Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Bruises and Paparazzi

Ryan was at home watching the competition with Tyler sitting in his play pen along with Calleigh, Natalia, and Eric in the same room. Horatio was stuck at the office for a while but he was planning to get there. Ryan was already nervous enough while he watched the boys compete then me.

"Relax, Ryan," Eric laughed, "She's a professional, she knows what she's doing."
"Doesn't mean she won't get hurt," He looked at the screen as Eric rolled his eyes at him a bit.
The doorbell rang as Calleigh smiled lightly, "It's probably Horatio, I'll get it for you."

My dad walked into the room just as I was about to pull the trick that left me free falling to the ground. As they watched the crash, their mouths dropped open as they watched me fall to the ground, as Ryan could do nothing more than pray that I'd be ok.

Back to me falling, all I could feel was the wind from falling at the high elevation. Closing my eyes before I hit the ground, I hit with a thud in which I knew at first all the wind had been knocked out of me. I couldn't open my eyes but felt my own body move onto it's back as I heard the stadium grow deadly quiet.

I laid there trying to catch my breath as I heard people rush over to me but didn't move.

"Can you hear me?" I heard a paramedic ask as my eyes slowly opened to have a bright light shine into them, "Can you tell me where it hurts?"

Like I could speak right now, I rolled my eyes as I pointed to my ribs which were in pain.

After pulling myself up off the dirt, I was taken to the hospital in which Jake rode with me there.

"Hey," Jake smiled down at me, "You just had to be the daredevil huh?"
"Of course," I gave him a light smile as I groaned in pain.
"Just relax Sy," Jake smiled as he held my hand lightly.

I was rushed into the ER, then straight to so many different x-rays, I felt like a science experiment. The results that came in were that I had two bruised ribs, one on each side and a hairline fracture right wrist. I got extremely lucky since I knew what happened could've been a lot worse.

I was just in a daze as Jake called Ryan to tell him what was going on from the pain medicine. I knew Ryan was relieved though since I heard Jake let out a small chuckle which was probably at the big breath Ryan had been holding the entire time.

Once I got back to my hotel room, Jake helped me in as I told Caleb and Kyle what all the damage was. After they heard I was ok, they decided to go out with some other amatuer riders as I slowly sat in a chair with a wince.

"So I take it that means that party tonight's out of question?" Jake smirked as he sat my gear bag down on the chair next to me.
"Are you kidding me?" I raised an eyebrow, "I didn't die."
"Sylar, no."
"Jake, I'm not in too bad shape, please."
"No."
"Aww come on," I gave him puppy dog eyes, "Everyone was worried about me."
"No."
"Please," I pleaded again as Jake tried to look away.
"Not the puppy dog eyes," He sighed as I pouted more, "Ok, fine. But if you feel any pain, anything, we're gone."
"Thanks," I smiled up at him, "You can be my body guard too."
"Figured," He rolled his eyes as I smiled.

The party wasn't too bad, it was just mainly a lot of the riders and their girlfriends and wives. Then managers and what not. So when I arrived, everyone had to ask me how I was and if I was going to compete the rest of the weekend or next. I told them what the doctor told me that I had to take some time out to recover but I would be back.

As the dancefloor called my name, I drug Jake out to it and started dancing with him. Even though we were grinding together, it didn't mean anything to either of us. It was just friendly dancing but to the paparazzi that snuck into the club, it was their big break or their juicy photo that they needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday morning finally came as I walked off the plane to find Ryan waiting with Tyler outside the gate as I walked up to them since I couldn't really run.

"I missed you so much," I smiled as Ryan hugged me lightly.
"Guess I've got to be careful with you huh?"
"Yeah," I smirked at him, "Just for a while, like a week or so, just so my ribs can heal."
"You scared me half to death."
"I know," I smirked, "I scared everyone."
"You weren't?"
"A little," I shrugged, "I just don't like to think about what could've happened since I don't want it to jinx me in the future."
"I'm just glad you're ok," Ryan kissed me again asTyler let out a small giggle.
"Did you behave for daddy?" I questioned as I kissed his cheek softly.
"He did for the most part. He was fussy a few times and the car ride thing does work."
"Told you," I smirked at him, "How was security duty?"
"Interesting," Ryan nodded as we walked to baggage claim, "It was for a party Jesse was at which quickly turned to a murder investigation."
"Wow, and I miss out on all the fun," I laughed as he rolled his eyes.
"Yeah well at least you're second job is a lot more interesting than mine."
"Ryan, you're a CSI before anything else. And well a cop before that, you're just as cool of a parent."
"Yeah but when he's growing up, he's going to chose daredevil over security."
"You'd be surprised," I smirked at him as we waited by the round luggage thing, "He may take after his dad, godfather, and grandpa."
"Let's hope without all the demons though."
"Of course," I smirked, "Or he could surprise us all and be some football star."
"Now you've got my hopes up."
"Shut up," I shoved him lightly as I got all my things then headed to Ryan's car.
"Come on, everyone's waiting at home. It's supposed to be a surprise but they wanted to see you and make sure you're ok."
"Just can't keep a secret huh, Wolfe?" I joked as he rolled his eyes again.

Just as we were walking to the car, I thought it was my imagation or the side effect of the pain pills but I could've sworn that a paper in the airport read "Sylar Caine's new man?"

Finally getting home, I sat my bags down as everyone was all smiling to see me. I just wanted nothing but to spend it with Ryan but right now was ok too. Eric had taken Tyler as Ryan was sitting at the barstool talking to Walter as I walked over to him to straddle his lap.

"Hey Sylar," Walter mentioned as I wrapped my arms around Ryan's neck.
"Hey," I smiled lightly but kept looking into Ryan's eyes.
"I'm going to go see what's up with everyone else," Walter mentioned quickly as I smirked.
"Well hello to you too," Ryan looked at me as I leant further down to him.
"Just shut up," I mumbled as my lips met his which he caught then kissed back.

We were making out on the barstool like we were the only ones in the room as Ryan's hands slowly and softly touched my sides, as to not hurt me.

"Hey lovebirds," Eric mentioned from the side of us, "Care to oin the rest of us?"
"Come on," I broke away from Ryan as I moved off him then held out my hand to help him up.