Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

In My Head

"So what's up?"I asked looking at Angelo as I let out a yawn.
"Tired?"
"Just tell me why you called us out here,"I rolled my eyes.
"Two things,"He nodded at me as he looked between the two of us,"For one, you're still being watched, all of you are."
"We kinda knew that,"Eric nodded at him.
"I found your mom,"Angelo looked at me.
"What?"I snapped my head up to him now wanting to hear about it,"Where is she? Is she fine?"
"She's back in Russia, she's trying to fix everything that she brought onto you."
"And you can help her right? I mean she needs someone,"I looked at him quickly,"Angelo."
"There's only so much we can do without causing our own problems in Italy. We'll keep an eye on her. But for now I've got to go."

We watched as Angelo walked off and I knew what he had told me was bad, it's just I was hoping, wishing, that someone would tell me everything would be ok. Just lie to me for once or something, I mean sure she wasn't the best mom when I turned towards the teenager years but she did watch out for me, gave me love, it's just I couldn't let something happen to her now.
"Eric, she'll be ok right?"I looked at him with tears in my eyes as I thought.
"Yeah,"He smiled lightly which I knew he was lying but still.

He pulled me into his arms as I let the few silent tears escape my eyes but then felt anger towards this Russian mob thing, if anything happened to her or anyone else close to me, these people would so pay and I didn't care what it took anymore. Breaking away from him, I wiped my cheeks off as I headed back to the Hummer.

"Sy, you going to be ok?"
"Fine, I'm just tired,"I mentioned from my seat as he drove back to the lab.
"You scare me when you talk like that."
"Don't worry about it, ok?"I smiled lightly at him,"I mean I won't do anything too drastic."
"See, that's what scares me about you,"He shook his head and laughed which I had to smirk at since he was right on some part.

Once back at the lab, Eric went to talk to Horatio about what he knew and I headed home. I could barely keep my eyes open anymore and my body was slowly turning itself off which only meant I was going to pass out from exhaustion. I slowly walked through the house, careful not to make much noise to wake up Ryan as I walked towards the bedroom. Seeing him passed out on the bed, I took off my shoes and crawled over to him to fall asleep.
It felt like I had been asleep for days by time, I came to wake up again. I woke up to the feel of soft kisses along my neck and jawline which I tried to pretend that I was sleeping but it wasn't working.
"Sylar, I know you're up,"Ryan mentioned close to my ear.
I just kept my eyes closed but that smile grew on my lip to which I felt myself being picked up out of bed and carried.
"Ryan!"
"Stop pretending,"He laughed as he carried me bridal style through the house until my feet finally touched the floor.
"What time is it?"
"It's noon,"He smiled as I stretched a bit,"I went to get us some coffee and lunch, hope you don't mind."
"No, I don't mind,"I smiled at him as I pulled myself onto the counter to look at him,"I'm starved."
"I figured you'd say that."
"Well I am eating for two now,"I smirked at him as I watched him.
"So what you want me to order food for three?"He raised an eyebrow at me.
"Yeah right,"I leant against the wall pulling me farther up the counter,"I still don't think I could eat that much."
"Kyle called,"Ryan nodded as he handed me a sub sandwhich,"Then Caleb, and Mark."
"I figured,"I rolled my eyes,"Which reminds me that I've got to call Jake."
"Jake why?"
"Well,"I shrugged leaning forward just a bit,"I've been thinking about this for a while and well, it's bound to happen."
"What?"
"With Drake gone, I don't have anyone else who really knows about bikes or racing and well Jake's been there a lot."
"Sylar, what are you doing?"
"I can't ride for a while,"I sighed looking at him,"So I'm handing my coach and manager duties over to Jake. You know focus on paper work and CSI stuff for the time being."
"Wow, I've never seen you get so settled on one thing,"Ryan looked at me shocked,"What caused it?"

"Honestly?"I looked up at him after swallowing my food,"You did."
"Me? Why me?"
"Yes you,"I smirkled at him,"And you because you're a big part of my life and one of the most important things in it. I just can't stand the thought of losing you or hurting you anymore and well things do happen that change a person."
"You know you don't have to give up everything about racing and stunts."
"I was hoping you'd say that,"I smiled up at him which he walked closer to me with a smile on his face.
"I'm serious, if it's what you love then nothing should stop you,"He crossed his arms,"I support you 100% , I'll just worry about you everytime you go out there."
"It's natural,"I smiled at him,"And thank you."
"Don't mention it,"He kissed my cheek,"It comes along with the whole reason I asked you to marry me. I can't live without your crazy lifestyle."
"It's why you balance me out,"I smirked as he went to finish his food,"So what do we have planned as our last day off today?"
"Well,"He smiled at me,"It's supposed to be a surprise but it has to do with your favorite band."
"My favorite band? I've got many, which one?"I eye him suspiciously.
"That's the surprise part,"He smirked as he walked out of the kitchen which left me thinking to myself.
"Ryan!"I mentioned as I just heard him chuckled as I hopped off the counter top,"Ryan, come on."