You Belong With Me

Chapter 23

Lily's P.O.V:

“Ugh, I can't believe Joe just walked up to Nat,” I stated flipping my hair.

“Yeah, same thing for me,” Lola said also flipping her hair.

“Ugh, and they're alone too.”

“No, they're with Dennis!” she yelled moving her hands around.

“I think we should go there,” I announced and she stared at me.

“Where?” she flipped her hair again.

“His office.”

“Ohh..but how?”

“Get in trouble duh, sometimes you can be so dumb,” I mumbled the last part, but she didn't hear it.

“What should we do?”

I knocked over the food stand and one of the teachers gasped.

“You two. Principal's office. NOW!” the teacher yelled and I smiled at Lola.

“Whoa that was easy,” she whispered taking some food from the floor and we started walking there.

Nat's P.O.V:

“I am so mad at you five. First Joe and Natalie -” he stopped when I started to talk.

“Call me Nat..” I started and he glared at me. “please.”

“Ugh, first Nat punched Lily in the nose, then Joe cursed out a teacher, and now a fight in the dance?! I'm very surprised at you though Dennis, you're the quarterback of the football team! I have never been this disappointed.”

“I'm sorry, I won't do it again,” Dennis lied.

I rolled my eyes and the principal lifted his eyebrows.

“Natalie, are you back sassing me?”

I wanted to laugh, but then I couldn't. There was an inside joke with Isabel and I about back sass.

“Hello?”

“Oh, uh, no. I'm not back sassing you, sir.”

Cough, yes I am, cough.

“Kristen, I'm surprised you would even fight with someone. You've been the best student this whole school has ever had.”

“I'm sorry,” she mumbled and he nodded.

“Nick. I always thought you'll end up like your brother,” he shook his head, then looked at Joe.

“And Joe, why did you get your brother into this fight?”

“I didn't start it!” Joe yelled and I looked at him for the first time. He was only looking at me.

“Then who did?”

No one answered.

“Or do you all want detention?” he asked and I sighed.

“The person isn't going to answer,” I mumbled moving my head to the person. “Isn't that right Dennis?”

“Dennis you started this fight?” the principal asked getting up.

Dennis clenched his fist, his fingers cracking. “Did not. Sir, I would never start such a violent act. You know me.”

“Ah, true,” the principal sighed, sitting down. “I'm sorry for accusing you.”

“What?!” I shouted, but then covered my mouth.

“So, Natalie, you did this?” the principal asked, turning to me.

“Dennis did!” I retaliated.

“Dennis would never do such a thing!”

“Wanna bet?” Kristen interrupted, cocking her eyebrow.

“It was my fault,” Nick said softly.

What?! I wanted to scream. But I kept my mouth shut.

“Mister Nicholas?” the principal said, shocked.

“No, I did!” Kristen interrupted again, leaving Nick's mouth hung open, about to say something.

“Kristen?”

“No, it was me!” Joe said, taking the blame.

Ohhhhhhh, I get it....

“Joseph?” he asked, turning around.

“Nos, I started it!” I exclaimed.

We all held in our laughter.

“Well then all four of you will be in big trouble. As soon as I think of a punishment, you will all just have to stay in my office. Dennis, you are free to go with a warning.”

“Thanks, dude!” he exclaimed, jumping up, and turning around to give Kristen and Nick the finger.

What a jerk.

Suddenly some old lady walked in. “We have two more troublemakers for you.”

“Bring them in,” he sighed.

In walked the two most wretched pink things on the planet: Lola and Lily.

Lola came over and squeezed herself between Kristen and Nick, and Lily made her way in between me and Joe. Kristen and I squished together since there was no more room. Grr.

“I'll deal with you two later, I need an Advil,” the principal stated, walking out of the room with his hand on his forehead.

Ugh..

Kristen's POV:

“Nicky, I thought I was your girl?” Lola said, pushing her face in Nick's. I almost barfed.

“Was,” he restated, not looking towards anyone. I saw a weak smile form on his face, and a smile formed on mine too.

“Aren't I still?” she asked, making a pouty face.

“Nope,” he smiled, looking into her eyes. Then his eyes met mine. They were the most beautiful thing I'd seen since earlier today when his eyes met mine last.

He smiled, his teeth showing. And then my heart melted. “Come sit by me,” he said softly, holding out his hand in front of Lola, acting like she wasn't even there.

I took his hand, my face turning pink, and came around to sit on his other side. Then I frowned, looking down. “There's no room.”

Lola smirked.

“That's okay,” he said, pulling me down as I sat on his lap.

His lap...

Lola's eyes were green with envy. I almost laughed. Nick wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him. I laid my head in his chest, my forehead resting in the arc of his neck. Ahh. It felt good to be back in his arms.

Nat's POV:

“Joey, why'd you leave me, baby?” Lily asked, grabbing Joe's hand. But Joe continued to look at me, not paying any attention to Lily. I smiled at him. He smiled back.

Lily tilted her head to block our views of each other. “Joey?” she asked, leaning close to his face.

“You can't call me that,” he stated, smiling at her.

“I've been calling you that,” she frowned.

“Yeah, ever since Nat started calling me that!”

I smiled proudly, and Joe stood up and came on my other side, taking Kristen's old place. Where did she go anyway? Oh well...

Joe sat beside me and wrapped his arm around me shoulder, pulling me into a warm hug. Then he whispered something in my ear that made the hairs on my neck prickle.

“I love you, Natalie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Kristen hereee!
Okay Nat wrote the beginning of this chapter, and I wrote the restt :)
Next is my turn:):) Hahaha
Thanks to all readers / commenters / subscribers. We loveth youuu!!<3:)