You Belong With Me

Chapter 8

Kristen's POV:

I smiled at Nat - I mean Hayley - expectantly, and pulled Kevin away from the two lovebirds. She shot a quick smile back, and her eyes returned to Joe's.

"Oooh," Kevin smirked. "Nat's got a boyfriend."

I smirked at Kevin. "You know she will."

I looked back at Joe and Nat. They were talking - smiling at each other. God, I hoped she remembered to use her accent!

Kevin suddenly pulled me aside.

"I got you a costume, too," he said with a wink. "It's in my car, I'll give it to you tomorrow."

I nodded. "Hold on," I said, a new thought rushing through my mind. "What color is my hair?"

He sighed. "Is this relevant?"

"Yes, it is very relevant. And necessary. Now tell me."

"Purple," he smiled. I rolled my eyes.

"No, really."

"Black," he laughed. "With purple streaks. I wasn't kidding, you know."

"AWESOME!" I shouted. "Purple streaks!!"

Suddenly, two gorgeous chocolate eyes shot towards me. I felt the color rush to my cheeks, and I smiled awkwardly. God, I hope I don't look like an idiot, I thought to myself.

Luckily, he smiled back.

Suddenly, the she-devil appeared beside him, glaring at me. She pulled his face away, unlocking his eyes from mine, and kissed him passionately. OR her way of passionate. To me it was gag.

Kevin looked at me sympathetically. "Do you want me to talk to him?"

I sighed. "What can you say? If he doesn't like me, he doesn't like me."

Kevin sighed. "I probably shouldn't tell you this...no, I really shouldn't tell you this...but..." He paused, and took a deep breath. "Nick...well...he says he...loves...Lola."

My heart broke. I felt the tears coming fast.

He sighed. "I knew I shouldn't have told you. I'm so stupid!"

"No," I choked. "What's done is done. Thanks for letting me know."

Before he could respond, I dashed out of the auditorium, catching Nick's amazing scent along the way. It made the tears come faster. I ran to the exit, and looked back quickly. I saw two chocolate eyes staring back at me, in sorrow. I let a tear slip down my cheek, and ran out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kristen here!!
:D
Thanks so much for reading! Also a special thanks to Eclair121292 our second commenter!! :D Thanks again!
Go Nat go!! :D