Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Behind Those Eyes

Sitting in that room I rocked back and forth in the chair while spinning my phone on the table. Everyone knew I was pissed so they left me alone which is how I wanted it to be. That and if someone came in here for "answers" I would've snapped their head off literally. Well not really but you get my drift. Watching as my dad slowly opened the door, I swear I felt like I was 10 again or a teen caught sneaking in way past curfew. Funny how those things work isn't it?
Then he just stood there, not saying anything, just stood there with his hands on his hips waiting for me to say something.
"Dad, look I-"
"He wanted you to do that."
"I know it's just, what he said, I couldn't take it. It was instinct."
"They want you off the case."
"Because of Drake?"I scouffed as I looked at him,"I knew it just because-"
"Because of that and your outburst, they're saying you came back to work too early."
"H, you know that's a lie. I couldn't be at home, reflecting on what happened to me would've drove me insane."
"I know but for now I want you to go home."
"But what about the evidence I handled."
"It will be taken care of, for now go home and relax."
"Fine,"I sighed with an eyeroll pushing myself away from the table then stopped before walking out the door,"And just for my own knowledge, did you find Drake's killer?"
"We'll get him, don't worry."
"I don't,"I nodded at him then headed to the locker room.

As I gathered my things, Ryan walked up to me as I pulled out my jacket.
"So they're sending you home?"
"Yeah,"I looked at him,"Totally the stupidest reason ever but what can I do?"
"Don't stress yourself out about it,"He looked at me,"I mean you do have other things to worry about."
"True."
"Which I heard you got morning sickness from,"Ryan smirked at me.
"Eric,"I rolled my eyes,"It passed, I'm fine. Just slightly hated you for a second."
"Me? Why me?"
I threw him a look as he stood up,"You have to ask?"
"Sorry,"He rubbed my arm lightly,"So are you heading straight home?"
"I guess,"I shrugged,"Maybe the track or something or to the store."
"Be careful ok?"Ryan kissed me lightly as I smiled.
"I will,"I smirked as I pulled my jacket on,"Mostly I'm pissed since you look really hot right now and they're sending me home."
"Well then your distraction will be gone,"He smirked.
"I guess, but I'll see you later,"I smiled as I headed out the door.

Once I was in the car and out of earshot, I picked up my phone to dial the one person I knew who could give me answers.
"Sylar? Is everything ok?"asked Angelo.
"Yes and no,"I watched the road,"The no being, I need to know who Drake's killer is."
"Drake?"
"Yes,"I sighed as I turned the corner,"Do you know any information on it?"
"I do,"He paused,"But you shouldn't get involved with this."
"I sorta am,"I shrugged,"Just whatever you find, can you tell me?"
"Yeah,"He sighed,"but don't go do anything stupid."
"Me? Stupid?"I smirked,"Trust me it's not."
"I'll send it to you in the next few days."
"Thanks,"I smiled,"I knew I could count on you."

The next couple hours, I spent shopping since it got rid of my stress. By time I was home, I noticed that Ryan's car had been in the driveway which could only mean one of two things. Slowly walking into the house, I made sure not to do anything to piss him off since he could snap.
"Ryan?"I called through the house,"Ryan, are you home?"
"Hey,"Ryan waved me over from the couch were he was laying down on it,"Guess who got suspended today?"
"I thought so,"I walked over to him then smiled as I sat down,"I guess you couldn't stay away from me that long."
"Sylar."
"Sorry, couldn't help it,"I hide my smile from him as I looked at him.
"It just sucks,"Ryan rubbed his temple.
"Hey,"I laid on top of him with a smile playing at my lips,"Don't be so worried about it. That Derrick guy just plans on taking everyone out. Makes his case look better."
"Thank you,"Ryan smiled up at me.
"Don't mention it, it's what I'm here for."
"Are you feeling better though?"
"In the sense that I'm stress free, yeah for the most part."
"That's good."
"Well hey,"I drew some circles on his chest,"Since we're both home why don't we go do something totally crazy and unexpected?"
"Like?"
"I don't,"I shrugged,"Crazy and unexpected?"
"As long as we're not jumping out of an airplane,"Ryan smiled at me.
"No jumping out an airplane,"I helped him up as he smiled,"Just random."
"Do I get to drive?"
"If you insist,"I handed him my keys as I helped him up since I was sitting on his legs.
"So what is there to do in Miami?"
"I got it,"I smiled at him,"But you've got to be totally open minded about this."
"I'm scared to ask,"He looked at me as I smiled.
"You trust me so that's all that should matter."
"Never a dull moment with you Sy, never."
"It's a good thing,"I smirked as we headed to the door.