Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

History Comes Back to Haunt

"What happened between you two?" Jake asked while looking at me as I shrugged.
"It was a fling."
"That's got you thinking," He smirked, "Come on, I'm your best friend. You can talk to me, even about this."
"I didn't even tell Drake about this," I looked at him as I got his full attention.
"Wow, it is serious."
"Yeah," I sighed as I shifted against the tree, "You know all of the stuff that happened between us, right?"
"Yeah, you hated each other in the public eye but got tangled up in sheets every night."

"Exactly," I nodded, "But what I never told anyone, was about those two weeks in Spain."
"What happened?"

"We ran off," I shrugged, "I was in love with him, I mean sure I hated that he fought with all those other girls but it was the image we kept up. We didn't want people to bother us, have cameras flash in our faces over everything, so we figured it was best that way. So, Spain was our escape after hiding from everyone for 7 months," I went to move again as I looked at Jake as he waited for me to go on, "5 days into the trip, Jesse started acting strange. Nervous and all, he was shifty, on edge. Then it happened. It was a beautiful night out, the stars shone, there was a slight breeze from the ocean, then he wrapped his arms around me to place sweet kisses on my neck. It was magical."

"Then what?" asked Jake as I looked at him.
"Remember this goes out to no one."
"Scouts honor," Jake smirked as I rolled my eyes.

"He said he had to talk about something to me. I was scared at first, scared it was the end of us right then and there, but I was wrong. He walked around the front of me to get down on one knee with a tiny box in his hands, opening to show me this gorgeous diamond ring. My head started swimming, my breath caught in my chest as he asked me to marry him."

"So what'd you say?" asked Jake as he looked at me.
"Yes," I looked off into the distance.
"But since that's not Jesse in there or his son, what happened?"
"We had been home a month since he asked me, a month was all it took. I came home one night to find this girl underneath Jesse, screaming his name. He was wasted but it didn't matter, my heart shattered."

"So that's why you've became so unsure about everything?" Jake nodded.
"Yes," I nodded biting my lip, "I lost trust in everything, everyone. Then everywhere I went, his stupid memory was floating, those same feelings, that hurt."
"You do know that Ryan's nothing like him, right?" Jaked asked as I nodded.
"I do," I smiled at him, "I love Ryan to death. I care so much about him and I know he feels the same way. It's just when I first got into things with him, the feelings Jesse left were still there."
"How long ago was it?"
"A year before I met Ryan," I nodded, "Then a week before meeting Ryan, we slept together, him thinking it'd make up from everything but I still felt hurt, it was just a crime of passion."
"Sy, I didn't know."
"No one did," I smiled lightly, "So, if you'd please keep that to yourself as well."
"I will."
"Thank you," I nodded as I pushed myself away from the tree, "Come on, everyone's probably worried about us now."

As I walked back into the house, I felt like a weight was now off my chest. Only I just didn't know that Ryan had stood next to the sliding glass door as he heard everything that I told Jake.

We walked inside into the house as Jake went to open the door for me.
"So are you excited about marrying Ryan?" asked Jake.
"I mean," I shrugged with a smile, "I've got butterflies in my stomach but I just want to be married now."
"Elope?"
"Suggested that earlier," I laughed as we walked towards the living, "He wasn't so into that idea."
"How'd he talk you out of it?"
"Not talk really?" I smirked as I looked at Jake, "I just wouldn't sit on the couch right now."
"Gross Sylar, Gross."

I smirked as I went to sit on Ryan's lap while placing a small kiss on his lips as I smiled at him.

"Calleigh and Natalia want to take you out dressing shopping this weekend."
"But I still have to loose weight," I whined looking at them.
"You'll be fine," Calleigh smiled, "It doesn't hurt to look.
"You don't mind of Tyler goes along?"
"Actually," Ryan started, "I'm taking him to H's that day so you don't have to worry about it."
"Thank you," I kissed him again as he nodded.
"We need to talk tonight though," He whispered in my ear as I nodded at him.