Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Hate to See You Go

I sat there watching Calleigh and Natalia have a good time. I mean it was fun but I just wasn't feeling my original idea anyways, it's not like we did run into Eric or Ryan but still. That's when I decided to get some fresh air outside, so I sat on the railing of the club side walk which no one seemed to mind. I was just lost in thought when out of the corner of my eye, I thought I seen Ryan walk up to me. Looking to the side to make sure I wasn't seeing things, I smiled lightly when he was actually walking up to me.
"What are you doing here?"I asked with a smile playing on my lips as I looked at him.
"I was driving by, seen you here, so I thought you could use the company."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah,"He smiled as leant against the railing,"What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be in there, having fun?"
"I needed some air. And I needed to think."
"About?"
"Well for one, how I'm always leaving you and can't stay in one spot for too long."
"I don't have a-"
"Don't say that,"I gave him a look,"I know you have a problem with it because it bugs me that I do it to you. But the thing about me is, I'm so used to moving around, going to places, competiting that I'm not used to this whole stationary thing."
"So what you'r saying is?"
"That I'm really trying my harderst but this is all new to me. The whole actually having someone who loves me like you do and staying here in Miami. Like did you know I even put some of my stuff in Jake's house since he gave it to me?"
"Wait Jake gave you his house?"
"Til he comes back."
"So are you moving out then?"
"I thought about it,"I sighed looking at the night sky,"It's just I don't want to leave you or anything."
"Well if you left, bed would just suck and be so much colder."
"I know,"I looked at him,"It's just it seemed like the right thing to do, move around again but like I said I'm trying to adjust."
"How about this,"Ryan looked at me as he had my attention,"We both get some vacation time off and go anywhere, away from Miami, away from family, friends, just escape."
"You mean sorta just disappear for a while?"
"Yeah, just the two of us, no work, nothing."
"That actually sounds really good,"I smiled at him.
"Any ideas?"
"Greece,"I smiled at him,"I've always wanted to go there, it looks beautiful."
"Greece?"
"I know, typical,"I rolled my eyes,"But think about it, it's amazing there from what I've seen and been told, there's no family there, no friends, no work."
Ryan smiled at me as he moved to be in front of me,"You going home?"
"In a bit,"I smiled down at him lightly.
"Ok,"He kissed me slowly as I smiled when he pulled away,"Come home tonight."

I nodded as Ryan slowly started to walk off in which I breathed one of those happy slow sighs. I headed back to the club for another few hours before I headed back to Ryan's to crawl into the bed with him.
Over the next week, Ryan had bought plan tickets and took care of hotels in Greece for our vacation which we so needed right now. Finally landing in Greece, I stepped off the plane to be greeted by a light breeze and the smell of the waves crashing on the beach in the distance. We headed to the the baggage claim in which, my tired body leant against Ryan's shoulder with a slight smile.

"I'm already loving this trip here,'I smiled at him lightly as we waited for our baggage.
"I'm glad,"He smiled as he moved to get our luggage then head to the ca that was taking us to the hotel.
The hotel itself was amazing and since the plane ride was exhausting for me, I fell onto the closet bed as Ryan just smirked while dragging our bags into the room.

"You look comfortable,"He smirked at me as I propped myself up on my elbows to look at him.
"I can't help it the plane ride was long,"I stuck my tongue out at him as he walked over to sit next to me.
"You're so childish."
"So? You know you love it,"I smirked at him as I pulled him into me,"We should so do something tonight."
"You up for it?"
"Yeah,"I smiled at him,"Besides I'm starting to get hungry again, I mean I'm eating for two now."
"Where do you want to go?"
"I don't know,"I shrugged,"We could just walk then figure it out. Then tomorrow we so better go to the beach."
"Of course,"He slowly kissed me which I smiled into.
"Aren't you glad I talked you into coming here?"
"Yeah,"He smiled as he looked into my eyes.
"Good."

Walking down the streets of the Greek town we were in, our fingers were entwined as people on the streets smiled at us. It actually made me blush that all these couples and random people would smile brightly at us, I wasn't used to seeing that many smiles just at us being a couple. Finally finding a small outdoor cafe, I sat across from Ryan as the night lights around us, illuminated everything around us.
"So seriously, you can't stay stationary?"Ryan asked looking at me.
"I guess,"I shrugged,"I mean my mom had me always moving and then I stayed in Finland for a while but I was always traveling around, then well being in the states and competiting, I never had a house of my own."
"Wow."
"But then I met this guy a while back, investigating a crime at the venue where I was competiting and everything changed."
"How so?"
"Well he was probably one of the cutest guys I ever met on first sight then once I got to know him, it's like I knew he was different,"I smiled at him,"Then fast forward a bit and I see myself moving in with him, then he just made my world stopped like he was the only thing that mattered to me now."
"Then?"
"Then I realized how I'm treating him and it just didn't see fair to him but he should know I'm trying."
"Ah, I know that guy,"Ryan smiled at me,"And he hates to see you go everytime you leave but he won't stop fighting for her."
"Fighting?"
"He think believes that even though she is crazy and does the most random things, that she'll still be there in the end."
"Really?"I looked at him with a smile,"You know about all the things I'm worried about."
"Yeah,"He smiled at me,"I know you're scared about being a parent, so am I. I know you love me too even though we tend to disagree on things, I think you do it just to fight with someone."
"Do not,"I smirked at him,"You know you're the only one who I've really let in on who I really am."
"Not even Jake?"
"Well he does know my fears, darkest secrets but he's never been this in my life like you have. It's like all you have to do is look at me or in my eyes and you can see everything. No one else has ever done that."
"I didn't know that,"Ryan leant back to look at me.
"Yeah,"I smiled at him as I shook my head,"And now that I've been too sappy-"
"I don't mind,"He smiled at me,"You don't have to be the tough one all the time."
"Thanks,"I smiled at him,"Wanna head back to the hotel?"
"Sure,"Ryan got up to help me up which I smiled at him as he lead me back to our hotel room so we could talk about things that we haven't talked about with each other before.