You Belong With Me

Chapter 12

Kristen's POV:

"Yeah that place," Nat said with a smile. "By guyses," she waved, and her and Kevin walked off.

Nick and I were left. Alone.

My heart fluttered.

"So," he started. "Um, how have you been?"

A smile cracked on my face. "You already asked that."

"Oh," he said, his cheeks turning pink. "Sorry." He looked down at the floor.

"It's okay," I giggled. He looked up and half smiled at me. His eyes sparkled.

"I've missed hanging out with you," he smiled. Then he pretended to cough. "And, um, so does Joe and Kev," he said, trying to act casual.

"Oh," I said. "Yeah, I miss you guys too."

"Why don't you hang out with us anymore?"

I sighed. "Erm, don't get offended, but I really don't like your girlfriend."

He paused, thinking. I tried to read his expression, but I couldn't tell if he was happy, sad, or if he knew that was coming.

"Oh," was all he said. "Well...if you want to hang out sometime, we can ditch her..."

"Haha," I laughed. "No, you don't have to ditch her for me." Even though I really really want him to, I thought to myself.

"Good," he sighed, "because then she'd get so mad."

I almost laughed. "I'm glad you want to make her happy."

He sighed and looked at the ground. "I think I should tell you something...but only between you and I."

I looked at him curiously. "What is it?"

"Well..." he started. "I think Lola...well...er...how can I say this?" He paused, and stared at the floor. "Kristen, I think I love -"

"HEYY!" Joe screamed from behind me, interrupting Nick. I was about to burst from suspense, and Joe ruined it all! Grr.

"Hi, Joe..." I said cautiously, still looking at Nick. He looked rather uncomfortable.

"What's up?" He said, punching Nick playfully and poking me in the arm. "Where's Lola? She's always around you."

My heart broke in an instant. I just realized what Nick was about to tell me. He was going to tell me he loved Lola. He was going to break my heart, not that he knew it, but he was. He was going to tell me the truth.

I struggled to fight back the tears.

"Gotta go," I choked. Nick's eyes narrowed in pain, looking back at me as I walked away quickly. He knew he hurt me. I looked in front of me, running out of the auditorium again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kristen heree!
But my new middle name is Jenahfeir Lynn (made up by my friends Crystal and Paigee) <3
Haha okay well, thanks for reading!! Comments and subscribers are very much appreciated!
Go Nat go!! :D
<3