Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Stay With Me

"Hey, relax, Horatio's got it under control,"Ryan whispered putting his arm around my shoulders.
"You don't get it,"I looked at him,"That womane's worse than Julia. Hell she makes Julia look like the perfect mom."
"He can handle it,"Ryan kissed my head,"We can go talk about it instead if you want."
"No,"I smiled at him lightly,"I'm fine. Just stay here."
I rested my head on his shoulder while watching the movie with him, not that I was paying attention to it really since I had this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was about to happen. By the end of the movie, I was brought back to reality when I seen the credits roll and Ryan pull on my arm lightly. It was still unbelievable how sweet he was when I had a rough time. I wasn't used to it, I mean all the time something's gone bad or something, it's just been me dealing with it but now for once in my crazy life, I could open up to him.
We finally got home around 9 which I was glad to be back at his house at least. I mean my home, is wherever the road takes me, scratch that, this feels like home now. Slowly I took off my jacket to hang it up on the coat rack as Ryan watched me.

"What is there something on my face?"I looked back at him worried there was.
"No, you're just amazing,"He smiled at me.
"Yeah,"I rolled my eyes,"So amazing."
"You are,"He moved closer to me,"I mean before I met you, I wasn't sure what I was doing, now everything makes sense."
"How do you know I won't kill you?"I smirked at him,"To be fair we haven't known each other that long."
"Because if you were to, you would've done it already,"He laughed moving his arms around my waist to look down at me,"I'm being serious though."
"Ok,"I smiled to look down than back up at him,"Then be serious."
"I know you're Horatio's daughter but that doesn't matter to me. It's like everytime I see you, my heart beats faster and I don't know what to say."
"But you always do,"I smiled at him.
"You give me hope when things are going bad."
"Ryan, what are you trying to say?"I looked up at him as I searched his eyes for a second.
"I love you,"He looked down at me.
"You what?"
"Love you."
I smiled inside screaming to myself since I haven't heard those words in so long but wasn't sure how to say them back, I felt him sigh which I knew could end badly but I didn't want it to.
"It's ok, I know it's too soon-"
"No,"I lifted his chin up to look at me,"It's not too soon, it's just I haven't heard those words in forever."
"And?"
"And,"I smiled at him,"I love you too."
"Seriously?"
"Duh,"I laughed,"Now stop being so down and kiss me."

Ryan smiled into the kiss then lead me to his room. The next morning, we both got up to head to work. And yes we could keep it professional since only a few people knew about it, mainly the ones close to us and the promised to keep it a secret.

"Sylar,"Horatio walked up to me.
"Yeah H?"
"This is your chance to show me what you've learned, you're heading out to the scene."
"Wait? Alone?"I asked looking at him.
"Yes,"He nodded,"Think you can handle it?"
"Think I can handle it?"I smirked,"H, it's me you're talking to."
"Ok, just be careful,"He smiled lightly as I left.

Driving to the crime scene, it was pretty empty just a few cops around but they were leaving soon. I was busy taking pictures of the scene and collecting evidence when I heard something behind me. Stopping, I slowly stood up to turn to face the sound. Seeing no one behind me, I took one last look to see no one, then that's when it happened. Someone grabbed me from behind holding my mouth shut which I luckily bit their hand but they hit me causing me to fall to the ground.