Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Luxurious

I took the day off from the lab and spent it in the office then clearing out a spare room in Jake's house to make room for Caleb. I just couldn't believe how much crap was in the room that didn't need to be, it was like Jake was a pack rat or something which in turn took longer than it should've to clear out the room.
By time 5 had come around, I had Ryan and Eric at the house now to help out in moving Caleb's stuff into the room.

"I just can't believe Caleb's parents kicked him out,"Eric mentioned,"Are you sure that's the whole story?"
"Eric,"I sighed rolling my eyes at him,"I trust him ok? These boys are like family and none of them have lied to me."
"I was just thinking."
"Yeah well-"I shrugged as Ryan just shook his head.
"So where is Caleb? I thought he was meeting us here?"Ryan asked.
"Um, I don't know,"I shrugged,"He might be at work or something."
"How old is Caleb anyway?"Eric asked as he sat on the couch to look at me.
"17, he's graduating this summer and by then will be 18."
"You train these kids young,"Eric smirked.
"Hey, I was a pro by his age,"I defended myself as I stuck my tongue out at him,"I mean I still would've but someone just had to go and get my pregant."
"Yeah Wolfe,"Eric smirked at him,"Just interfer with the girl's life."
"Hey,"Ryan looked at us like he didn't mean to,"It's not completely my fault."
"Ryan, relax,"I messed up his hair and kissed him quickly,"We're just messing with you. I don't mind it, I just hate the weight gain."
"You sure?"
"Yes,"I smirked,"It's brought a lot of things into perspective."

We heard a car door slam shut and I looked out the window to see Caleb walking up the drive.
"That's him,"I smiled as we waited for him to open the door but as he walked in, I seen a huge black eye on his right eye then a bruise on his left cheek,"Oh my god, Caleb what happened?"
"I'm fine,"He brushed me off as I examined his face.
"That's not fine,"I looked at him,"Who did this?"
"No one."
"Caleb,"I put m hands on my hips as he walked off.
"My parents ok!?"He spat as he turned to face me,"There happy."
"I didn't-"
"No, it's not your fault,"Caleb sat on the couch as he gave me a light smile,"I went to go talk to them to see if they'd see it my way and change their mind but it was a waste of time."
"So they did this?"I sat next to him,"Eric get some ice."
"My dad,"He gave me a faint smile as I moved his head to look at the bruises,"I knew I should've came here first but I wanted to talk to them."
Eric handed me a bag of ice as I placed it on his ice,"It's ok. We'll go get your stuff."
"Thanks."
"Is this the first time?"
Caleb didn't look at me and my heart sank,"Caleb?"
"They love me,"Caleb smiled at me the best he could,"They just, they have anger problems."
"You'll be ok here,"I smiled lightly at him as I got up from the couch to walk to the kitchen with Eric and Ryan.

"See,"I looked at the two of them,"This is why I do this. It's why I can't just walk away from what I do."
"You've seen this before?"Eric looked at me.
"Yeah,"I gave a light smile,"When I was younger, a few kids had this happen to them, it just hurt to watch it happen to them, it's why it made us all stronger. Brought us together."
"I get it now,"Ryan nodded at me,"It's not about rebelling to you."
"No,"I smiled at him,"I mean sure it's fun and everything but in the long run, you gain a family."
"Should we go get his stuff now?"asked Eric.
"Yeah,"I nodded,"I'll get him."

The next couple hours went by semi-quick as we moved things into the room, along with ordering a pizza. Finally when he finished moving things, we left Caleb in the house which I gave him numbers and everything in case he needed something.
When we got back to Ryan's house, I sat at a barstool as I watched Ryan pick up some things on the floor or around the house.

"Hey thanks for doing that and understand,"I smiled at him lightly.
"It's not problem,"Ryan smiled at me,"Moving things turned out to be pretty fun."
"Oh god, don't tell me you want to move again,"I rolled my eyes.
"No,"He smirked,"But we do have to start thinking about where to put the nursery."
"We should so make it like speed racer or something."
"Speed Racer?"Ryan raised an eyebrow at me.
"Or Lightning McQueen,"I smiled at him as he rolled his eyes,"Or of course we could make it all CSI-like."
"How?"He questioned me with a smirk.
"Put finger prints, hand prings, random things all over the walls."
"Has anyone told you, you're crazy?"Ryan asked me.
"All the time but that's never stopped me before,"I smirked at him,"Oh and hey, don't forget tomorrow we're having dinner with Alexx and her family."

In the morning, I was in the lab again only this time I had a boring task of evidence again which sucked since I wanted to get out to the field again but couldn't. I was just sitting in the lab listening to the silence which was killing me since it half wanted to put me to sleep. Since I was the only one in the lab for most the day, I went to the cd player that I brougt along with me and put in a No Doubt cd for the time being.
That cd which makes the day go by so much faster until Calleigh walked into the lab with a smile on her face. I slowly turned down my music as I looked at her.

"Sorry."
"It's ok,"She smiled,"Are you busy?"
"Um, not too much anymore,"I looked at all the things I had got done,"What's up?"
"I'm heading out to a crime scene if you want to come with me."
"Sure,"I shrugged,"Wait, is H ok with his since-"
"It's fine,"She smiled,"Come on."

Following Calleigh out of the lab, I headed to the crime scene to help process it. I was just glad to get out of the lab since I think I was going stir crazy inside the building. So being outside helped, it got me fresh air.
"So,"Calleigh started,"I heard you're having a boy."
"Yes,"I smiled at her,"Ryan?"
"Yeah, he can't stop talking about him,"Calleigh laughed,"I never seen him like this, it's cute."
"Has he told anyone else about us being engaged yet?"
"No,"Calleigh looked at me,"But you should tell everyone soon."
"I know,"I rolled my eyes as he picked up another piece of evidence and bagged it,"I just sometimes forget since it doesn't seem that epic unlike having a kid."
"You do have a point."
"But I will,"I smiled at her,"I just have to figure out how to word it."
"If not people will catch on with that ring,"She pointed out.
"I'm wearing a ring?"I smirked at her as she rolled her eyes.

Finally getting down with work, I met up with Ryan in the locker room who took a while to change clothes and fix his tie which I impatiently tapped my foot on th ground.
"Dude, seriously you look fine,"I rolled my eyes,"You take longer than me."
"I don't want to look a mess."
"Ryan, it's Alexx,"I looked at him as he looked back at me,"She's known you what, a long time? I don't think she's really going to care"
"There,"He turned to face me then held out his hand,"I'm sorry I can't look as good as you all the time."
"Me?"I snickered at the thought,"I'm starting to look like a beach ball, and my clothes aren't fitting right now."
"Still."
"Stop sucking up,"I playfully hit him as our fingers entwined as he headed to Alexx's house for dinner.