Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

How do you sleep?

Ryan came back into the lab a while later and started to look at some evidence with Eric. I was finished with what I had done when I seen that they were both looking at photos on the computer screen which happened to be of all of us which was kinda freaky.
"Do I need to hire a body guard?"I asked walking into the room as they both looked at me.
"Hey Sy,"Ryan looked at me seriously.
"Who's watching us?"I looked between the two of them as they didn't know either when I noticed Angelo in one of them,"That's Angelo."
"Who?"Ryan looked at me.
"Remember that guy I told you about, the one who helped?"
"Yeah?"
"That's him."
"Does he know about this?"asked Eric.
"No clue,"I shrugged taking out my phone,"I'm going to go call him."

Stepping out of the room, I called Angelo's number in which it went to voicemail which I wasn't too worried about since he could outsmart people so maybe he knew that he was being watched. The rest of the day went by tension filled. I found that Calleigh almost died which freaked me out but she reassured me that she was fine.

A while later, Ryan had gone out to a crime scene when I went to call him to make sure he was ok when he was driving there but I couldn't get ahold of him. Not panicing at first, I thought maybe he didn't hear his phone or it didn't pick up so I called again. Once again it went straight to e-mail so I texted him waiting for an answer. I sat in the lab with Natalia watching my phone hoping for it to respond but nothing happened.

Calling a few more times and texting, I got the same response which I was now freaked out by. Trying to calm my nerves and not go insane, I called Eric.
"Delko."
"Eric,,"I exhauled the breath I was holding in,"Can you do me a huge favor so I stop freaking out and panicing?"
"Sure what?"
"Ok, so I've been trying to call Ryan about the crime scene and I've called like close to 10 times and texted him but no one's responded either, so I was wondering if you could try calling him? I mean maybe I'm getting a dead zone or it's my phone-"
"Relax Sy,"I heard Eric chuckle,"I'll call him for you. Don't worry ok?"
"Ok,"I nodded as hung up the phone.

A few minutes later, my phone rang,"Ryan?"
"It's Angelo,"I heard his voice through the line,"Why?"
"I haven't heard from Ryan and I'm scared, did you get my message?"
"Yes,"He sighed,"We know, but don't worry about me, ok?"
"What about Ryan?"
"I don't know,"Angelo paused,"Did anyone else call him?"
"Eric, but Eric hasn't called me back about him or anything."
"Ok,"He paused again,"I'll call Eric and see what's wrong."
"Ok,"I took a deep breath as I hung up the phone as I paced back and forth in the hallway to have Calleigh walk up to me.

"Hey, you ok?"
"No,"I shook my head,"Something's happened to Ryan, I just know it."
"Wow, take a deep breath,"Calleigh sat me down,"What happened?"
"Well he went out to that crime scene and I was calling him about it and I can't get ahold of him. I had Eric call him but Eric hasn't called me to say if it was me, or anything and I don't know I'm scared."
"Ok, Eric will call you,"She smiled,"Just don't stress yourself out. You can go home if you want, try to relax."
"Thanks,"I smiled lightly at her,"But at home, I'd think more about him. It's best if I stay here."
"Ok, but if you get too stressed, I'm taking you out of here,"Calleigh smiled at me when her phone rang.

"Hold on,"Calleigh paused,"Eric?"
"Calleigh, I can't get ahold of Ryan."
"What do you mean?"
"He's not answering his phone, it's going straight to voicemail and the last time I called it just got hung up."
"Is Horatio with you?"
"Yeah, don't tell Sylar yet."
"She should know."
"I know but I don't want her stressed out and having it hurt the baby."
"Find him Eric,"Calleigh whispered as she turned back to me, who was so not paying attention to what the call was about.

"Was that Eric?"I asked as I looked up at Calleigh.
"Why don't you come with me to Ballistics?"Calleigh smiled at me sweetly.
"Calleigh, what's going on?"I asked looking at her.
"It's fine,"She nodded at me pulling me along.

I couldn't focus on anything right now though, I was too worried about Ryan. Then after 5 hours of stressing out and worrying, I couldn't be at work anymore, let alone drive right now so I had my dad take me home.
"Sorry dad,"I looked at him as he pulled up in the driveway,"I just couldn't handle it anymore."
"It's ok,"He gave me a knowing smile,"We'll find him."
"Thanks,"I smiled getting out of the car to look at him.
"Rest."
"I will."

Opening the front door, I closed it behind me to sink into the door and let the tears out of my eyes that I had been hiding for the past well while. That's when I heard something or someone in Ryan's bathroom. Standing up slowly but making sure I grabbed my gun with me, I walked to the bathroom.
"Ryan?"I mentioned as I slowly opened the door to see him standing in the mirror, bloodied and bruised then pulling a tooth out of his mouth.

"Ryan,"I whispered to which he jumped at to see.
"Sylar?"Ryan looked at me,"Get out!"
"Ryan, it's me,"I walked closer to him feeling the tears in my eyes as I looked at him,"Let me help you."
"No,"Ryan moved away from me,"You shouldn't be here."
"Ryan,"I reached up to touch his face lightly,"Please."
"I can't Sy,"He looked at my arm as I bit my lip.
"You can't? I've been worried sick about you!"
"You wouldn't understand."
"I wouldn't understand?I questioned with a bitter laugh to lift up my shirt to show him the scar,"Tell me I don't understand again."
Ryan collasped onto my shoulder as I rubbed his back softly as to not hurt him anymore then had him sit down on the counter to help him clean up.

"I understand you don't want to tell me what happened or where you were-"
"I want to but can't."
"But Ryan, I thought I lost you,"I placed the cloth to his face as he winced a bit,"It was the worst thing ever."
"I need to get back into work."
"You need rest."
"I need to get to the crime lab,"Ryan got off the counter as he walked to the door leaving me to look down at my lap for a second.
"Hey,"I called out to him with a light smile,"I love you."
"I love you too,"Ryan nodded as he walked out of the bathroom then I heard the front door shut behind him.