Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Can't Leave

"Dr. Woods, she's flatlining," One of the other doctors mentioned as Alexx rushed over to me.
"Not on my watch," Alexx mentioned as she started to shock me back alive, "Do not die on me baby girl, come on."

Sitting in the waiting room, Ryan was worried almost sick about me. He would just keep to himself as the others tried to talk to him but he just shut off.

Calleigh soon walked up to him to put Tyler in his arms as he looked down with a slight smile on his lips.

"He's got her eyes," Ryan laughed through his tears as he watched the small child squirm.
"She's in good hands," Calleigh smiled as Ryan looked at her.
"But what if-"
"Don't think that like," She stopped him as he held onto Tyler who was moving slightly.

About an hour went by as no one heard anything until Alexx walked out of the doors, pulling off her mask as she stopped by the door. My dad went to talk to her but no one could make out what they were talking about. Eric just seen the small smile she gave Horatio as Calleigh got up to go talk to her.

After Calleigh found out what was going on, she walked with a slight smile back to Ryan who was waiting on pins and needles at every word.

"She's out of surgery," Calleigh smiled at him, "She's in a recovery room upstairs if you want to go see her."
"Is it bad?"
"No," Calleigh shook her head, "She was hit in the shoulder, close to her heart, a major vein but she's going to just fine."
"I just told her all these things and-"
"Hey, she's fine, it'll all be ok," Calleigh smiled as he nodded.

Ryan soon walked to my room with everyone in which they all stayed a while but then went back to work or home, except Ryan who was by my side the entire time. Horatio took Tyler home so we didn't have to worry about him around the hospital. In my sleep, I felt a hand lightly touch mine which I wanted to wake up but I could feel pain in my shoulder and didn't want to get up just yet.

About an hour later, whatever pain medication I was on, wore off as my eyes shot up and I let out a scream.

"Nurse!" Ryan yelled as a nurse came rushing in to a screaming me and gave me another dose of morphine.
"Is she ok?" Ryan asked looking worried.
"She'll be fine," She gave him a smile, "I'll let a doctor know she awake."
"Thank you," He nodded as he sat down next to me again and I turned my eyes towards Ryan.
"Ryan?"
"Hey," Ryan smiled as his thumb ran across the back of my palm.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to kiss Jesse back. I don't want to lose you. I want you to stay, I want to be with you, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I cried out as Ryan stopped me.
"Hey, none of that matters now," Ryan smiled at me lightly as he kissed my foreheard, "You rest ok?"
"I can't, I don't want you to hate me."
"I don't hate you," He smiled as he moved hair out of my way, "I love you."
"But you told me not to come home tonight."
"I didn't mean it."
"But-"
"You almost died on me," He chuckled slightly, "It took that for me to realize how small of a crisis that was."
"Wow, gee," I shot him a weak look as he bent down to kiss me.
"Do you know what happened?" Ryan asked as he looked at me.
"Yeah," I sighed as I attempted to sit up but couldn't, "My mom shot me."
"What?"
"She shot me," I tried to keep my eyes open but felt pain slowly stop, "I'm sorry, I'm so tired."
"It's the morphine," He smiled, "You get some sleep."

In the morning, I remember waking up for a while, no Ryan and then he was back with coffee as he sat next to me.

"Where's our son?" I asked while slowly pulling myself up with one arm.
"He's with the baby sitter," He nodded.
"When do I get to go home?"
"Noon," Ryan nodded to see it was 10, "Tripp's going to question you about the shooting in a few minutes and then you'll be ready to go."
"Ok."
"And the doctor told me to tell you, no breast freeding, work, or any crazy stunts for 3 weeks."
"No work for 3 weeks?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow, "You've got to be kidding me?"
"Ok, so he said one week," Ryan smirked at me, "I thought you could use a vacation."
"Being bored is not a vacation," I glared at him.
"Sorry."
"But that kiss with," I tried to put it into words, "Are you giving me a second chance?"
"Yeah," Ryan smiled, "I just realized how easy it was to lose you for good and I couldn't bear it."
"Thanks, I think," I looked at him as he gave me a smile.
"Don't mention Mrs. Wolfe."
"What?" I looked shocked at him, "Did we elope when I was out? What year is it?"
"3000," He smirked as I wanted to smack him but couldn't. "No, we didn't. I was just seeing how it would sound."
"Like it?" I smirked as his smile grew wider.
"When you get me a ring," He laughed.
"Shut up."

Soon after Tripp questioned me about the shooting and then the doctor let me go home. I had to go in for formal questioning tomororw which I wasn't looking forward too. Plus Ryan was hiding something he knew about my mom which I wanted to know but didn't press him to say anything right now. And because of doctor's orders, I couldn't work, breast feed, do heavy lifting, or have sex. The last one didn't hurt me much, but I knew it was going to hurt Ryan, oh well.

Getitng home, Ryan helped me into the house where Natalia was now watching Tyler as Ryan helped me to the couch.I ended up sleeping most the day since I was still in pain as Ryan took care of Tyler. By time Tyler was in bed again, I was now wide awake, laying against a sleep Ryan whom I slowly poked as his snoring stopped.

I smirked as I watched him move against the shadows from the TV on his face as he looked down at me.

"Huh?"
"I'm awake," I whispered up at him.
"I can tell," He yawned as he looked at me, "What's up?"
"What do you know about my mom?" I asked as I looked at him as he looked shocked.
"What?"
"Aww come on Ryan, just tell me," I moved slightly, "It's not like she's my best friend right now."
"Ok," He nodded.
"Besides the only other thing I was thinking was something I can't do for a week yet?"
"Work?"
"No."
"Lifting?'
"No."
"Tyler?"
"No," I shook my head as I waited for him to catch on.
"Me?"
"Yes," I laughed as he smirked,
"Honestly right now, after all that, I'd rather just sit and talk for hours on end about what you did, even if it was boring."
"Aww thank you," I smiled.
"So I feel I should tell you what I know huh?"
"Yup."
"Ok, brace yourself for this," He said while taking a deep breath, "You're mom was the shooter at the bank shootings yesterday morning."