Status: Hiatus [lost interest, sorry]

So This Is Love

Not yet.

Cerise’s POV

I woke up the next morning expecting to find Shayne next to me but instead a folded piece of paper lay in his place.

‘I hope you’re feeling better, baby. Brian and I went to the store and should be back after a while. Love Shayne'

I smiled briefly before sitting up and pushing off the covers. My stomach was growling at me almost demanding that I eat something.

I walked across the living room, beer bottles stacked along the tables, and into the kitchen to find someone I was hoping had left.

Shannon stood there in a small black tank top and her underwear with the fridge door open bent over looking for something.

“Like what you see?” she asked upon noticing my appearance.

I rolled my eyes and reached above her for the milk carton. She continued to rummage through the fridge while I made myself a bowl of cereal.

“Fuck! There’s nothing in this god damn house to eat.” she shouted after slamming the fridge door shut.

I looked at her like the stupid person she was making it obvious that there was in fact something to eat. You just had to not be picky.

“Yea besides that nasty shit.” she sneered.

She walked past me into the living room.

“Why don’t you make yourself useful and try cleaning up some of your mess?” I called to her around the cereal in my mouth.

“Why don’t you stop whining like a fucking bitch and do it yourself?” she retorted.

I drank the milk at the bottom of my bowl and rinsed it out before leaving the kitchen.

“Listen, if you’re going to be staying here the least you can do is clean up after yourself. Take some fucking responsibility.” I snapped at her.

“Cerise, honey. Get over yourself. You’re not the only girl in this house now so deal with the fact that you’ll be taking orders from now on instead of giving them.” she said as if she were talking to a six year old.

“Wow, last time I check you weren’t my fucking mother.” I shot back.

“No, I’m not. You killed your mommy, remember?” she laughed at that as if it were a joke.

I felt as if I had just gotten the wind knocked out of me. My mom had died while having me and everyone knew it was always a tender subject with me.

“You know what? Fuck you, Shannon.” was all I could think to say.

“It’d be my pleasure. Really.” she smirked at me.

“I’m not you’re fucking play thing so get over it.” I yelled at her then turned to go back to my room.

“Not yet.” I heard just before I slammed my door shut.

Tears started spilling from my eyes yet again and I brushed them away with the back of my hand.

What I needed was a shower.

I went to collect a towel and clothes but was interrupted by the squeezing of my stomach and the tightening of my throat. I could feel bile starting to rise and dropped everything as I ran to my bathroom.

I made it just in time to the toilet and lifted the lid, spilling all of the contents of my recently consumed breakfast into the porcelain bowl.

After a few dry heaves a flushed the toilet and stood to rinse my mouth.

I looked at myself in the mirror and for the first time in a while realized just how shitty I looked.

All this damn stress is getting to me, I thought as I went back to grab my towel and change of clothes.

I need a vacation. A permanent one at that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of my readers, commenters, and/or subscribers.