Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Live a Lie

"Jake, can I stay here for a while?"I asked while standing in his doorway.
"Why? I thought everything was sunshine and rainbows with you and Wolfe?"
"Yeah,"I looked down,"Can we not talk about him right now?"
"Oh,"He nodded letting me in,"You ok?"
"I'll be fine,"I sat on his couch,"Thanks."
"Don't mention it,"He smiled sitting next to me,"How long?"
"Until he stops being stupid,"I played with my fingers.
"So I heard you were sick-"
"I wasn't really,"I shrugged,"I just wasn't feeling good this morning."
"I'm confused."
"I don't know,"I sighed,"It's not my iron deficancy since I've kept that in check, it's just I woke up and felt like hell then now I'm feeling better."
"Maybe it's one too many flips in the air,"Jake smirked.
"Funny,"I shoved him lightly.
"Are you sure you're ok?"
"I guess, then the whole Calleigh thing,"I leant back in his couch,"I need to head back to work but that little blow out with Ryan-"
"So work with Natalia,"He shrugged,"It's not like Horatio will stop you from working with her."
"You're right,"I smiled,"Hey, I'm going to go get some stuff from the house and I'll be right back."
"Ok,"He stood up with me to hand me a key,"Just in case I need to go somewhere."
"Thanks,"I smiled at him as I headed out the door.

As I got my things from the house, I wrote a note to Ryan telling him that I'm staying with a friend until he stops being stupid, then headed back to Jake's house where I sat my bag in the living room. I headed back to the lab, passing by Ryan in the process and he didn't even look at me. As much as it hurt, I made my way over to Natalia who gave me a bright smile which is so what I needed right now.
"I see you're feeling better,"She smiled.
"A bit,"I shrugged.
"He'll come around,"He looked at some evidence,"Want to head out to the crime scene with me?"
"Sure?"I shrugged while following her out the door.

In the Hummer, she drove which I was starting to wonder why everyone drove me to crime scenes. Am I really that bad of a driver?
"I said are you ok?"Natalia asked me which brought me back to reality.
"Fine, just thinking why is everyone always driving me?"I smiled at her.
"Hey you can drive on the way back if you want?"
"Sounds good,"I smiled as we finally made it to the crime scene in which we collected all the evidence that we needed again.
As I was driving, I felt fatigued for a bit which Natalia noticed.
"Hey, if you ever need to talk about anything, you can talk to me, ok?"
"Thanks,"I smiled at her,"I think I'm just worn out from everything that's been happening lately."
"Have you heard from your mom lately?"
"No,"I turned the corner,"I guess that can be a good thing but then again, it's the Russian mob."
"Eric said there was a guy who was helping you-"
"Promise not to say anything?"
"Promise."
"Ok, so I don't know all the details,"I looked at her,"But apparently I've got a half brother in Italy, so I've got actual Italian mob protecting me."
"Damn, talk about mob child,"Natalia chuckled to herself.
"I know right? Then there's my dad-"
"And Eric you're sorta uncle in law,"She laughed.
"Hey let's not go there,"I looked at her,"It makes my family sound extremely screwed up. I mean sure H was married to Eric's sister but um, no let's not to there."
"Hey fine by me,"Natalia put her hands up.
"He is my guardian angel though, Eric I mean."
"Yeah thank god he found you."
"Yeah,"I smiled thinking of it again,"I owe him."

Finally after clocking out of work, I headed to Jake's house to which he wasn't home yet. A thing that I found very good since I sat on the edge of the tub looking at the stupid stick. There was no way, it couldn't be. I just sat there in shock when I heard the front door open and Jake say "Honey I'm home."
"Sylar?"
"Yeah, just a second,"I got up from my spot to dry my eyes then walk out of the bathroom.
"Hey,"Jake smiled at me,"I figured we could order a pizza, have a few drinks just like old times, what do you say?"
"Sure,"I tried my best to smile as I sat on a barstool next to him.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong,"I smiled but my eyes still felt watery,"Why do you think something's wrong?"
"Sy-"Jake looked at me,"I've known you too long to know when something's not."
"I'm fine,"I looked at him,"Don't worry about me."
"Is it the scars."
"No."
"Ryan?"
I nodded as I bit my lip and Jake pulled me into a hug,"You know you can talk to me about anything right?"
"I just need girl talk right now."
"Hey I can be girlie,"Jake smiled.
"I know you can,"I smiled at him wiping my eyes,"But I'm just not comfortable talking about this with you."
"I understand,"He nodded,"Tell you what, I'll go pick up something for dinner and it'll give you time alone, ok?"
"Thanks,"I hugged him one more tim,"I promise we can still hang out ok?"
"You better,"He smirked as he walked out the door.

Watching him leave, I took out my phone to call Natalia hoping that she would pick up.
"Hello?"
"Natalia, it's me, Sylar,"I rushed out.
"Hey, is everything ok?"
"No, I just need someone to talk to right now."
"Ok,"She nodded,"Do you want me to come over?"
"Um, it doesn't matter,"I shrugged.
"Well what's the situation?"
"I figured out why I wasn't feeling so good."
"You're at Jake's right?"
"Yeah."
"Give me ten minutes and I'll be over there to talk."
"Ok."

Sure enough, it was 10 minutes later when Natalia knocked on the door and I let her in. As we sat in the small kitchen area, I slowly sipped on my iced tea as she looked at me.
"So, it's Ryan's right?"
"Yeah,"I looked at her,"And I'm just so scared. I mean he's not talking to me right now and I don't know what to do. I feel like my whole career just came crashing down."
"Aw Sylar,"Natalia hugged me,"It's not crashing down. Look talk to Ryan, explain to him everything after you make sure it's 100% postitive though."
"Ok,"I nodded while wiping his eyes.
"And if he's still a jerk, come find me and I'll give him a piece of my mind."
"Thanks,"I laughed as I pulled away from her then heard Jake pull back in.
"You going to be ok?"
"Yeah,"I smiled,"I'll see you tomorrow."