Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Happy Birthday cut short

It's been a week since I heard from Eric, the last time I heard from him, he was in California. I missed him but if he needed to get away, he needed to get away. Right now, I was back at the track on Friday, the day before Ryan's birthday. He was at work and technically I was at work too but still, I was probably having more fun that what he was right now. Jake had to work too so Caleb's girlfriend, Sarah was watching Tyler. Sarah was a total sweetheart, loved kids, always made sure Tyler was safe. Both Ryan and I really trusted her since she's watched him many times when everyone else had to work or something along those lines. That and she checked in every 2 hours even though she didn't have to.

I had Caleb and Kyle out at the track with me right now as we decided to go over runs for a competition that was happening this weekend. There was still an amateur competition which they were competiting in which they were nervous but no where as nervous as I was. I mean this was my first time coming back to the pros since I had Tyler. It was nerve wrecking since things clicked but at the same time, I was seriously in need of getting back into shape yet.

We had the speakers going to the track field, blaring some 69 Eyes and HIM right now. It was my choice since I felt the need to listen to them as we took our runs and raced. As I decided to give the boys a break, I went to work on my freestyle that I was planning on using next weekend. Pulling whips, supermans, cliffhangers, heel clickers, flips, and combos of everything, I just zoned out which felt so good right now.

Finally having my bike come to a stop, I noticed that Jake was sitting on the fence post watching me as he nodded as I rode over to him then took off my helmet.

"You left this?" Jake smirked as I caught my breath.
"I know right? It's not that that's bugging me."
"What is?" He asked as I lifted my shirt a little, "I used to have abs but since I had Tyler, they've melted away."
"Nuh uh," Jake poked my stomach, "They're coming back."
"Stop," I shoved him lightly while rolling my eyes.
"But they are," He smiled then shrugged, "It's not like those two don't need the conditioning too."
"You're right," I smirked, "Join us?"
"Of course," He smiled as we went to work on running around the track, then strength training.

Finally when I got home, I was so beat that I made my way to the shower then came back out to take care of Tyler for a bit before putting him to bed than crashing as soon as I got to bed. The next morning, I woke up to Tyler crying but I was already half awake since I was so excited about this concert tonight.

Which meant at 2, I smiled as Ryan was playing airplane with Tyler.
"What?"
"Go, get changed, Alexx is picking up Tyler for the day."
"What? Why?"
"Because it's your birthday," I smiled at him as he gave me a look.
"What if I want to spend it with my son?"
"You can, I just don't think you want to take him to a concert."
"Sylar," Ryan raised his eyebrows at me as I slid the tickets over to him, "Bon Jovi? But how?"
"I have my ways," I smirked as he kissed me quickly, "Now, I'll take Tyler from you as you go change."
"Aren't you?" He questioned as I looked down at my shirt and jeans.
"No," I shook my head as I looked dead serious, "I'm just going to sleep with Jon Bon Jovi, so no need."
"Sylar!" Ryan stopped as I couldn't help but laugh.
"I'm kidding," I smirked as he let out a sigh, "If it was anyone, it'd be Richie Sambora."
"Sylar Deegan Caine, you're going to be the death of me," He mumbled as he headed to change.
"I love you!" I shouted at his retreating back.
"Yeah yeah, I love you too," He mumbled as I smirked.
"Come on, kid," I looked at Tyler with a smile, "Let's go find you something to eat before Alexx gets here."

That night, we were sitting through some opening band that was ok but just wasn't my thing right now. Finally when Bon Jovi came on, it was so much fun, I danced with Ryan and he held me in his arms during the ballads. By time the concert was over, it was close to one in the morning as we headed out to his car.

"Happy Birthday," I smiled as I kissed him on the cheek.
"Thank you," He smiled at me.
"Don't mention it," I leant against the seat as I looked at him, "What do you say we go get our beautiful son?"
"I like that idea," He smiled as we headed to Alexx's house to pick up Tyler then head home.

I was just about to fall asleep again around 3 am when my phone decided to ring which meant I had to move out of Ryan's warm arms.

"Hello?" I yawned.
"Sylar?" It was Tripp, why on earth is he up at 3 am.
"What Tripp?"
"You've been asked to work with Detective Jake Berkely on case."
"Couldn't it wait til morning?" I groaned as I wanted nothing more than to fall back asleep in Ryan's arms.
"It's a high end murder, a politician was murder just two hours ago," He explained as I listened, "At least that's when it was called in."
"But why couldn't they find someone else? You know Jesse or someone?"
"It was specific to you," Tripp said again.
"And did they say why?" I questioned as I moved to get out of bed.
"No."
"Fine," I sighed as I went to find shoes, "I guess I don't need sleep then."

Hanging up the phone, Ryan watched me as I found a hair tie then fixed my make up.

"What's going on?" Ryan asked as he was near sleep.
"Murder doesn't sleep," I mumbled as I walked over to the edge, "And neither does the town of Miami."
"You have to go in?" He asked as I nodded.
"I've been specifically asked," I shrugged as I leant down to him.
"By Horatio?"
"No," I shook my head as I kissed him quickly, "Don't worry, you get some sleep ok?"
"Are you going to be ok?"
"I'll be fine," I smiled as I pulled away from him, "Sorry I couldn't spend more time with you."
"It's ok," He smiled at me, "I'll still be here."
"Night and I love you."

As I walked out the door, I knew why I had been called in. There was this guy that I was trying to get who was a serial killer. He killed so many people in Chicago where I was for a while and Jake had been working with me on the case. He hadn't done anything in over 5 years so everyone figured he was either caught on some minor thing, or died. I guess those guesses were wrong since he was now in Miami in which I had to pull all my strings as a profiler to get this guy again.