Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

My Drama

Coming into the Miami-Dade Crime Lab, I ran into Horatio who was waiting for me in the first place.
"Hey H,"I smiled.
"Sylar,"He looked at me,"I know you're still wanting to be a CSI-"
"Yeah,"I smiled,"I mean I've got all the profile training and I've been shadowing with Eric, just give me a chance."
"I'm giving you that chance, but you've got to promise me that you won't let me down."
"I promise,"I nodded at him.
"Ok, Natalia's getting ready to head to your first crime scene."
"Thanks,"I smiled then he started to walk off,"Oh hey and H? What about a gun?"
"We'll talk about it later."
"Later,"I walked towards Natalia who was standing by the lab waiting for me.

"Hey Natalia,"I smiled,"Guess who gets to be your tag along today?"
"I know,"She smiled,"Horatio told me."
"So, what are we waiting for?"

We got to the Hummer and I rode shotgun to the crime scene.
"So, how'd date night go last night?"Natalia smiled at me.
"It went well,"I shrugged with a smile.
"So what happened?"
"Well we went out to dinner which was fun,"I smiled,"We talked about random things and well he is still single."
"And?"
"And then he dropped me off at home,"I shrugged,"Well my new home."
"Did he kiss you goodnight?"Natalia looked at me.
"Uh,"I blushed a little.
"Sylar, spill it,"Natalia looked at me with a smile now.
"Yes he did,"I blushed,"Ok, I kissed him first then he kissed me back."
"Aww, that's so cute."
"We're going on our second date this weekend."
"Aww, see I knew something good would happen,"She smiled at me.
"So where are we headed?"
"Country club,"She pulled into the parking lot,"A girl was found strangled there."
"Wow, I guess I'm thrown into this huh?"
"Yeah,"She smiled,"Tripp's already here, so you can help process."

I walked into the crime scene with Natalia to start processing the scene while people watched and Tripp talked to him. As I was going through some evidence, my phone buzzed telling me I had a text message. Looking down, it was from someone I didn't know but it was like the others I had been getting lately. I had no idea what they were since they were in Russian and I didn't speak Russian, so I always ignored them.

"Sy, you ok?"asked Natalia.
"Fine,"I closed my phone then headed to help your process the evidence.
"Right, so we'll head back to the lab and I'll set you up with Eric,"Natalia nodded at me.

Back at the crime lab, I was working with Eric now which wasn't so bad since I was just going over the evidence that I collected with Natalia. That's when my phone buzzed again, the same thing in Russian.

"Oh my god,"I rolled my eyes in annoyness,"This is the second time today I've gotten the same message and I have no idea what it is or who it's from."
"Wrong number maybe?"Eric shrugged.
"I don't know,"I shrugged,"I've gotten a lot of these but I don't know."
"How many exactly?"Eric stopped what he was doing to look at me.
"In the past week? 20,"I looked at him.
"Let me see your phone,"I handed Eric my phone as he looked at the text messages all in Russian in which his eyes went sorta wide, mainly getting a glare on his face as he read them.
"You swear to me you have no idea who this is from?"
"I swear to god,"I looked at him,"I don't even speak Russian, so how I could respond to them?"
"I need to talk to H,"Eric looked back at me.
"Why? What's going on?"
"Finish looking over this evidence,"Eric nodded to me,"I'll be right back."