Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

Yellow!

Kegan

I shook my head trying to get the memory of Alex shooting at Madeline. He was supposed to be the best marksman I had and yet he couldn’t distinguish human sounds from robots. I still wanted to kill him, but as bad as Maddie had beaten him he wouldn’t be up for a good fight for a while.

That’s when I realized, I remembered the moment he pulled the trigger on Louisa’s loaned gun, I remembered the moment the bullet left the barrel, and I remember the moment I pushed Maddie down to the floor as got her out of the way. After I looked back to the wall and saw that the bullet would have hit Maddie between her eyes exactly if it hadn’t been for me, something came over me. I had never been that angry in my entire existence, not even when I saw Maddie with that William guy was I that mad.

Something had to have shocked me out of it though. It couldn’t have been Alex, and the only person I remember seeing after it was that Caleb guy. He had told me to apologize and to get out. What right did he have telling me to get out of a place where I was an honored guest? I sighed loudly in the quiet of the kitchen.

Maddie had gone to bed as soon as we returned, Alex and his wounded pride went back to the office, and I found myself wondering around the kitchen because I couldn’t sleep. I wanted badly to remember what had happened to shock me but I just couldn’t. So instead I began planning; I needed to spare men to the angel war which could possibly be done. Next, I needed to get the updates on my children’s mission. After that was of course the dreaded discussion.

I sighed as I pulled the bottles out of my pocket. Red then clear, or blue. How could that possibly be a decision I could make, and how could I ask Maddie to make a decision like that? I was glad that Rosie and Leo had no idea what was going on because they had enough on their plates. I then had a realization. Louisa promised it would all be alright, that I would find a way to make the right decision, and I trusted her. After all she had been Elizabeth’s best friend, and Elizabeth gave me a lot of great advice when Maddie left me. She was the one who actually kept me from going all over the surface of the planet looking for Maddie so I could yell at her for hours before threatening to kill her voice leaving us.

Another thought hit me, if Maddie chose to become a monster for her family then how would she feel about being thirty four years old for the rest of her existence. I think she would hate it especially after she got a glance at us in a mirror. I still looked like I was eighteen, and I wouldn’t age any more, and she looked a lot older than me. She would definitely resent me if I didn’t find a way to make it better.

I sighed. It was time for another trip to the amazing Zora. I glanced at the clock. It was five thirty in the morning so I knew Maddie would be sleeping for a long while. I decided to take the car and go. Zora gave me this bright idea of making my returned girlfriend into a vampire, and at the moment I am depending on her to give me an idea on how to make her feel more comfortable if she does make the change.

I made my way to the office, and then I walked out to the court yard. I saw something that was very unusual; there was a shadow in the forest. The air didn’t smell unfamiliar; in fact, it smelled like a friend of Leo’s that I had met at the party. So, I ignored the odd sight before heading around the building once again. I was struck with another odd sight as I rounded the building. Alex was talking to Victor. Victor hated Alex, and I couldn’t believe that he was talking and not threatening. I sighed as I headed towards the hut. I knew Alex would see me, and I knew he would wince. I didn’t really care though, I refused to apologize to the idiot who tried to kill Maddie.

I made my way to the hut where lights shown brightly. She must have heard from David and knew why I was here. She had been working on something similar for ages, but this was different. I didn’t want to age a vampire and then make the vampire young again; I wanted to reverse the aging of the humans to a certain point before vampirism. I knocked lightly on the door and before I had time to sigh again the door was flung open. Zora had her head buried in a cloud of steam over a pot that seemed to be boiling.

“I think I’ve got something for you, boss,” Zora informed me.

“Really, I hope it’s a good thing,” I joked as I stepped into the hut and back away from the steam. It smelled dreadful, like old dirty sweat socks.

“I think it should work. It’s still in the testing stages. I actually talked to Dave a few days ago so I changed that agent that I gave you and found that it works a little, but not quite right,” she explained. I looked at her in a confused way, and she pointed to a corner. There in the corner stood a decaying skeleton and it looked like it would be my age, and I’m nearly a thousand years old.

“Yeah, that’s definitely not good,” I stated as I stared wide eyed at the mummified corpse.

“Oh and have you seen Alex, he’s still limping around. He refused to tell Victor what happened so now they’re trying to talk like civilized adults. Can you imagine,” she laughed. I smiled a weak smile.

“Between you and me, Madeline kicked his ass,” I whispered. Her eyes went wide and she knocked over a bottle of yellow liquid. The liquid seeped into a cage that contained a beautiful white lab rat.

“Oh my,” she half laughed as she started wiping at the liquid. I watched silently as a single drop landed on the small rat.

He appeared to be at his prime age, he would surely die in a month or two. As the yellow drop of liquid fell on his tiny straw that connected to his water dropper he decided he was a little thirsty. He drank heavily from the dropper, and I could see the tiny droplets of yellow flow into the water. He lay down and slowly went to sleep, and I felt a little sorry for him. “Ah no, Mr. White,” Zora whispered. I sighed.

“Sorry Zoe, I better get back to the house before Madeline decides to wake up. Oh, and be careful there’s a weird shadow floating around outside,” I warned her as I walked out of the hut.

Alex and Victor were still talking, only this time Alex had his back turned to me. I felt a smile creep across my lips as I put a finger to my mouth signaling for Victor to be quiet. He moved his eyes slowly towards the sky, and back down again. I grinned widely as I quietly walked p behind Alex.

“It just wasn’t good. I can’t believe that I missed due to all those stupid wars I had to fight in,” Alex sighed. Victor nodded.

“It’s alright. Everyone has a weakness,” Victor assured him.

“What’s yours,” Alex asked. I raised my hand and Victor began to smile.

“A great fighter never shares his weaknesses,” he answered as I slammed my hand on Alex’s unhurt shoulder. He jumped at least three feet in the air and screamed violently. Victor and I were on the ground laughing. I even heard Zora cackle out.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know what you think, and remember
Yellow liquid is very important.