Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

Dinner Disasters

Rosie

The five minute ride was quiet. I didn't mind the silence, actually I prefered it. The silence gave me time to concentrate. I could understand what was happening, but I didn't want to.

Kegan Vaara had called T.J into his office after I had left for school that morning. He had decided that it was time to meet his daughter, and tell her something that T.J wouldn't talk about. Okay, who cares just tell me what's going on.

My head was swirling with thoughts of Kegan and my mother. Madeline Garver was my mom. I offically had a name to put with the face that I had longed to see in person for so many years. I had always wanted to be a princess, but who'd have guess that I was sort of like one.

We pulled onto a gravel road, and that lasted for a nother mile before we came to a mansion. Wait, that's an understatement. The house in front of me was not a house or a mansion. No, it was truely a castle. "Welcome," a bannor read above the door. T.J stepped out of his side of the car. He came around the open the door for some odd reason.

I got out of the car carefully, and then I looked back towards the house. My storm colored eyes were met by a pair of eyes that matched them perfectly. He was a little tall, around 5'11 I'd say. His hair was a little long, but not like T.J's. He stood in a pair of black slacks and a blue button down shirt.

"Kegan," T.J asked suddenly. The man smiled brightly showing off a pair of beautifully sculpted fangs. His face seemed like a white marble statue, and he was utterly beautiful.

"Maybe I should go back to dying my hair blue," the man laughed.

"No way," T.J laughed in a shocked tone.

"Oh, you knew I wouldn't miss this meeting. It's the battle of the stuborn," the man joked. He stepped towards us, and without warning he was next to T.J.

"Is this our girl," the man asked in a softer more serious tone.

"This is my Rosie," T.J answered as he threw an arm around my shoulders.

"Hello, dear, I'm your uncle Regan," he smiled that fang filled grin of his once again. Without thinking I put my hand into his and he gave it a gentle squeeze. He released my hand and then glanced back towards the house. "Ha, I met her first," he said in a sing songy voice as he flashed back to the porch.

"I've known her for years brother dear," Lydia's voice floated on the wind. I glanced towards her, and she looked at me. "You look goregous, Rosie," she said softly as I made my way towards the porch.

"Hey, how come I can hear and see just as good as you, but I can do that whole step twenty yards away thing," I asked absently as I walked up the porch steps. T.J laughed, and Regan smiled.

"Because I can't show you that," T.J answered.

"But I can," a velvet voice floated on the wind. I looked up to see a man who looked almost exactly like Regan only with a tad longer hair staring at me. "Hello Rosie." I looked at T.J and he nodded slightly which told me who this man was.

"Kegan," I said in an emotionless tone.

"Ah, I see you've heard of me, I hope good things," he glared at T.J.

"Only that you killed Maddie off, but who's counting," I laughed. Everyone else fell silent. "That's one of those things I should keep to my self isn't it," I said to T.J.

"Uh huh," he said quietly as we were all ushered into the house.

We walked down the entrance hall for a moment, and I was amazed at how big the house was. About for doors down the hall, there was a door that was propped open. A fancy chandler hung from the ceiling, a pearl white table cloth dawned the giant king's table in the middle of the room, several long red candles burned in the room making it look elogent, and my favorite part was the center peice. It was eleven long stemed red roses with a single white rose in the center. The roses were in a crystal vase, and the candle light flicked off the crystal as if it was something from a fairy tale.

"This isn't real real," I whispered as I took the seat next to the one on the left side of the table. Regan sat next to me, and Lydia sat across from him. T.J sat across from me, and he just stared at me. Something was different in his eyes. There was a sadness that seemd so surreal, but his eyes also held a coldness that I didn't recognize. His brightly colored eyes had dimmed to match the color of his dark green shirt that he wore earlier.

"It is quite real, love. This house has been in my family for generations. My father's father was Vincent, the lord of the vampires," Kegan explained as he waved a hand while sitting at the head of the table.

"Yeah, his grandfather and my great grandfather were best friends. Justl like we were when we were younger, right Kegan," T.J said absently as he looked around the corrner.

"That's true, even if they don't want to admit it personally," Regan laughed. I liked him so far. Regan was cunning, sweet, charming, and really funny. I was glad that he was at this dinner because he helped make it a little less awkward.

"Kegan, it's time to tell her," Lydia whispered. I looked at her coldly as I remembered the graveyard. She had known my mother, and kept in contact with her all these years, but never said a word.

"Right, I'll tell her as soon as they finished setting dinner out, Lydia," he stated in an annoyed tone as waiters brought out silver platters and dishes. There was macroni and cheese, with baked chicken and green beans along with mashed patatos. I couldn't believe he had gotten all of my favorite foods without knowing me. "I know you all to well," Kegan said with a grin as if he read my mind.

"He can do that, you know, read your thoughts," T.J explained.

"Yeah, but it's creepy when you do that," I answered. He gave me an odd glace. "You answered my question that I was already thinking before I said it out loud," I explained before taking a sip of my water.

"Sorry."

"Autumn, I am throwing you a sweet sixteen party," Kegan stated all at once as he began his meal.

"You what," I answered in a shocked tone as I gulped down my water.

"Well, not just you, I'm sorry. I'm throwing you and your twin brother a birthday party," Kegan stated once again.

"And I'm inviting your mother," T.J said absently as he at his own meal.

"Your doing what," Lydia and Regan exclaimed together.

"Excuse me," Kegan hissed.

"Madeline wants to see her children. She has made it clear to your sister," T.J answered coldly. "So, I am inviting her. She has a right just as you have to see her family."

"No she doesn't," Kegan said. His voice had starting rising.

"Yes, she does," Lydia agreed with T.J.

"No," Regan exclaimed, "she doesn't Lydia. Maddie left Leo and Rosie to fend for themselves. Hell, she took Kegan's daughter away from him!"

"Regan," Lydia hissed.

"No! I won't stand for this," Regan shouted as he pushed his chair back with so much force that the chair fell backwards and he stormed out of the room.

"Would it be a bad time to say I've lost my appite," I asked shyly. All three sets of eyes glared at me at once. I lowered my head and sat in silence until the waiters came to take dinner up.

The room had been quiet, and it frightened me slightly. I shook my head as I tried to let go of the bad thoughts that surfaced in my mind. I couldn't help but to think of all of the things that could go wrong with a party for me. Not to mention I had a freaking twin brother. T.J had lied to me. He didn't tell me about my family.

"May I be excused," I asked.

"Sure," Kegan said absently.

"Bathroom," I asked.

"Down the hall fifth door on your right," he answered once again.

"Thanks," I said before getting up and walking out of the dinning room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so here's the plan. I'm going
to try an update more on the weekends
but I have to update some of my other
stories as well, so I'll update as much as
I can, and as much as my imagination allows
but remember I do get horrible cases of
writers block so any suggestions or ideas
are great. which thank you to Vampire's_Addiction
for discussing ideas with me, and also to xxoomwauhzxxoo
for sharing her oppinions with me. I always love
when you share your thoughts on the story
even if you do make me realize it should have some
changes for explainations.

Comment please. (And tell your friends to read
the story. If they don't want to start at the beginning
tell them that I'll be happy to fill them in as long as
they give me comments!) We have 21 subscribers
on this story by the way, and 81 on the sequel and 79
on the prequel. So we're doing pretty good!