Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Leaving for a while

Standing on next to the RV while the boys loaded up their things, Ryan walked up to me to slowly put his arms around me.
"I don't want you to leave."
"I wish you could come with me,"I smiled lightly,"But I'll be back before you know it."
"That's what you say but to me it'll seem like forever,"He looked down into my eyes.
"Aww, don't be so down, go out with Eric or something,"I smiled at him,"It'll go by fastly."
"I hope so,"He leant into kiss me.
"Sy, come on,"Jake called from the door.
"That's my cue,"I smiled at him but not letting go.
"I know."
"So I'll call you when we get there."
"Be careful,"He ran this thumb down my cheek which I smiled at him lightly.
"I will."
With one last kiss, I slowly pulled myself from his embrace to head onto the RV. Waving goodbye to him, I slowly closed the door as Jake started up the RV.

"Alright boys, get some sleep,"I motioned to them,"I know it's only 9 but still it'll be a long trip and I don't want any of you losing sleep or anything."
"But we're just so excited,"Kyle smiled at me.
"Yeah yeah, I know,"I rolled my eyes,"But once we get there we might have to get practice in."
"Just an hour Sy?"
"Fine,"I sighed at them,"But keep it down ok?"
"You got it."

Walking off to the bed, I slowly drifted off to sleep since it was pretty boring on the road besides watching the signs up by which I had plenty of doing when I woke up. That turned out to be only 5 hours later since I'm not a big sleeper as I heard the silence around the RV. Walking to the front by Jake, I took the seat next to him as he had his eyes on the road.
"You doing ok?"
"Yeah,"He looked at me,"Have a nice nap?"
"It wasn't a nap,"I laughed,"But yeah I feel more awake now."
"I'm just glad I slept before coming here."
"Yeah,"I watched the road,"I seriously missed this."
"What?"
"Traveling to go to competitions, being on the road with friends like this, pretty much everything."
"Well now you've got five boys who love this sports as much as you, so you've got another reason."
"Of course,"I smiled at him lightly then looked back at the road.
"Is something bugging you?"
"Hmm?"
"You seem like there's something bothering you. You ok?"
"I'm fine,"I smiled at him brightly,"Don't worry about me."

Finally pulling into Atlanta by 8 am, Jake looked tired since he wouldn't let me drive even when I offered. We had stopped at the hotel in which the boys awoke from their sleep to look groggy.
"Here's you're keys,"I handed them a card,"Go unpack then meet me down in the lobby for breakfast and so we can go over the schedule."
"Ok,"They all nodded as they carried their bags towards the entrance.
"You won't hate me if I don't come down for breakfast will you?"asked Jake.
"Of course not Mr-I-Can-Drive-All Night-With-No-Help-From-You,"I smirked at him.
"I promise I'll let you drive on the way back."
"Go get some sleep,"I rolled my eyes then shoved him to the direction of the hotel.

As I got out my bags, I decided to take out my phone to call Ryan to let him know we made it here ok.
"Hey,"I smiled hearing him pick up after two rings,"We're here. Now I've got the task of waking up 5 boys."
"Sounds fun,"He laughed,"How are you feeling? No morning sickness?"
"None,"I shrugged,"And don't jinx me."
"Sorry."
"But no, I'm doing ok, I guess. It's good to be on the road like this again, I missed it. I'm just nervous about the guys going out there."
"They'll be fine, they did learn from the best."
"Thank you,"I smiled.
"So what are you doing?"
"Unpacking,"I sighed,"Then going over the schedule with them today then practice since pretty much everyone will be by tonight."
"Sounds more fun that what I'm doing."
"Are you kidding? CSI stuff can be fun,"I laughed as I pulled out a bag.
"I guess so. But hey, I'm going to let you go."
"Alright I'll call you before bed."
"I love you."
"Love you too."

I hung up my phone to finish taking everything out of the RV which wasn't so bad. I was sharing a room with Jake, which he was passed out on his bed, well the one he claimed as I tossed my bag on the opposite one. Grabbing my sunglasses, keys, schedule, and manager type stuff I headed down to the lobby where I seen the five boys standing outside waiting for me. After getting a table, we ordered breakfast in which I couldn't eat much for some reason as I took out the schedule.

"Ok, so here's what's happening today,"I looked at them all,"We regrister at 11, then by noon we get to practice til 3. At 3, there's a bit of an introduction from whoever put this one, then there's pretty much a showcase for the public that starts at 5."
"Talk about being thrown into it,"Caleb looked at me.
"Then tomorrow,"I turned the page,"Tomorrow, the actual competiting starts at 9 and we could be there for a while since there's breaks for lunch, dinner and what not. Then they'll do best trick, FMX, and everything."
"So if we're not in anything besides the races-"Tyler looked at me.
"Then you can wonder around the area, talk to others, watch the events."
"Then Sunday?"Caleb asked.
"Sunday is pretty much like today with another round of races and everything, and the pros going."
"Meaning, you'll be pulling tricks?"asked Keegan as his eyes lit up.
"Yes,"I sighed,"So I expect all of you to be there when I am."
"Of course,"Mark smiled at me,"We hardly get to see you in action so this should be fun."
"Alright, so go get ready,"I nodded to them as they left.

