Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

New Parents

3 days later, I was finally home. No more hospital and their food which I never eat since Ryan, Eric, or Jake would smuggled something in for me which was seat. Plus, no work which was also a good thing.

The only not good thing was the crying baby that was really fussy right now. Tyler wouldn't stop crying, no matter what I did. I feed him twice now, changed him 3 times, and even tried to rock him. All with in the past two hours. Right now, I was trying to calm him down by bouncing him as I walked back and forth in the living room.

"Please stop crying for mommy," I sighed, "Daddy had to go to work but he'll be back."

"Whoa, what did I walk into?" Jake walked in the door since I called him over, "The kid sounds like a bomb alarm."
"I've been trying to get him to stop crying but he won't," I sighed as Jake gave me a slight smile.
"I'll take him for you," Jake reached for him as I sat down on the chair watching him, "Hey there Tyler. I'm your uncle Jake."
I watched as he stood there with him and his crying stopped, "Oh, he stops crying for you."
"Don't worry, he'll get used to you," He smirked as he looked at me, "You're his mom, it's just a rough transition."
"Thanks, I think," I looked at him as he slowly started to rock him to sleep.
"So Ryan went to work, huh?"
"Yeah," I sighed rubbing my temple, "He had to work in the first place but still, he's getting to escape here."
"He'll be back," Jake smirked at me as Tyler slowly fell asleep, "Want him in his crib?"
"That'd be fantastic," I smiled as he got up to take him to the nursery in which it was now peaceful.

"Thank you so much," I smiled at him as he walked back into the room.
"Don't mention it. How'd you get him to sleep last night?"
"Vodka," I shrugged as Jake looked at me as I laughed, "I'm kidding. Last night wasn't too bad,"
"You are a first time mom, Sy," Jake nodded as he followed me into the kitchen, "Things are going to be tough."
"I know," I sighed as I got a diet coke and one for him as I slid it across the counter, "Just sometimes I wish it wasn't so stressful."
"Well, the only thing I can say is to be safe with Ryan next time, no more unsafe sex," He shrugged.
"You don't have to tell me twice," I rolled my eyes, "Labor for 4 hours is not my idea of a good time."
"So no more kids for you then?" Jake looked at me as I shrugged.
"Maybe another, but not for a while."
"But it's still an option right?"
"Of course," I smiled, "And no it won't be with you."
"Burn," He smirked.
"What gave you the idea that it would be with you?"
"Just a thought if something didn't work out with you and Ryan."
"We're engaged," I rolled my eyes, "I love him."

Later that night at dinner, Ryan finally walked through the door, placing his things where he usually did, making sure that they were in the right spot before walking over to me who was holding our soon who finally stopped crying again.

"There's my baby boy," Ryan smiled as he picked him up, "We're you good for mommy today?"
"No, he wouldn't stop crying," I rolled my eyes, "Then he did for his uncle Jake."
"Aww," Ryan looked at him, "That's just because he's got to get mommy's complete attention."
"I sure wish you were here," I sighed as he walked into the kitchen, "So how was work?"
"Long, boring," He looked at me, "Everyone asked about you."
"Aww, tell them when you go in tomorrow thank you."
"I will," He smiled as he leant over to kiss me, "Have I told you how much I love you lately?"
"Not really," I shrugged as he gave me a look.
"For real?"
"Eh."
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Sylar," Ryan looked at me, "I love you so much."
"It's ok, Ryan," I laughed, "I know you do. I love you too."

Just at that time, someone decided that they should ring the doorbell in which I rolled my eyes.

"You watch him, I'll go see who's at the door."
"Ok," He nodded as he made cute baby sounds at Tyler as I walked to the door.

Opening it, I was about to speak when standing in front of me was my mom. My mouth dropped open as she gave me a smile.

"Mom?"
"Hi, sweetie," She smiled, "Can I come in?"
"What do you want?" I asked while crossing my arms at her.
"To talk."
"We can talk outside," I mentioned as I pushed her outside then shut the door behind me, "So?"
"He's so cute," She smiled at me.
"Mom, no one's been able to find you for the longest time, don't act like everything's ok."
"I'm sorry sweetheart-"
"Stop," I glared at her, "Don't call me sweetie or sweetheart."
"Sylar, I know you're upset but there are some things that you don't understand right now."
"Like?" I crossed my arms as she looked at me.
"Eric's in trouble."
"What are you talking about?" I looked at her as she shook her head no, "No, you don't come all the way to my house after I haven't heard from you in a while and tell me that the one person who saved me is in trouble."
"I'm sorry, I'm just telling you what-"
"You don't get the right to say," I glared as she looked at me.
"I understand, when you're ready to talk. You know where to find me."

I watched as she walked off as I sighed then went back inside going for my purse and car keys.
"Sylar?" Ryan asked as he held onto Tyler.
"I'm sorry, I've got to go."
"Wait, go where?"
"Ryan, I can't tell you these things. Not right now, please just let me go take care of this."
"Will you be back?" Ryan asked as he walked closer to me.
"Yes," I ran a hand down his cheek, "I'll only be a few hours. Make sure he gets a bath and asleep ok. I love you."
"I love you too," He kissed me quickly, "And if anything gets too shady, call me."
"You're the first person on my list," I smiled as I walked out the door seeing that scared look on Ryan's eye.