Status: Suspended Indefinitely

Practice Makes Perfect

Banquet

“Okay this was such a horrible idea. I can’t believe you made me come to this thing,” Anna whispered to Ashley as various pictures we taken of the two.

“Would you relax? We’re too very hot women in tight dresses with adequate cleavage. Embrace it, love it, share it. Plus, it won’t matter once they make the next issue of People anyway.” Anna look at Ashley quizzically.

“What do you mean?” Ashley rolled her eyes for the tenth time that day. It wasn’t Anna’s fault she knew absolutely nothing about what was going on. She didn’t even want to tag along in the first place.

“This banquet, Eclipse, press conferences; all going in the People magazine special issue of the Twilight Saga.” Anna’s jaw dropped. No, no, no, no, no way is this happening.

“Then why in the hell didn’t you tell me this sooner?!” Anna squealed, earning a few curious looks from a few people close by.

“Because then you wouldn’t have come. And you know I’m right. Now just… wait here a sec. I need to find my auntie so we can bounce.” Before Anna could complain, Ashley was lost in the masses of people chatting about. Anna hid herself in the far right corner of the colossal ballroom. It was nearest to the door, so Anna figured if Ashley couldn’t find her, she’d spot her on the way out. She calmly stood, tucking her left arm underneath her right (something she’d picked up by watching Lizzie McGuire). Soon after, Anna found herself daydreaming. Out of her left ear, Anna heard Taylor speak. It’s what brought her back to reality. When she looked over at him, she saw that he was being interviewed by a slim reporter that was wearing a too snug black dress. Anna cast her eyes over at Taylor. He was laughing at something the lady said, and was about to reply when he saw Anna staring at him. Anna quickly averted her eyes and glanced up only for a second. But that one second was long enough for her to see Taylor and the reporter both looking at her, talking. When Anna looked again, she was immediately consumed with dread. Taylor and the lady were making their way towards her, cameraman in tow. When they all reached her, the reporter beamed and spoke.

“Hello lovely, my name’s Diane. Oh my, you are so pretty! What is your name dear?” Diane asked with an inquisitive expression. Anna tried her hardest not to blush and was silently cursing at Taylor.

‘A-Anna,” she stammered. Right there she wished she could slap herself in the forehead, but decided her sudden stutter earned herself enough embarrassment. Diane looked like she was trying hard not to say, ‘aww’. Taylor however, was smiling at Anna. Not even smirking, which was a relief.

“So Anna, I have been informed that you and Taylor are quite the acquaintances. Care to tell me how he acts without the cameras around?” Diane’s brow raised, a smile playing on her gloss coated lips. Anna felt a smirk growing on her face as she watched Taylor’s expression go from amused to almost terrified.

“Well Diane, he is charming and has his funny moments, but he can also be extremely cocky and annoying at times,” Anna stated confidently. Diane and the cameraman had a laugh while Taylor shook his head and looked at the floor, a small smile appearing. When he looked up with a grin, Anna knew it was her turn to be frightened. Diane’s and CameraDude’s attention quickly shifted to Taylor as he spoke.

“Well that’s funny. Because I distinctly remember you swooning over me when I met you the other day.” Anna’s eyes almost flew out of their sockets and she furiously blushed. CameraDude caught it. Damn him, Anna thought. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Taylor laughing with Diane.

“Oh no, you see? Exactly what I said. Extreme cockiness. And um, wasn’t it you who wouldn’t leave me alone until I actually spoke to you?” Anna said.

Now who’s the cocky one.” Taylor stated with a grin. The two teenagers smiled at each other, while Diane spoke to the camera. Not long after, Ashley barged in on Taylor and Anna’s stare-a-thon.

“Sorry lover boy, I’m stealing Anna for the night,” Ashley stated, pulling Anna away. Taylor followed them.

“And where exactly are you two going?” He asked.

“Not like it’s any of your business cuz, but we’re going to a rave,” Ashley replied with a smile.

“A rave? What on earth are you planning to do there?” Taylor asked. Rather stupidly, too. Anna rolled her eyes this time and cut into the conversation.

“Oh, I don’t know. To party? Have fun? Dance? Meet cute boys?” Anna said, rolling her eyes. Ashley giggled and added, “How about all the above?” With that the two girls left, Taylor staring after them with a hint of jealously on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time no see eh? Well, lack of comments are the reason, for one. I'm only still writing this because I want to finish it. If you read my story, leave me a comment please. It seriously takes like 5 seconds.