Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

Options

Maddie

I awoke to an odd scene. The light cream colored curtains danced gently on the breeze that whispered through the room through the open window. The sun hit the off white walls which illuminated the room brilliantly. The soft beige sheets wrapped warmly around me, and even though I felt safe, something still felt wrong.

I stretched as I debated on leaving the safety of the warm bed. Finally I decided to get up and shower since I smelled a little ripe. Memories of the day before flooded my mind as I made my way towards the bathroom.

Johnny had left with Amanda, and my children had agreed to go into the family business. And most importantly, I had come home. I knew that this was the place where I belonged ever since the first day I was forced to come here. Alright, that may be stretching the truth a bit, but I did figure out that I was meant to be here with my true family.

I got tired of sitting in the bright room, so I managed to get out of the all too comfortable bed and make my way down the stair well. The Vaara house was huge, but it was something that I could never forget. I turned back after I'd gotten to the bottom of the stairs and walked towards the kitchen for coffee, but something didn't seem quite right. I knew the kids wouldn't be here because they were off training still, but Kegan had been around and about the house a lot, yet he was no where to be seen. I shrugged my shoulders ad I grabbed my freshly made coffee and headed back towards the stairs. There was on place that I was curious about, especially since I hadn't seen it in a long while.

I slowly made my way up the stairs, a grin spread across my face the whole time. I felt sneaky, but I really wasn't doing anything wrong. I closed my eyes as I remembered back to when I was seventeen and falling in love. My feet pulled my forward down the hall and up stair wells. Before I knew it I was standing in front of Kivi's office, which I assumed Kegan inherited. I smiled as I turned my gaze to the darkening halls before me. As my heart sped up with excitement I half ran through the halls just like I had the night that I confessed to T.J that I couldn't be more than his friend.

I found my way, with little difficulty, to the old rickety stair well. I was a little shocked not to find the stair rebuilt, but instead the old, familiar, cold rot-iron was right there under my hand. I stepped on the stair well and the familiar danger flooded my body as it whined with the force of my weight. I quickly climbed the stair well, and made my way down the seemingly never-ending hallway. After what only could have been five minutes, I was standing in front of the door that helped me realize my only option.

I put my hand on the door knob, and I was surprised to find that it was warm. The door stuck a little bit as I tried to push it open, but it didn't put up to much of a fight. I nearly fainted when I saw Kegan standing there in all his beautiful glory. He looked paler than usual, and I was sure that the sun was draining his strength slightly, but I didn't know how long he had been out there. I saw him casually slip his hand into his pocket, and it seemed suspicious.

"Good morning," I sang as I walked over to him. He smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes as he leaned down to kiss me. I still couldn't get over that little shock his lips sent down my spine.

"Morning to you too," he said absently as he stared out into the open sky.

"What are you thinking about," I asked nosily as I took a sip of the warm black liquid in my cup. Kegan looked at me curiously.

"What are you drinking," he asked, trying to change the subject.

"It's the equivalent of blood," I laughed as I took another long sip. He crinkled his nose as I pulled the cup from my lips. He took the cup from my hands and sniffed it deeply.

"Uh huh," he laughed as he took a sip. "I didn't know you drank coffee."

"Um, it got to be a habit after all those horrible hang overs I caused myself," I joked. Hurt swept his beautiful features and I immediately regretted my words. "I'm sorry."

"No, don't be. You're here now, that's what matters," he sighed as he turned those grey eyes on me.

"What," I whispered as my voice decided to run away. I wrapped my arms around him tightly as I stared up into those gorgeous eyes. He set my coffee on the edge of the roof before cradling my face in his cold hands.

"I love you, more than anything, you know that right," he whispered as the breeze floated by us. His words carried through the wind for a moment as I processed what he said. I felt tears start to swell in my eyes.

"Well if you let me go, I'll be on my way then," I said in a shaky tone. I knew he didn't want me here. I just knew it. I had over stayed my welcome, and it was time. I just wished it wouldn't have come.

"No, I won't let you leave. Madeline, you alway did misunderstand me didn't you," he sighed as he dropped his hands. I let go of his waist and backed up a few paces.

"Then what are you talking about," I questioned. For a moment I was wondering what had happened to his sanity.

"We both are getting older, and I can't believe you haven't complained sooner, but I don't age as fast as you do," he started to explain.

"Are you saying you want me to become," I trailed off.

"No, I'm saying that we have a decision to make. I know you probably don't remember, but Lydia once spoke of a way that vampires can become human, and there is a way that's less painful that humans can be transformed."

"What are you asking me, Kegan," I asked. Confusion washed over me as I tried to think straight.

"Are you willing to become what I am in order to say with our children forever, or would you force me to give up my home, my life, my family, and create a whole new existence so we can be together until we die of old age," he explained nonchalantly.

"Kegan, I," I started. He waved me off as he turned his gaze away from me.

"No, don't answer now. Just think about it, and let me know what you decide," he spoke softly. I could hear the slight disappointment in his voice. I would do anything for Kegan, Leo, and Autumn, but I really didn't want to be a vampire.

Kegan grabbed the cup of coffee off the ledge and looked at me as he said, "This stuff is really not good for you." And with that he walked through the door, and out of my sight. I sighed loudly as I rested my elbow on the ledge and put my head in my hand.

"What would he do if the situation was reversed," I thought aloud. I knew the answer, he would go to the ends of the earth to keep me the way I was so that I would be happy in my life. I also knew that if I chose it, he would up root his entire world, and it was a huge price to think of if either went wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
and now we leave Maddie to debate her problems
while we move back to the twins :)