she cut me off.

"If you want to be a human then drink the red first. It will make you alive again. In order to be the age as your lover you sould drink the clear, but stop half way through it and kiss her passionately before drinking the rest. If she desires to become a vampire then she must drink the blue. If you do not follow my directions it could be fatal," she explained again.

"So red, then half clear, then kiss, then rest of clear. Or just blue," I repeated with a grin. She rolled her eyes.

"Just remember that, sir," she mockingly ordered.

"Thank you, Zora. And please watch your husband," I laughed. "I don't want him killing my kids."

"Oh, Victor has the bite of a lion and the heart of a lamb. He wouldn't hurt them, I swear it. If he did he'd be a frog for sure," Zora winked at me as she laughed.

"I must be off. Maddie will be worrying if I don't get back soon." I smiled and waved to her as I left the building. I didn't bother walking as I had before, instead I ran to my car and raced home. I was excited and petrified all at the same time, but I needed to talk to Maddie to see what she wanted before I made any rash decisions.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder what Maddie will think of this, or
if Kegan will really go through with becoming
human? Maybe it's a huge step that shouldn't
be taken lightly considering they just got back
together.

Comments please. You know I love them, and
if you have any suggestions on how to make it
better throw them out there. It's now or never!