You Belong With Me

Chapter 21 Part 2

Part 2

The principal guided us to the lunch room, so I knew what we were going to do.

It was either clean up the kitchen or serve lunch.

And of course, he picked the worst one.

“Natalie serve lunch, Joseph you clean.” with that he left the lunch room, and everyone stared at him leaving, and then the noise returned.

“RAWR!!” I yelled when I put on the hairnet. “I hate the principal.”

“And you think I don't?” Joe asked and I glared at him.

“RAWR! I mad at you now,” I yelled.

“Cool.”

“Why are you here anyways?” I spat and he rolled his eyes.

“I got in trouble? The same reason you're here.”

“But what did you do?”

“What did you do?”

“RAWR. I punched Lily on the nose,” I stated proudly.

“Oh. Why?”

“She annoyed me. What about you?” I asked but he just chuckled.

“Let's just say I got the teacher mad with my bad language.”

“Gasp Joe! That isn't nice!” I yelled but except for pouting, I was smiling.

“I know, I'm bad like that.”

“Hehe, I know.” Oh man..that sounded like a flirt..

He smiled coming closer, I backed away accidentally stepping on a tray.

He shook his head and picked it up.

“Work time,” he whispered giving me the tray.

“Oh right.”

<><><>

Everything was running smoothly until Lola and Lily appeared in front of the line.

“Oh nice hairnet,” Lola joked and they both laughed. I just rolled my eyes.

“Nice nails, used a knife to sharpen them?” I asked sarcastically and they rolled their eyes.

“Um. My food? Where is it?” Lily asked and I laughed.

“Get it yourself.”

“Ahem, you are here for a reason.”

“Do you want me to punch your nose again?” I asked and she touched her nose and I smiled. “Yeah I kind of knew you were going to do that.”

“You're just lucky that I didn't punch you back,” she yelled and everyone in line became quiet.

“Ahaha, that's a little hard to believe knowing that you wouldn't even touch pencil with your manicured nails,” Joe said behind me, I turned around and noticed he was showing them his nails. I laughed and he put his arm around me.

“Ugh!” Lily shrieked walking dramatically out of the line, Lola following her.

“Next?” I asked and Joe smiled at me.

“You are one awesome girl.”

I giggled.

“Thank you. Your not bad yourself.”

{Kristen's P.O.V:}

I made it to music and arts class, but I didn't see Joe or Nat. So I thought they were still serving detention, alone..

I giggled at the thought. Nat's insides must be melting.

I saw Nick come from the door and I bit my lip. He waved and smiled at some people. He caught a glimpse of me, but I just smiled. He shook his head and I sighed.

This boy was annoying me now, why can't he just talk to me?!

“We're doing pairs again,” the teacher spoke. “Kristen and Nick. Lily and Lola..”

He said the rest of the names and Nick came next to me.

“Hi,” he mumbled.

“Hello.”