Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

What Will Happen Next?

After the longest questioning of my life, I swear it felt like I should've been on the other side of law or something but I finally got to come back home. My side hurt like hell but I was about to let it show, that and I had to change the bandages again.
"Hey, I'm going to go get some lunch, you want anything?"Ryan asked as I made my way to the bathroom.
"Just whatever,"I shrugged looking at myself in the mirror,"Doesn't matter."
"Alright, I'll be only a half an hour and I've got my phone if you need anything."
"I'll be fine,"I smiled as I shut the door behind me.
Pulling up the shirt to slowly take off the old bandage, I wince since it stuck to the skin and was black around the carving. It was probably the worst one out of everything which I hated them for doing. Slowly letting a few tears slip out of my eyes before I re-bandage my side, I had to push them back since I couldn't let it get to me. If I did, then the next thing I know is I'll be out for blood and I didn't want to turn into that person.

As I made my way back to the couch to slowly sit down, it was at that time that Ryan came back with lunch which I smiled lightly at. How was I going to keep this a secret from him? It seemed harder than what it should or should I just tell him? I just couldn't seem to get my mind around the idea of telling him that I had got hurt that bad, I didn't want him to worry.
"Sylar, you ok?"He asked looking at me as he sat down.
"Yeah,"I smiled lightly,"I'm fine, I wish people would stop asking that."
"Well you were help captive for 2 hours."
"It's fine Ryan,"I smiled as I settled back into the couch,"I knew people were on their way to help me."
"You're not going to wake up in the middle of the night and hurt me are you?"He smirked.
"No,"I laughed,"Just I'm frustrated, anger, and a little sore."
"So is it wrong to tell you that I'm kinda turned on that you took all that?"
"You're turned on by me being bloodied and bruised?"I smirked while eating.
"Well not that, just the whole being able to take that much pain."
"It can be,"I smired at him,"But I must be weird since I think that's a good thing."
"Whoa, seriously?"
"Yes,"I smiled,"But lunch, I'm starved."

As I cleaned up the living room to throw trash away in his kitchen, Ryan cornered me against the wall as he leant down to kiss me.
"I see someone can only think one way,"I smirked as I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"Told you."
"You're bad,"I smiled before kissing him again. The kiss deepened as his hands wondered down my side which I felt my heart racing since then he would know, that and I knew how much pain would come from touching the wound. He started to kiss my neck as his hands slowly moved up by shirt but I jumped up and let out a cry of pain.
"I'm sorry,"Ryan looked at me,"I didn't mean to."
"No, it's not your fault,"I looked at him.
"I can stop."
"No, don't,"I played with his hair,"It's ok."
Ryan's hands moved back to where they were and I had a hard time keeping back the whimper which he knew then stopped again.
"Sylar,"Ryan looked at me,"What's wrong with your side?"
"Nothing, just a bruise,"I shrugged as he backed away from me to lift up my shirt to see the bandage.
"That's not a bruise."
"Ryan, it's nothing ok,"I watched as he crossed his arms at me and I walked off.
"It's not nothing."
"Don't worry about it,"I walked towards his room to get the first aid kit out then shut the door behind me but his foot stopped the door.
"Did they do this?"
I didn't pay attention to him as he stopped me from doing what I was doing to look me in the eyes.
"Show me."
"Don't,"I my heart and mind raced as I tried to avoid it,"Please."
"Show it to me,"He took my hand in his slowly kissing it while watching me,"Nothing bad will happen."
Sighing, I slowly pulled off the tape then the gauze that were there but before turning to show it to Ryan, I put my shirt back down to which he moved up to see them.
"Oh my god,"He mumbled as he looked at them and I could feel the tears in my eyes.
"I'm sorry."
"Sorry? This isn't your fault,"Ryan stood back up,"You do anything to get these."
"But now they're there and it's going to be an obstacle-"
"I said I love you,"Ryan smiled at me while locking eye contact,"This doesn't change anything."
"I love so much,"I threw my arms around him as he pulled me out of the bathroom to sit on his bed.