By time practice came around, the boys were having fun and I was watching them as Jake walked down to the where I was.
"Oh my god, is that Sylar Deegan?"I heard from the side of me as I turned to see some old friends walking towards me.
"Depends,"I smirked as I stood up to greet them,"Hey guys."
"Hey."
"Oh Jake,"I nodded at him,"This is Joe, JT, and Stephan I've know them since forever and guys this is Jake."
"Hey,"JT nodded at him,"So I heard a rumor that you're competiting on Sunday."
"No rumour,"I smiled.
"Dude she's going to compete!"Joe threw his arms up in the air.
"Dude relax,"I laughed,"I've done it before."
"So these your boys?"JT nodded as he watched them with me.
"Yeah,"I smiled at them,"And Kyle Harmon's my little bro, it's pretty sweet having this in common with him now."
"Cool,"He smiled as we watched them for a while.

That's when I seen him, the one person who I hated the most out here. He was like the worst person to race or compete since he played dirty. His name was Marco and he thought he was the best person out here. Not to mention he was a womanizer, always having women around, getting them to do things just for a chance at fame or something. It sickened me. Needless to say we always clashed, that and I've beaten him so many times, he never took those lightly.

"Well if it isn't Caine?"Marco sneered as he walked up to me.
"Well if it isn't the man whore himself,"I shot back with a smirk.
"Hey I heard you haven't been doing so well this year, so I'd watch it."
"You heard wrong,"I smirked at him,"I'll still kick your ass out there on Sunday."
"Why wait til Sunday?"
"Uh, because that's when we're scheduled to compete."
"No, I mean why not take this to the streets,"He laughed.
"The streets?"I raised an eyebrow at him.
"Yeah unless you're too chicken."
"Sy,"Stephan warned,"Don't."
"See even you're friends don't want you to do it."
"Shut up,"I glared at him to think,"You know what, tonight, you, me, you're going down."
"I'll see you there,"He laughed as he walked off.
"Sylar, what are you doing?"Jake looked at me.
"Putting that dick back in his place,"I watched him walk off.

The tension for the remaining time during this thing was building. I so couldn't wait for this showcase thing to be over since I wanted to kick his ass on the street. By time it was 11, most of the people were gone and the streets were empty as the small crowd of mainly competetors and their girlfriends gathered around.

"Sylar, you don't have to do this,"Jake handed me a helmet.
"Don't worry about me,"I slide it over my face.
"Please be careful,"Kyle looked at me.
"I will little bro,"I nodded as I rode my bike next to Marco.

Glaring at him slightly, he revved his bike which I did the same then before I knew it, we were on the street racing. That and Marco thought he could rig the race too by throwing obstacles in the way. As sneaky as it was, I managed to dodge everything he threw at me, even when he tried to run me off the road. By time the finish line was in clear view of both of us, I could hear Marco behind me as I punched it harder and crossed the line before he did. Stopping my bike by the cheering crowd, I took my helmet off letting my brown hair shake out as I looked back at him. Marco slowly drove his bike past me with a menacing look as I just smirked at him.

"Sylar, that was some sweet riding!"Caleb high fived me.
"Which I better not catch any of you doing, got me?"I questioned looking at them.
"Yes,"They all nodded.
"Now come on,"I got up,"You guys need rest."
Once back at the hotel, I sat my stuff on the floor next to the bed as I had on some shorts and a tank top.

"You're dangerous, you do know that right?"Jake laughed as he took his shoes off.
"Eh, not so much,"I shrugged leaning back into the bed.
"We should celebrate that victory though,"He smiled,"Want anything."
"Just water or something."
"What? Sylar Caine isn't drinking after kicking Marco's ass,"Jake raised an eye brow at me to hand me a gatorade,"Are you feeling ok?"
"I'm fine,"I smiled lightly,"Just-"
"Just what?"
"Promise not to say anything to anyone?"
"Sure what?"Jake sat down at the foot of the bed to look at me as he took a sip off his beer.
"And you better not lecture me after this either."
"I won't."
"Good,"I sat up to cross my legs and look at him,"I'm pregant."
Jake choked on his beer as his eyes went wide and he looked at me,"You're what?"
"Pregant,"I smiled at him lightly.
"And it's Ryan's?"
"Yeah."
"And you're still racing and-"
"Hey you said you wouldn't lecture."
"I didn't promise anything,"He loooked at me.
"I know it's bad,"I sighed,"But this is in my blood."
"Promise me after this one, you'll take a break."
"I'm really careful at what I-"
"Promise me,"Jake looked at me.
"I promise,"I rolled my eyes at him.
"Mean it Sylar."
"Ok,"I nodded,"I mean it, no racing after this weekend."