Trapped Inside a Pretty Little Lie

The Right Thing

"No, no, no! You can't do this to me! One time, we said. One time!. I don't care if it's hard for you, Broden. Fucking deal with it!" I whined, stomping my foot. It was hard for me to say that when, in reality, I was craving to kiss him again.

"I tried, Alba! This whole weekend! Do you know how many times I picked up the phone to call you and stopped myself? I lost count after fifteen! The whole thing was a bad idea," He growled, kicking the wall.

"Well, injuring school property and or yourself won't help it. Think of Roslyn, Broden. You're in love with her, right? So be a good boyfriend and stop thinking about her sister. Like now. Take her out to the movies or to dinner or something," I offered.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to stop thinking of you," He muttered.

"Fuckhead! You said it was just a 'bodily' thing for you!"

"It is! Or was... I don't know!'

"Have you slept with Roslyn?" I asked, suddenly realizing I had never asked him that before.

"No. She doesn't want to yet."

"Oh, good. That'd be gross. It would be like I'm indirectly sleeping with my sister," I mumbled, kind of talking to myself.

"Okay, pay attention to the matter at hand, Alba," He begged, exasperated.

"Stay away from me for the rest of the week. If it gets better, good. If it doesn't, we'll think of something else. Now, I need to go eat my lunch. 'Bye," I sighed and hurried back over to my friends.

Truthfully, I was pissed at him. I didn't want anything to come from us sleeping together, but this is what happens when I'm an idiot and think with my vagina instead of my head. I should have known that was a bad idea in the first place.

**

"It got worse," Broden sighed, leaning his head against the brick wall of the school. A week and a half had passed since I last talked to him, and this was the wonderful news he was giving me.

"So break up with Roslyn," I told him, knowing it was the only thing for him to do at this point.

"And do what? Go out with you?"

"God, no! It's just not right that you stay with Roslyn when you can't stop thinking about someone else. It's not fair for her," I said.

He sighed and closed his eyes. "I don't want to break up with her."

"Do you still love her?"

He waited a few moments before he answered, "No."

"So break up with her."

"It's not that easy, Alba!" He yelled, pushing himself off the wall and pacing.

"Why not?"

"Because she'll want to know why! What would I say? 'Oh, yeah, I fucked your sister and now I can't stop thinking about her'?"

"Well, you could, but then I would be killed. Be truthful. Tell her you don't love her anymore. That you think of her more as a friend than anything else. Or, just say you cheated on her. There's only so much I can help you with, Broden."

"What happens to us when I break up with her?"

"Nothing. We can't be together," I told him.

"Why not?" He asked, trapping me against the wall between his arms.

"Just because," I muttered, looking down at his lips nervously.

He sighed and moved away from me, heading back towards the lunch patio. I watched him, desperately hoping he would do the right thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoah. Update.