Don't Ever Play With Guns

One...TWO Pretty Ladies...?!

"So what is there to do in this place?"

"Nothing. Sit here and do time," She said, keeping her voice quiet.

"...That's it?"

"What, were you expecting hot tubs and strippers?"

"No, but...it's just weird. Especially after living on the street for the past 5 years."

"Streets? What streets?"

"These streets. I haven’t lived in a house since I was living with my parents when I was 13."

"Ha, yeah. My parents refused to try and bail me out. They said I deserve it."

"My parents probably don’t even know I'm in here. Not like they care either," I sighed. I stood up, stretching slowly.

"Oh. Don’t you miss them?"

"Nope. I left. Took the gun and wore my warmest clothes, never went back."

"Oh..." she sighed.

"Why? Miss your parents?"

"Well, yeah. And Jilly over there is having a harder time than Me." Jilly? I thought, looking back over to the dark cell.

"Why...?"

"She just is never so far away from home for so long. I dunno. I understand because we've been friends since forever, but it's hitting her hard. Especially because we'll probably be stuck here for god knows how long."

"So they don’t do anything so you don’t like...die?" I asked, knowing she had some valuable info if I was stuck here too.

"No. They don’t care. Jill has knee problems, and she will be in a lot of pain, from whatever, it could be standing, sitting, anything. And they tell her to suck it up," She said, her voice still pretty quiet.

"Why are you being so quiet?"

"The only time you don’t feel anything, whether it is pain or loneliness is when you're asleep. So we do each other the favor of keeping things quiet when the other is sleeping."

"Oh. Sorry..." I said, bringing my voice down to a whisper.

"It's a relief to get rid of the pain, you know?" I could tell there was a relieved smile on her face as she whispered to me. "Anything else you want to know, sweetheart?"

"I dunno, I guess that's it."

"Alright. Get some sleep...they like to yell first thing in the morning," She whispered, and I heard some shuffling. I laid back in my cot and sighed. I slowly fell into a soft, dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
so... anyone reading this?
a comment would be greatly appreciated.