You Belong With Me

Chapter 6

Kristen's POV:

We walked to Nat's house, skipping. We were so excited for the karaoke tonight. Talent show was tomorrow, but tonight we had to focus on the singing.

She led Kevin and I to her room. It was decorated with Jonas posters and instruments. It was huge!

"Woah," I breathed. "This...is...amazing."

Kevin chuckled. "I've seen cooler."

Nat punched him the arm, playfully. "Nos, that doesn't count," she smiled.

We walked over to her computer, and she found the song, The Best Day, on YouTube. She paused before she played it.

"You guys promise to tell me the honest truth about my voice?" She asked. We both nodded. She played the song, and stood in front of us ready to sing.

She started to sing. She was exactly on key - it was amazing!

While she was singing, I started to get tears in my eyes. Her dad was the coolest dad you'd ever meet. She held so much emotion in her words, I felt her pain. I missed her dad, no doubt about it, but I almost felt like I was feeling her pain. A daughter's pain.

Soon later, the song was over. "What did you think?" Nat asked slowly.

I was speechless.

"Amazing!" Kevin said excitedly. "Totally amazing! You'll blow Lily off the stage!"

"I agree," I said softly, still blown away, myself.

She smiled bright.

***

We practiced a little more, and Nat also practiced her accent. Kevin got her her wig, and she practiced some more. We finally figured we were ready.

We walked to the school that night - me, Nat & Kevin. When we got there, Kevin met up with Danielle, and Nat and I stayed behind, walking slowly to the auditorium.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked.

"Positive," she said, taking a deep breath.

"You'll do great," I promised, giving her a huge hug.

Suddenly, as if to ruin the moment, three guesses who showed up.

"Break a leg tonight," Lily sneered. "Seriously."

Nat glared at her.

Joe walked up behind Lily, placing a hand around her waist. His eyes met Nat's, and I saw all the anger Nat just felt disappear.

"Hey," he said quietly. "Sorry to interrupt."

"It's fine," Nat replied, ignoring Lily's glaring eyes.

"Good luck tonight," he smiled. Nat's eyes lit up.

Lily tugged on his shirt, in an attempt to distract him. It worked. She pointed to her cheek, and he kissed it. Gag.

Suddenly, Nick walked up behind Joe. "Hey, Joe, I found us some seats - " he started. Suddenly, his eyes flashed to mine. My heart fluttered. "Oh," he said, lookign towards me, "hi."

"Hi," I smiled.

"Good luck tonight, Nat," he said, looking towards her.

She smiled and said, "Thanks," only taking her eyes from Joe for a mere moment.

Nick's eyes flashed back to mine.

Then, as if things couldn't get worse, Lola showed up behind Nick, grabbing his arm. "Nick, let's go," she said, then she noticed us. "What are you doing talking to them?"

He stared at her, not knowing what to say. "Um, talking?"

"Well don't," she insisted, tugging his arm.

"He can talk to whoever he wants to talk to," Nat retaliated.

"Not if I say so," she sneered.

Nick's face fell. My heart sunk.

"Nos," Nat said back. "You're not the boss of him."

"Yes," she said, "I am."

She pulled Nick one last time, and he followed. Lily and Joe followed them, and it was just us two again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo!
Kristen here :D
Thanks for reading! Comments & subscribers are very welcome :)
Go Nat go!!! :D