Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Dangerous

We walked up to the door of Alexx's house as she opened it to see the two of us standing there. Pulling us into the house, Alexx hugged us both then she looked back at me.
"And look at you, getting bigger,"She smiled.
"I know,"I sighed,"It's almost really annoying."
"You're glowing though,"She smiled at me as I smiled back at her.
"Thanks."
"And you,"She directed towards Ryan,"You better be treating this girl good."
"I am,"He smiled at her.
"Good because if I hear from her otherwise, we'll have to have a talk."

Soon after dinner with Alexx, we headed back to the house in which I was tired but there was a message on the machine in which I decided to play before going to bed. Ryan had went to the shower as the message played.
I wasn't paying much attention to it until I heard "Ryan, it's Erica" in which my attention was brought to what was being said.

"I know I haven't talked to you in a while but I was hoping we could get together sometime."

She kept phone flirting with him as I wanted nothing more than to punch her or something. Sadly it was only a phone and that wasn't possible but if only. Ryan walked out of the shower, pulling a shirt over his head as he found me with my arms crossed and clearly pissed.

"What's up Sy?"
"Who's Erica?"
"Erica?"He questioned me as I pushed play on the message and his face fell as he listened to it,"She's no one. She likes to cause trouble."
"Sounds like she's something to you,"I huffed at him.
"I used to give her information about cases,"He looked at me,"It was way before I met you."
"Did you sleep with her?"I questioned as I looked at him.
"Why does it matter?"
"It's just a question,"I shrugged.
"I haven't talked to her in years, I didn't know what happened to her."
"Oh so you have been wondering about her?"I raised my eyebrows at him as he walked closer to him.
"No,"He picked my left hand to show me the ring on my finger,"You see this, you're the only one that's ever mattered to me in my life."
"Promise?"
"I promise,"He kissed my lips slowly,"I never cheated on you or plan on it."
"But why's she calling now?"I questioned him.
"How do I know,"He shrugged while looking at me,"She likes gossip. Come on let's go to bed."

Over the next month, Erica kept calling which Ryan had to get his phone number changed because of it. It was rather annoying since she was like a leech or something. Then 4 months into this pregancy thing, Kyle and my boys would make fun of me since I couldn't race which was really annoying.

Right now, I was at the track as Ryan had been at work since it was a nice day out and the boys were off from school or work. Jake had been watching the boys which was funny since they were so not listening to him right now for some reason or another. I at least found it hilarous.

"You think this is funny Caine?"Jake smirked at me as I nodded at him,"Why aren't they listening?"
"Uh because you should like a cop, I wouldn't listen to you either if I was them either."
"But I thought that's how you coached?"
"Yeah and have everyone hate me,"I laughed,"Be their friend too, they'll respect you when they know they can relate to you on some level. Plus a lot of these kids come from bad situations and they don't want to be bitched at anymore."
"Like Caleb?"
"Yeah,"I nodded,"Race them, show them what you can do."
"Race them?"
"You'll be surprise,"I smirked at him,"Keegan's tricky he likes to act like he's a bad racer, he falls back then manages to still get in top 3 every time."
"I've got a lot to learn about them."
"You will, don't worry."
"Isn't Eric picking you up for lunch?"
"Yeah,"I nodded,"Then I'm meeting Ryan. Don't ask, I'm just as confused as you."
"So technically Ryan's taking you to lunch?"
"Yes,"I nodded with a smile.

About an hour later, I was waiting around the front lobby for Ryan to walk out to head to lunch. On the way there, Eric had briefed me about what they were working on since they probably needed my help later. He told me it was about plastic surgery and pretty much all the gruesome details which was something I so didn't want to hear before lunch.

Finally Ryan walked out as he kissed me on the cheek and I rolled my eyes.
"I'm so not looking forward to lunch now."
"Eric told you,"He smirked,"Sorry about that."
"I guess it's ok,"I shrugged,"Just as long as I don't have to come back to see the chopped up remains."
"I'm pretty sure you won't,"He smiled at me.
"I heard Julia was in trouble too, is Kyle ok?"
"Yeah,"He nodded at me,"I told him he can come over tonight, keep you company since you haven't had much time to hang out with each other."
"Sweet,"I smiled at him,"Hey has anyone heard from Angelo or my mom lately? Just wondering since I haven't."
"Um, I don't know,"He shrugged.