My head rested on his chest as he played with my hair as we sat there for a while.
"I just kept thinking why me,"I mumbled as I held onto him.
"You're safe now."
"I know, they said they were making me pay for what my mom did, I don't even know what she did."
"I won't let them hurt you again."
"I don't think they thought I was that strong,"I smiled lightly listening to his heartbeat,"I think they thought I'd crack."
"You're a good person,"He kissed the top of my head,"I'm just lucky you're back. If you would've died, I don't know what I'd do."

Over the next week, the worst of my ordeal was over. The worst meaning, the bruises on my face were gone as well as the scratch and those guys were put away. The stupid carving was still in my side but wasn't as bad on pain anymore. Still it hurt but I could deal with it. Eric had been treating me like a little sister now which was almost strange but he was the only one who seen me like that, the worst and that was something that changed us both. As for my mom? No clue, I had no idea what happened to her, it's like she just disappeared, I know she wasn't dead since well she always seemed to get out of things like that.

I was even back at the track racing now which got rid of all my anger that I'd get towards those guys and everything. Needless to say it cleared my head and kept me sane. Anyway, today I was just going through evidence in the lab since there wasn't much in the field to do while listening to my Ipod which happened to be on The Offsprings "I Want You Bad" as I worked. That's when Ryan walked down the hall and I couldn't help but stare as the song played and he passed.
"Day dreaming again?"asked Valara as she walked back in the lab.
"No,"I blushed.
"The whole lab is talking about you and Ryan,"She smiled.
"Look, I know Stetler has it out for us but we're professional about it."
"I know,"She shrugged,"Not to mention your dad's good at keeping him off your case."
"Thank god,"I laughed as was handed some more evidence by her.
"Just if you drooled anymore, I might have to waterproof the evidence."
"Shut up,"I blushed and rolled my eyes at her.
"What are you thinking about that has you day dreaming that bad?"
"Do you really want to know?"I smirked as I looked at the evidence.
"Sorry I asked,"She went back to the computer.

I laughed as I went back to what I was doing when Ryan walked into the lab to talk to Valera. I still wasn't paying much attention or trying to seem like I was paying attention until Valera tapped me on the shoulder than pointed to Ryan.
"Yes?"I smiled at him.
"Sorry to pull you from your world but I need to borrow you for a second."
"Ok sure,"I shrugged as I followed him out of the lab to the Hummer,"Ok, Wolfe why bring me here?"
"Wolfe, I like that sound of that,"He smirked as opened the door,"Get in."
"Why?"
"Because you have to come with to head back to the club."
"Oh joy,"I rolled my eyes as I got in with him and turned on the radio.

"What did you think I was going to say?"Ryan looked at me as he drove down the street.
"Nothing,"I shrugged,"My mind's technically not all here right now."
"Then where is it?"
"I can't tell you that,"I smirked,"I believe that's classified under "sexual harassment" so yeah."
"I won't tell."
"Ryan,"I rolled my eyes,"We're working."
"For another 3 hours,"He reminded me.
"See, that's a long time to put my thoughts out into the open."
"Oh and we have to pick up Billy."
"We, who's this "we" you keep talking about?"I smirked at him,"I have to go to the track again."
"Do you really?"
"Well yeah,"I turned my head to look at him while sinking into the chair,"It is my second job."
"Cancel."
"You're asking me to cancel my passion for what?"
"Things I'm not allowed to say right now."
I smirked at the thought for a second,"It's going to take more than that to convince me."
"How much?"
"Depends,"I shrugged looking at him,"Give me one reason that'll make me change my mind."
"Ok,"He sighed while looking out the window,"You know how we usually eat dinner-"
"Yeah, people eat Ryan,"I laughed.
"I was going to say, when we get home, there'll be no time for that."

Ryan stopped the car as he got out giving me a smile and wink as I sat there speechless for a second.
"You getting out?"Ryan asked.
"Yeah,"I shook my head as I climbed out of the Hummer.
"So, did I change your mind?"He smirked.
"That's something you'll just have to figure out,"I smirked as we walked towards the club entrance.