Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

You Love Me But You Don't Know Who I Am

I called off "sick" this morning from work, truth is, I wasn't. I just didn't want to go into work since I've been neglecting my bike so much, I just wanted time with it. Ryan told me he was on a case with Calleigh this morning through text since I guess I was a better actress than I thought I was since I think he seriously thought I wasn't feeling good. I sat out at the track, looking at the FMX course that had been laid out watching it, laying out what I was going to do. Sliding my helmet over my eyes, I started my bike to head onto the course. As I took to the dirt, I started off small, then moved up to start flipping again. I don't know how long I had been there since when I stopped I seen Caleb and Kyle standing at the fence line.
Pulling up to them, I slide off my helmet as Kyle handed me some water.
"What are you guys doing here?"
"We were bored,"Kyle shrugged,"Dad said you were sick but I know better."
"You haven't known me that long,"I laughed looking at them.
"He's right though,"Caleb smirked.
"I just needed some time alone."
"Yeah well Ryan still thinks you're sick. Do you like lying to him or something?"
"I don't mean to do it,"I looked at him as I handed him the water bottle,"I guess I'm still not used to having someone around like that."
"He's been calling you,"Ryan pointed to my phone.
"Ok, um can you guys put my bike away and then we'll go do something?"
"Sure,"They nodded as I headed to my phone to see that Ryan had sent me like a million texts then called 5 times.
I slowly dialed his number waiting for him to answer which it just went to voicemail,"Ryan, hey, sorry I didn't get your call. Call me back when you get a chance."

Hanging up, Kyle and Caleb walked back up to me as I took off my gloves,"Smoothies?"
"How about lunch on you?"Kyle smirked as I ruffled his hair,"Ow."
"Fine,"I smiled at them.

As we were at a food court, just eating, me drinking mainly a smoothie, my phone rang again.
"Hello?"
"Sylar, there are you,"Ryan rushed out,"Why aren't you at home?"
"I'll explain it later,"I twirled my hair,"What's up?"
"It's Calleigh, we were at a crime scene when in went up in flames."
"Are you guys ok?"
"I am,"He sighed I knew he was running a hand through his hair,"Calleigh's in the hopsital though."
"I'll be right there."

Hanging up the phone, I looked at Kyle and Caleb who looked at me for a second since I guess I looked pale.
"What's wrong?"
"Change of plans,"I stood up,"I'll drop you guys off somewhere safe, I need to get to the hospital."
"We could go to the track,"Kyle suggested.
"Nothing dangerous, promise me that,"I looked at them both.
"We won't,"They nodded.
"Ok,"I got up then took them back to the track in which I then headed to the hospital.
Getting the room number Calleigh was in, I rushed up the stairs since they moved faster than the elevator then to her room. As I got there, I seen Eric sitting next to Calleigh who was laying in the bed hooked up to machines.

"Calleigh?"I walked slowly over to her which she was asleep,"How is she?"
"I guess better,"Eric shrugged.
"I should've came into work today,"I crossed my arms around myself.
"You couldn't of stopped it,"Eric looked at me.
"But-"
"It's ok,"Eric smiled lightly,"Don't blame yourself ok?"
"Ok."
"Ryan's out in the lobby waiting for you."
"I should stay here-"
"I'll be here,"Eric smiled at me,'Go and talk to him."
"Tell me if anything happens."

I left the room to head down to the lobby where Ryan was sitting in a chair watching the TV screen as I slowly made my way over to him.
"Ryan?"
"I thought you were sick,"Ryan stood up at me.
"Can we not do this here?"
"Fine by me,"Ryan walked outside as I followed him taking a deep breath.
"Look, I know I technically lied to you about not feeling good-"
"Do you know how that makes me look? Here I was thinking you're coming down with something and you're not even home. Where were you?"
"The track,"I looked at him slowly.
"The track?"
"Yes Ryan, the track,"I sent a cold glare at him,"Or have you forgot that I race for a living?"
"I don't know what to believe anymore?"
"Oh my god, Ryan, you're acting like you've never lied before in your life."
"It's not important."
"Ryan, I'm not glass, I can take care of myself."
"Oh you can, can you?"
"You know what I mean,"I rolled my eyes.
"Do I?"
"Ryan, you're being stupid."
"Stupid?"He raised an eyebrow at me,"Anything else you would like to add right now?"
"Yes,"I sighed looking at him,"This is pointless."
"So, pointless, stupid, and apparentely over protection,"Ryan nodded,"Fine, I'll stop all of them."
"Ryan, come on think about it-"
"Don't talk to me,"Ryan shrugged me off as he walked off which I let out a growl since I was pissed that yet again, I seemed to be the one causing the fight.

Just now, there was another reason that I couldn't have him walk out, the one reason that I decided to call off from work today, a reason that was so mind blowing to me that I just needed a morning all to myself.