Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Sisterlike

Deciding on bed early since today was too stressful for me, I crawled into bed just pulling the covers over my head. Ryan had stayed late at work or something as I waited for him to come home. I didn't know what to do about him or how to help him since I don't know. It was difficult. I just layed there in bed, thinking to myself, when I heard the front door open, close, then lock. Listening to the footsteps walking towards the bedroom, I turned on my side to pretend I was sleeping as he took off his shoes and sat things down.
Slowly I felt the bed sink in next to me, as Ryan wrapped his arms around my body. Slowly I turned to face him as I met his eyes which were soft yet you could tell there was pain in them. My hand came up to his face, running down his cheek slowly as he looked at me. Me, not knowing what to say since I didn't know what would make it better.

"I've got an appointment tomorrow morning,"Was all I managed to get it,"Just in case you want to come along."
"Why?"
"All this stress, I just want to make sure everything is ok,"I smiled at him lightly,"I just want you to be ok. You're the one thing on my mind right now."
"You shouldn't,"Ryan whispered at me.
"I love you Ryan, when something happens to you, I worry."
"I love you too,"His smile slowly appeared,"This time I mean it unlike when I walked out earlier."
"I knew you were upset, going through a lot. I just didn't want to push matters. I understand what it's like but you know."
"I'm glad you're still here,"His grip tightened around my waist as he buried his neck into my shoulder.
"I'm not going anywhere,"I mumbled as I stroked his hair then slowly fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up in Ryan's arms now as the sun came through the windows. I slowly kissed his nose then forehead to see his eyes flutter open at me. Smiling as they did, a smile grew on his face.
"Morning."
"Morning,"He stretched.
"Are you coming with me?"I asked slowly removing myself from his grasp.
"What time?"
"10,"I smiled as I stretched at the side of the bed,"Then I'm heading into work and then heading out to the track just to watch the boys."
"Yeah,"Ryan smiled as he sat up,"I'll probably just take an early lunch or something."
"Sounds good,"I smiled as I found clothes to change into.

By time it was 10, we were sitting in the waiting room for the doctor to come out as I was still nervous since I didn't want anything bad to happen or anything. Inside the doctor's office, I sat there holding Ryan's hand as the doctor did the ultrasound.
"Well everything is normal,"She smiled at the two of us,"Do you want to know the sex?"
I looked at Ryan as he shrugged and I nodded at the doctor.
She smiled at us as she went back to the screen then smiled back at us,"It's a boy."
"A boy?"Ryan questioned.
"Yes,"She smiled at us.

Finally after the appointment and getting checked out of the hospital, we walked out to the parking lot before we both headed into work.
"Well that puts an end to thinking of names,"I smiled at him as I still held onto his head.
"I guess so,"He smiled.
"See there's that Ryan Wolfe smile I fell for,"I smirked at him.
"I'll see you at work,"He kissed me lightly on the lips,"Love you."
"Love you too,"I waved him off as I headed to my car.
Of course I was heading to work soon but first I was stopping by Jake's house to see if he was there to talk to.

Once I got there, I didn't see his bike or car but someone elses. That someone happened to be Caleb which had me worried just a bit since he normally called or left a message to when he was going there, even though he didn't have to. Getting out of my car, then unlocking the front door, I see Caleb sitting on the couch with his head hung.
"Caleb?"I questioned as I walked over to him,"What's up?"
"My parents,"He looked at me,"They kicked me out."
"What? Why?"I asked him as I sat on the couch next to him.
"They think what I'm doing is dangerous,"He scouffed,"And the reason I broke my ankle but I did that in soccer, they won't hear that answer."
"You broke your foot?"
"Well the other team did,"I could hear the anger in his voice,"Apparently they allowed it too."
"I'm sorry,"I mentioned,"Maybe you're parents were just upset?"
"No,"He shook his head,"They told me all my stuff is going to be on the front lawn by 5 today and that I need to find a new place to stay."
"Why didn't you call someone? I mean we could've helped."
"You've been through a lot Sy,"He smiled at me lightly,"Why worry about me?"
"Because,"I lifted his chin to look me in the eyes,"You boys are the reason I ride and still want to. I mean sure coaching wasn't first on my list but you're family know like a million crazy brothers or something."
He chuckled a bit as I smiled at him to continue,"And I'm very protective of my family and supportive."
"Thank,"He smiled,"I still don't have a place to go."
"Tell you what,"I looked at him,"Why don't you stay here at Jake's for a while then I'll talk to him later, ok?"
"Ok,"He nodded as he hugged me,"Thank you."
"Don't mention it,"I smiled,"Now aren't you supposed to be at work?"
"Yeah,"He laughed drying his eyes,"I took lunch, I guess I should be getting back huh?"
"Yes,"I smiled as he got up and headed out the door.
"Thanks again Sy."