Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

The Truth Behind The Masks

Kegan

Leo walked through the door, and I realized that I had forgotten something. I had planned this meeting so well. I had spent more time planning to meet my daughter for the first time in almost sixteen years than I had spent on any other meeting in my life. I remembered the nervous butterfly feeling that my stomach held from times that I really dreaded to think about. I glanced at Leo, who stood in the door way watching the maid set the table perfectly.

"What's going on, dad," he asked in a curious tone.

"I have an important meeting tonight," I answered as I watched the maid like a hawk. I was so afraid that she would mess up.

"Do I have to make an appearence," he asked in one of those 'I don't want to be here' tones.

"No, actually, I'd prefer it if you would try and make yourself scarce tonight."

"What's so important," he asked in that annoyingly curious way of his.

"That werewolf is coming over tonight to discuss more business, alright. I know you don't like him, and I don't want you to accidently say anything rude that might make this deal go sour," I lied through my fangs.

I was so glad that she had helped me to perfect my lying skills. I didn't want Leo to meet his sister, not until the right moment. I figured a birthday party for both of them would be the perfect time.

"Yeah, no problem. Just have some food sent up before you get too busy and I'll just do homework or something. Maybe I'll hang out with Michael if he finishs his early," I thought aloud.

"Michael? Isn't he Gunther's boy," I asked in my own curious way. If I remembered correctly Gunther was a werewolf, and if the rumors were true he had a girlfriend that was a vampire.

"I think that's his dad's name," Leo answered in an unsure tone, but his eyes held a a bit of panic. I didn't worry about his friend. I simply let the idea be, until someone proved it, I wouldn't worry.

T.J

I hated this whole dinner idea. I wished Rosie didn't have to endure it, but I knew something like this would happen one day. I truthfully was more worried about Maddie than Kegan. If Rosie saw her she'd hate her mother. I never lied to her, and I felt awful for not telling her something along the lines of what Kegan had told Leo. Every question Rosie had asked about her parents I had answered honestly. I was extremely glad that she had never asked me about her sybling. I would have lied about Leo, because I didn't want her tracking him down.

I stood in the mirror. I had changed from my khakies to a pair of black slacks, and I switched my green shirt for something a little more Keganish. Yes, I was wearing red, and I looked terrible. I ruffled my shaggy hair and walked out of my room. Lydia had gone back to wherever she was supposed to be, and that left me to get Rosie ready for her father.

"Rosie," I asked as I knocked on her door. I heard her sigh loudly as she unlocked the door.

"Honestly do I have to go like this," she asked as she opened the door.

I smiled as I stared at her. I had let her see Maddie's room from back when she was staying here. Rosie must have went in there looking for something to wear because she was wearing a skirt. Her skirt was a crimson color, and she wore a black shirt with a red heart on the left shoulder. She was wearing black flats, and she looked so much like her mother. "You look beautiful," I said through teary eyes. My little girl was growing up, and if she liked her father, she might leave me.

"I know that, I just feel uncomfortable," she said in a joking tone. I just laughed a little as I grabbed her by her shoulders and wrapped her in a hug.

"No one, Rosie, cares more about you than I do. I can promise you that."

"Okay, this is just too mushy for me. Lets go see my father," she said the latter in a depressed tone.

"Lets go visit Kegan," I retorted as I let her go and walked out of her room. I heard her soft foot steps following me. I got into the car, and waited for her to put on her seatbelt before I drove towards the castle better known as Kegan's house.

I couldn't compete with him when it came to Madeline. I just wondered how I could keep my little girl when I knew he wanted his daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I don't know about you guys, but yes I was
almost in tears as I re-read T.J's part. I didn't really
get into Kegan's feelings because he's just more
frightened right now. But don't worry he will voice
his oppinion soon enough.

Leave comments please!