Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Save Our Troubles For Another Day

Getting bored as I watched as Jake packed his thing which gave me an idea. I got my Ipod out of my pocket to turn on the song we first met each other to which happened to be Janet Jackson's "Escapade". I smiled as I started lip syncing and acting out the lyrics as Jake just gave me a strange look.
"You know how weird you look right now?"
"Come on,"I laughed,"Remember that club we were in when I first seen you. I had the world's biggest crush on you until I realized what a jerk you were."
"Me? A jerk?"He raised an eyebrow at me as I nodded.
"Yes,"I smiled,'I remember you gave me such an attitude about racing and that I couldn't do it. Then you challenged me to a street race."
"Oh yeah."
"And I so kicked your ass,"I laughed as he shook his head.
"Did not."
"Did too,"I smirked as I walked up to him,"Admit it."
"You got lucky."
"I got lucky?"I crossed my arms at him,"Those sound like re-match words."
"No, Sylar don't you think about it."
"Why I'm not glass,"I smirked,"Besides I'll be careful."
"You promised me no more racing after that last competition."
"Did I?"I smirked as I went to get my keys and head to the door,"Please one last time just for laughs."
"Fine,"He sighed as he headed out the door to get bikes to do our street race.

The streets of Miami were pretty dead that we picked right now, which is a good thing. We didn't want to call attention to cops or anything, yeah that so wouldn't have been fun. I stood with my bike as I waited on Jake as a car slowly drove past me, the driver staring me down. Watching with him with no change of expression on my face I made sure not to let it get to me since whoever it was, wasn't about to ruin right now with Jake.
"You so better not pull anything stupid,"Jake mentioned as I smirked at him pulling my helmet on.
"Likewise."

After racing down the streets while following traffic signs, it was around 10 now which I was in front of Ryan's house as I turned off my bike.
"So we'll just hang out tomorrow,"Jake smiled at me,"Nothing too crazy."
"Of course not, I was thinking lunch, just walking around or something."
"Sounds good,"He smiled,"I'll call you around 9?"
"I'll be up,"I smiled as he drove off then I headed back inside to a sorta dark house.

The house was quiet as I walked back to the bedroom to find Ryan already sleep which was cute. Heading to the shower first, I then climbed back in bed with Ryan who woke with a small jump.
"It's just me,"I smiled at him.
"Sorry, I was just so tired,"He yawned.
"It's ok, sleep."
"Your dad called,"Ryan moved his arms around me.
"What'd he want?"I settled into his arms as I felt his heart beat slow down.
"To talk to you about something, I don't know."
"Ok,"I yawned,"I'll call him back in the morning."
"We need to tell him."
"Who's this we?"I half smirked as my eyes started to close.
"You know what I mean."
"You tell him, he scares me."
"Your own dad scares you?"Ryan laughed as I elbowed him slightly.
"Yes, you've seen him and worked with him. If I were you, I'd be more freaked out than me."
"It won't be that bad."
"I think we should tell big brother first."
"Big brother?"
"Eric,"I smiled as my thumb rubbed his arm,"He's less scary."
"You're just avoiding telling your dad."
"Shut up, I'm tired,"I shifted as I heard Ryan chuckle to himself.
"Night,"He kissed my cheek as I drifted to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up to hang out with Jake pretty much the whole day. We went to lunch, then ended up walking along the beach for a couple hours just talking about all the stupid things we've done since we became best friends. Then by 4, we headed back to his house to finish packing things. It wasn't exactly my idea of fun but there was nothing I could do or say to make him stay. By time it was 5:30, the house was empty except for the furniture and bed that Jake was leaving there for me since he promised me he'd be back eventually and needed that here. Then Ryan had come over just before he was leaving.

