You Belong With Me

Final chapter

Nat's P.O.V:

“Huh?” I asked and he chuckled.

“I love you,” he repeated and I let out a little giggle. I looked at Lily, she was freaking mad.

“You love who?!” she yelled getting up.

Right when she got up Phillip, the principal, came in.

“PHILLIP!!!” I yelled and he stared at me like I did something freaking dumb.

“Yes..?” he asked sitting back at his desk.

“I am truly sorry for what we have done. We didn't mean to do it. Dennis got us mad,” I stated and everyone stared at me.

“How did he get you mad?” he sighed not really caring.

“He slapped Kristen on the face,” I got up and pointed to her cheek where she had a scar. I winked at her when I noticed she was on Nicholas' lap.

“Seriously?”

“Yes. That's why we took the blame, we knew he wouldn't answer.”

“I'm sorry for accusing you all,” Phillip said and we all stared at him with some hope. “you all are free to go, now Lily and Lola, what did you two do?”

We all got up and left the office.

“WOO! FREEDOM!” I yelled jumping on Joe's back. “I love you Joe.”

“I love you too,” he said and I automatically felt butterflies.

“RUN DANGER RUN!!”

“I'M RUNNING!” he yelled going back to the dance.

We finally got back to the dance, and everyone was staring us.

“Uhh, I say we go somewhere else,” Joe said.

“How about the cafeteria!” I shouted, still on his back. “They have AWESOME food! Like cookies and stuff!”

“GAH YESS!” Joe shouted, carrying me to the cafeteria. I smiled to myself. We both knew we just wanted to be alone.

We went to the cafeteria, and Joe set me down on the table. He climbed up next to me. So much for the cookie idea. I didn't care about them anyway.

He grabbed my hand, and kissed the side of my head. “I finally have you back to myself,” he whispered.

I got major butterflies. “Yeah,” I answered, smiling. “No more Lily. Woo!”

He laughed. “I know! She was getting on my nerves. She freaked when she figured out I was using her tonight to make you jealou --” he stopped mid-sentence, his face turning pale.

A large grin spread across my face. “You were trying to make me jealous!”

“Was not.”

“Was too. You just said so!”

“Was not.”

“Was too.”

“WAS NOT.”

I laughed, and pressed my lips to his. Then I pulled away slowly. “Was too,” I whispered.

“Who said you could stop?” he mumbled, pressing his lips back to mine. I smiled against his lips. It felt good to have him back.

---

Kristen's POV:

“I can't believe we're out!” I heard Nick say ecstatically as he pulled me by my hand quickly out of the office. He spun around to look into my eyes, showing how excited he was, and pulled me into a warm hug. I hugged him back, a grin spreading across my face. This had to be the best day ever.

He let go, and we just kind of stood there in the middle of the hallway, staring into each other's eyes. He smiled a wide smile, one of the only times I saw his teeth showing, just out of pure happiness. Suddenly, I frowned, looking at the ground. “Why did you try to protect me?”

Okay, okay, yes I was leading him on. I knew he was going to say it, and I knew he felt it. I just wanted to hear him say it. Who doesn't want to hear their sweetheart say those precious words?

Their sweetheart. No one else's.

“Because,” he started, holding onto my hands gently, “I...I love you, Kristen.”

A smile spread across my face. Now it was the best day ever.

I bit my lower lip, and looked up at him as he smiled. Quickly and without thinking, I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek. He looked at me, shocked, his face turning pink. My heart almost stopped, worried. Did I do something wrong? Was I not supposed to do that?

Suddenly, another smile spread across his face, his teeth showing again. I sighed in relief. Thank you, God.

“You missed,” he breathed. And he leaned down and his soft lips touched mine.

I kissed him back for about two seconds, then laughed, breaking the kiss.

“What?” he asked, shrugging.

“You totally stole that from Elf,” I giggled.

He shrugged again. “Psh, so? It's a good line,” he added softly.

I laughed again, and pressed my lips back to his. It felt good to have Nicholas back to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nat and I would like to thank you all for reading, staying updated, and commenting! This was sooo much fun to write! I think we'll be making a sequel soon:)
Thank you all soooo much again! We love you all!:):)