Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

Rosie's Vision and Questions

Rosie

I ran back to the office with my necklace in my pocket along with Leo’s ring. I was afraid that I would lose them, but that didn’t stop me from hurrying. Something inside my heart was telling me that it was important to get that ring to Leo, and I couldn’t help but to wonder what was going on.

As soon as I touched the office door I felt a sensation that I’d never felt before. It wasn’t pain, but it didn’t feel nice either. It started in my head and it made my knees weak. I fell to the ground and held both hands to my head. I thought I heard someone shout, “Just go with it,” but it could have been my imagination.

An image so dark I could barely see that it was an image flashed before my eyes. Suddenly the image starting moving through what looked like dark corridors, and it was like I was looking through the eyes of another.

I was in a hall with my hands chained together. I could barely breathe; it felt as if someone had beaten the air right out of my lungs. I could hardly see a foot in front of me, but I somehow knew that there was someone pulling me along by the chain that was bound around my hands. I could also hear what sounded like screaming. I guessed that I was in a dungeon. As we drew closer to a door, candle light began to flicker across the walls. I could see a tall man with dark hair tied back in an old fashioned way. He fiddled with a set of keys until he came across the one that opened the thick oak door that stood stiffly in front of us.

The man, whom I assumed was the guard, threw me into the small room. It was too large to call a cell, but it was to dark and rank to call a bedroom. A lumpy, stained mattress sat to the right of the room, and a grotesque bucket was placed on the left. Flies and other unknown insects flew, crawled, and snaked around the nasty bucket, and that is when I figured out what the bucket was for. Can you say gross? I could feel what the person was feeling; the overwhelming sense of sadness, anger, rage, and the dire feeling that there is no hope of every being free from this again. There were also the strange feelings of confusion, curiousness, and wonder.

I somehow knew that I was sixteen, but I didn’t know my name or where I was from. I realized that I didn’t know who my family was, or even if they would come for me. The only memory of what I guessed was supposed to be my parents was a pair of electric blue eyes glaring at me from a man’s face. I knew all of this, but I did not know why I was given to a vampire when I was ten years old. Six years I had been a slave, I had been sold off many times because I was insolent. I would not speak or scream for the vampires, I simply followed orders. I cleaned when I was told, and I made real food that they would simply throw out without feeding me, but I never complained. That simple fact seemed to make my captors angry, and they resented me for it.


A sharp pain shot through my side and my vision was cleared. The bright light of the setting sun shown directly into my sensitive eyes, and I felt as if I was going to be blind for the rest of my life. I quickly covered my eyes as I managed to get back onto my feet again. I shook my head trying to get the memory of the terrible images and memories out of my head, but I couldn’t escape them.

“Rosie,” a musical voice whispered. A voice I thought I wasn’t going to hear ever again was talking to me.

“Michael,” I questioned as I glanced around in the bright light. I didn’t see his thick chocolate hair, or his beautiful forest eyes. I felt a pang in the frontal lobe of my brain as his voice floated through my head once again.

“I’m in danger,” his voice whispered so low that I almost mistook it for the wind.

“What,” I questioned once again aloud.

“They found out about me,” his voice stated. The pain in my head got worse.

“Where are you,” I questioned.

“I’m with you,” he answered.

This time when I peered around, I saw something odd. There was a building about five yards away from me. Bars covered the windows, and I somehow knew it was a dungeon, but what would Kegan need with that. “I’m here,” he whispered in that wispy tone of his. Without thinking I ran for the building.

“Michael,” I half yelled as I got to the window.

“Rosie,” he questioned as if he hadn’t been talking to me earlier.

“What are you doing in there?”

“I was going to leave and then suddenly I was trying to fight off a lot of things, and when I woke up I was here. What are you doing,” he questioned almost accusingly.

“I heard you,” I answered stupidly.

“What?”

“Were you thinking about something just now,” I asked. I didn’t want to just blurt out were you thinking about me?

“Yeah, I was thinking that I hoped you knew that I was going to get out of here, then I hoped that you didn’t know I was in this mess so you wouldn’t look at me like I was a weakling,” he explained.

“I heard you. I have Regan’s power. I heard you, but you interrupted my vision,” I informed him as I tried to pry open the bars.

“They won’t budge,” he retorted.

“You obviously don’t know me,” I stated as I pulled out my necklace. It was glowing brightly, as if the rubies had turned into silver stars. I placed it against my heart as I grabbed a bar and yanked it as hard as I could. The bar along with a few pieces of the building came loose in my hand.

“Whoa, maybe I am a weakling,” he scoffed as he watched me. I smiled.

“I have the power of Johanna and Vincent on my side,” I laughed as I flashed the necklace at him as I ripped another bar loose. The whole was now big enough for him to climb out of.

“Yeah you do.” He smiled that heartbreakingly beautiful smile of his before he wrapped me in a hug. He smelled as if he hadn’t bathed in a while, but I didn’t mind it because he was back in my arms. He suddenly let go of my waist and too my wrist. “We have to get out of here before they find me. I am not leaving you this time!”

“No, I have to get this to Leo,” I hissed as I yanked my wrist away from him. He rolled his eyes as he looked at the ring.

“Fine, I’ll wait for as long as I can. If I have to leave, I’ll find a way to send you word about where I am,” he explained. I nodded as I watched him run off into the forest.

All I had left was to get the ring to Leo, but what was I going to do about Michael being in a jail cell because of my father’s business.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rosie is seeing through the eyes of Lazaro's
slave known right now as Raven, aka the girl that
Leo wants to save.

Leave me comments, and if you didn't get a chance
go read about Alex getting his ass kicked in Vampire's_Addiction's
Story The Blood of An Angel.