Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Shine On

The small kid got into the car with a smile on his face. He smiled at me as he buckled his seat belt but turned his attention towards Ryan again.
"Ryan, who's this?"He asked.
"Billy this is Sylar, Sylar this is Billy."
"Hey kid,"I smiled at him.
"Wait you're Sylar Caine?"His eyes went wide at me as I turned to look at him.
"Yeah, that's me."
"The Sylar Caine, pro fmx rider?"
"Yup,'I laughed,"And Horatio Caine's daughter."
"I love you,"He smiled at me.
"Well thank you,"I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.
"That crash you took looked pretty bad,"He looked at me.
"It's not that bad,"I smiled at him,"Just my ankle and a few bruises."
"So how come you're in Miami?"
"I'm working with the Crime Lab now,"I looked at him,"It's good to have a back up plan."
"So are you Ryan's girlfriend?"
"Billy,"Ryan warned as he looked at him in the rearview mirror.
"Well,"I looked at Ryan than smiled back towards Billy,"Don't tell him but I'm waiting for him to ask me."
"Ryan ask her,"Billy teased him back.
"That kid's going to get me in trouble,"Ryan shook his head.
"Yeah Ryan,"I smirked at him,"Ask me."
"Fine,"He sighed looking at me,"Sylar, will you be my girlfriend officially?"
"Sure,"I smirked at him as Billy let out a small laugh.

We pulled up in the school parking lot as Ryan stopped to let Billy to get out of the car. Waving goodbye to him, Ryan's phone rang which was calling him to a murder this early in the morning before his shift started. As Ryan drove to the crime scene, I looked at him with a smile on my face.
"So do you mean it?"
"What?"Ryan looked at me out of the corner of his eye.
"Am I your girlfriend now?"I smirked.
"If you don't mind,"He shrugged.
"No, it just makes things easier to explain. Just now we'll have to tell H."
"Ah man, I was hoping you didn't say that,"He groaned.
"It's not that bad,"I smiled at him as I laced my fingers with his,"We'll give it a while first, don't have to rush into telling him these things."
"Thanks,"He smiled as he pulled up the crime scene.

Parking the car, I seen Calleigh, Eric, then the new corner, Tara walk out of car as Ryan looked at me.
"You wait here, ok?"
"Wow just leave me in the car,"I rolled my eyes.
"Technically you're not supposed to be here,"He kissed me quickly,"Wait by the car, ok?"
"Ok,"I smiled lightly as he got out of the car and I opened the door to lean against the side of the car.

Watching them process the crime scene, Horatio walked up to me as I stood there watching them.
"Good morning Ma'am,"He took off his sunglasses.
"Dad, do you really have to call me, ma'am?"I rolled my eyes at him.
"Aren't you supposed to be resting?"
"Ryan said I could come into the lab,"I looked at him,"I promise, no field work right now. I just need something to do to keep from going insane."
"No field work,"He nodded at me.
"I got it,"I smiled,"Maybe I can help out Jake?"
"We'll talk when we get back to the lab."
"Thank you,"I smiled as he nodded to go walk towards the crime scene where something was happening at.

Finally gettting to the lab, I started to work on some evidence with Natalia which wasn't so bad for the time being, then Jake walked into the lab.
"Hey Jake,"Natalia smiled.
"Hey,"He nodded then looked at me,"Get your crutches, you're coming with me."
"Seriously?"I asked looking at him.
"Yeah,"He smiled,"Horatio's letting you work with me for now, I'll take you to lunch too."
"Thank you,"I smiled at him.
Walking out the door with Jake, I waved at Ryan who nodded back as he stood next to Eric.

"What's he got that draws girls to him?"Ryan asked Eric.
"Jake?"Eric shrugged,"No clue. Why you jealous?"
"No."
"She doesn't like him,"Eric laughed as he turned to look at Ryan,"He's just her best friend."