Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Can't Cry Anymore

Sitting there, tapping my leg and trying to keep my mind occuppied while I waited on test results in the chair. I told Horatio that I had to take care of something really quick this morning and he didn't say anything else. So there I was, freaked out about what was going on with me, when I heard Alexx approach me.
"Sweetie, are you ok?"
"Sorta,"I shrugged.
"Eric told me about what was happening this morning."
"Yeah,"I sighed resting my head on my head.
"So have you found out yet?"
"No,"I looked at her,"I'm still waiting on the test results."
"Want me to wait with you?"Alexx smiled at me lightly.
"I don't want to keep you from work,"I smiled lightly at her.
"Hunny, if you send me back there I'll only be worried about you."
"Thanks Alexx,"I smiled bigger as I settled back into the chair.

"Ms. Caine?"The doctor said as he handed me a piece of paper and I took it to sit back down. Looking over the results, it narrowed out almost everything, except the fact that I was iron deficant. Sighing, I took a deep breath, half relived that I wasn't pregant.
"Is everything ok?"asked Alexx.
"Yeah,"I smiled at her,"Well I'm iron deficant now, not sure how that'll make me all dizzy but at least I'm not pregant."
"You thought you were pregant?"Alexx raised an eyebrow at me.
"For a second,"I shrugged.
"Ryan?"
"Yeah,"I sighed,"But I'm not, so I guess that's a good thing right?"
"It could be sweetheart,"She smiled as I stood back up to hug her.
"I mean I wasn't ready for that responsibilty yet, so I guess it is,"I smiled at her as I took out my phone to see it was 11 now.
"Of course,"She smiled,"But if you ever need to talk to someone, you know where to find me."
"Thanks,"I smiled,"I'll talk to you later."
"And make sure you keep that boy of yours in check,"Alexx warned as I walked towards the door.

Heading back to the crime lab, people watched me, giving me strange looks which freaked me out but I guess I did scare everyone or something. Checking back in Horatio happened to be in the same area as he walked up to me.
"Are you feeling better?"
"A bit,"I sighed,"I just have to be a little more cautious since I'm iron deficant."
"Ok, Natalia is waiting for you in trace,"He nodded.
"Alright,"I headed to the elevator which I took up to the floor I needed.
Yeah, I was so glad to get this thing off my leg tomorrow evening since I refused to use crutches anyone, but I walked like a damn pirate with a peg leg...it seriously wasn't fun. Finally getting to the room with Natalia, she smiled at me.

"You had Ryan worried,"She smirked at me.
"I know,"I sighed,"But things are better now so he doesn't have to worry about me now."
"Better as in what?"
"Iron deficiant,"I shrugged,"Nothing I can't handle alone."
"Still, it was actually cute how worried he was about you."
"I bet it was,"I smirked at her,"So back to evidence."
"I knew you'd say that,"She laughed.

After a grueling couple hours, going through evidence, it was finally lunch and I was glad since I was starved, not to mention I hadn't talked to Ryan in a while. Seeing Ryan standing by the Hummer which meant I was heading to a crime scene after lunch with him, I walked up to him with a smile.
"There's limpy,"He smirked.
"Don't make me hurt you,"I glared as I slid my sunglasses over my eyes.
"You know that so just made you look exactly like your dad."
"And that's strike two,"I rolled my eyes at him as I stood in front of him.
"I'm sorry,"He smiled wider at me,"I'll make it up to you."
"You'll let me drive home tomorrow?"I smiled hoping he'd give into it.
"Fine,"He rolled his eyes,"Not what I had in mind but still."
"Hey,"I climbed into the Hummer as he stood outside,"Don't work on strike 3."
"What happens at strike 3?"
"Who knows?"I shrugged,"No one's pushed me that far. Now get in, I'm starved."

The resturant was nice, it was outdoors and on a day like today, I just wanted to be outside anyways. I slowly stirred my berry milkshake as I sat across from Ryan just watching him.
"What?"
"Nothing,"I shrugged as I took a sip off the straw,"I was just wondering."
"Wondering what?"He raised an eyebrow at me.
"Would you ever want to have kids?"
"I don't know,"He leant back in his chair to look at me,"Maybe in the future but right now I'm just so busy with everything. Are you trying to tell me something?"
"No,"I shook my head but almost choking on the milkshake,"It was just a thought."
"What about you?"
"I don't know, I mean maybe but I don't know if I could handle that sort of responsbility right now."
"I get what you mean."
"So what happened this morning,"I looked at him,"It's only fair since I told you what was up with me."
"A friend,"He looked off,"He made some stupid decisions and got me involved in something that he shouldn't of."
"And?"
"And what?"
"Stop hiding things from me,"I looked at him,"If you want this thing to work, you've got to be completely honest with me too."
"I don't want to worry you."
"Ryan, the Russian mob is trying to get to me, I can take it."
"You're not the only one now,"He sighed while looking at me.
"Don't worry,"I smiled at him lightly,"It's going to take more than that for them to get to us."
"See and now you're even starting to sound like Horatio,"He smirked across the table at me.