Standing outside as Jake stood next to his car, I tucked my hands in my pockets.
"I guess this is for real now,"I shrugged at him.
"Only for a while,"He smiled at me lightly,"I promise I'll be back."
"I don't want you to go."
"I know,"Jake pulled me into a hug as I rested my head on his chest,"But I need to."
"You're not being fair,"I sniffled as I brought my hands up to my eyes to dry my eyes,"Now you've gone and ruined my make up."
"I'm sorry,"He smiled as I moved away from him a bit as he wiped a tear out of my eye,"You stay out of trouble ok?"
I nodded as he smiled lightly.
"Keep her safe,"Jake looked past me at Ryan as I stood there.
"I will."
"I'll see you later Sy,"Jake smiled as he went to get into his car as I just watched him.
"Jake!"I snapped back to reality as I ran up to him to throw my arms around his neck hoping maybe he'd stay,"I'm sorry I never said anything before but if I don't now, I don't know."
"What are you talking-"
"We've been through thick and thin together, all my dark secrets you know, my fears, if I don't say this now what if you don't come back to me?"
"I'll come back,"He smiled.
"I love you,"I smiled lightly at him,"And no not in that whole dating thing but-"
"I know,"He smiled at me as he kissed my cheek as I backed away to see a tear in his eye,"I promise to come back."
"Be safe,"I smiled at him as he got into his car and dried my eyes.

I turned around to have Ryan pull me into his chest as I think his shirt got soaked. He finally took me home after we couldn't see Jake's car for a while. Now I was just sitting on the couch in Ryan's arms as he kept me company.
"You're amazing,"I mumbled as traced imaginary circles on my arms,"Here I am, a mess over a friend and you've been nothing but sweet to me."
"It's alright Sy,"He smiled,"He's your best friend and finally when he's no longer under cover, he's leaving."
"I know,"I smiled lightly,"I love you so much right now."
"Yeah about that."
"Ryan,"I sat up to look at him,"What'd you do?"
"I told Calleigh."
"See, even you can't tell my dad,"I smirked at him.
"I think we should together."
"Great plan so he can kill us both."
"He won't kill us,"Ryan laughed.
"Why can't we keep it a secret?"I groaned.
"Because,"He smiled at me as I sat up,"He's going to be a grandpa, he deserves to know."
I smirked at the thought,"Grandpa Horatio. He's old."
"You said it not me."
"Ok, tomorrow, we'll tell him."
"You sure?"
"Yeah,"I smiled at him,"As long as you're ok with it."
"I gues,"He shrugged.
"Don't guess, know."
"Can we do it in a public place just in case?"
"I thought you said he won't kill us?"I laughed as I leant on the other side of the couch resting my feet on Ryan.
"Ok, maybe just me."
"You're insured right?"I smirked.
Ryan glared at me as I just blew him a kiss and he started tickling me to death.

"Ryan!"
"You had it coming."
"I hate you,"I laughed out when all the sudden he hit the scar which caused me to jump,"Ouch."
"Sorry."
"It's ok,"I shrugged pulling him down to me,"It's just a bit sore yet."
"I don't want to hurt you."
"You're not,"I caught his lips with mine as he settled into the kiss as his hands started to find their way under my shirt.

Slowly picking up my clothes from last night, I put them in the hamper as I found something to wear for work today. I was mainly moving slow since I thought if I did, it would delay having to tell my dad about me being pregant but apparently I was wrong since it only aggrivated Ryan as he leant against the door frame.
"You're not getting out of this,"Ryan crossed his arms at me as I slid on some shoes.
"That's what you said last night,"I smirked at him to watch him roll his eyes at me.
"Sylar-"
"Ryan."
"Come on, we're going to be late."
"Fine,"I stood up to head into the lab.

Ryan had been out with Horatio working on something as I was in the lab waiting for them to come back to tell Horatio our news. I was just pacing the hallway at the time trying to think of what to say.
"Dad, I'm pregant,"I mumbled to myself as I shook my head,"No too blunt."
"Dad-"
"Sylar?"I heard Kyle behind me since he started work at the lab a few days ago.
"Oh hey,"I let out a sigh,"What's up?"
"Not much, is dad back yet?"
"No,"I fidgeted a bit,"That's a good thing isn't it?"
"Ok, what's going on?"
"I guess I've got to tell you too huh?"I let out a tiny sigh as I sat down on the bench.
"Tell me what?"
"Well-"
I was about to tell Kyle when Ryan walked through the door again with my dad. Ok, take deep breaths, this won't be so bad.