Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Heading to Vegas

"Do you really have to go?" asked Ryan as he watched me pack my suitcases from the doorway.
"Ryan, this is my case. I need to finish it."
"But what if you're in Vegas for like forever?"
"I won't be," I zipped up the suitcase to look at him, "I promise you, the longest I'll still is two weeks."
"Two weeks?"
"Ryan," I smiled as I walked over to him, "Chillax, I'll be fine. You'll be fine, trust me."
"I'll just miss you," Ryan looked around the room as I smiled.
"I'll call you every night, promise. Just be strong for me, ok?"
"Ok," He nodded slowly as I kissed him lightly.
"Now, no more sad smiles. We've both got the day off with our son."
"What are you thinking?" He asked as his hands moved down my sides lightly.
"I was thinking we could take him to the park, maybe get some ice cream. Then later tonight me and you can have our own fuin," I smirked as I watched his smile grow.
"I like the way you think."
"I know you do," I smirked as I walked past him, "Go get the carseat ready."

I went to get Tyler out of his room in which he was just moving around in the crib as we headed out to the car. Only now, my normal lifestyle that I had was about to change. I was no longer just an FMX rider that competed every now and then, since I threw the unbelievable trick at that last competition, I was now followed around more.

That's what happened when we got to the park. We weren't aware of it but cameras had found out we were going to the park with our son. So when they did, we were surrounded by flashing lights.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," Ryan mumbled as we went to walk towards the swings.
"No, they need to step off!" I glared at them which Ryan gave me a look, "Sorry."
"Maybe we should just go home," Ryan suggested with a shrug, "You know have a nice quiet day in."
"But it's my last day with you," I looked at him, "I want to be able to be outside in the warm Miami sun with my son, with you."
"Just let it die down for now," Ryan looked at me as I gave into him and headed back to the car with Tyler in my arms.

We got back to the house which I was a bit disappointed in doing but Ryan made it fun. We had started a kids movie marathon, ordered in for pizza, and made cookies for the first time with Tyler. Granted he didn't know what was going on but he was smiling when Ryan threw flour at me, which I found cute but knew where it would be going.

By time it was 8, Tyler was out like a light as I cleaned up the kitchen and picked up the random toys that were laying around the floor.

"So, I never did get to met your parents," I mentioned as Ryan walked back into the kitchen.
"They came when you were at a competition," He shrugged.
"But you've met my crazy mom and you work for my dad."
"Sylar, you seriously don't want to meet them."
"Why?" I questioned as I looked at him.
"They're not the nicest people."
"Ryan, seriously, what's so bad about them?"
"They don't like you."
"I haven't even met them."
"It doesn't matter," He shook his head, "I'm on really shaky ground with them since-"
"They disowned you?" I gave him a sympathic look.
"Yeah."
"Then why let them come see Tyler?" I questioned not really understanding it.
"I wanted him to at least know his grandparents."
"But it bothers you," I walked closer to him to wrap my arms around his waist, "I don't like seeing you so upset about them."
"I'm fine," He smiled down at me.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Then you're not pissed about earlier today?"
"No," He sighed, "It wasn't your fault."
"I just want to have that normal life," I looked down, "I guess I messed that up huh?"
"Hey," Ryan lifted my chin to look into my eyes, "Whatever happens, I'm here for you. I'll never leave, you understand?"
"Yeah," I nodded as he smiled.
"Alright," He hugged me tightly as he let out a soft chuckle, "Now I clearly remembering someone saying that we could have some fun tonight?"

I smirked as I lead Ryan to our bedroom. Ryan was super careful with me this night because of the bruising that I got earlier from my crash. This kisses were tender as he placed them on my collar bone then down to my rib cage which I jumped a little at the contact. As the nervousness of being in pain passed, his sweet soft kisses felt good against the purple and green markings that were now apparent on my flesh. Slowly he started to take the rest of my clothes off followed my his as the shadows that were dimly light danced everywhere.

I woke to the sound of the alarm this time at 6 am, covered only slightly by a sheet and Ryan's arm around my waist. I readjusted my eyes to the light as I moved in the bed slightly.

"Ignore it, maybe it won't be real," Ryan mumbled as I turned to look at him.
"Sorry," I smiled at him lightly as his eyes looked into mine, "I've got to get ready to go."
"I know," He ran a finger down my arm as I shivered, "I just wish I could go with you."
"It's not your fight," I smiled at him, "Besides Tyler needs to be here with you."
"I'll go get him up so he can say goodbye to you," Ryan smiled as he went to get out of bed, throwing on his clothes from yesterday.

I got dressed in an outfit that I had out for today already as I did my make up lightly then found my sunglasses. By time it was 7, I had all my bags in the car as I waited for Ryan and Tyler to come downstairs.

"Ryan, come on," I mentioned as I heard him get the diaper bag, "Stalling won't avoid this."
"I know," He sighed as he handed me Tyler, "I was hoping that it would though."
"Figures," I smirked as I got Tyler in the car then headed to the airport.

"Alright," I stood next to the gate while still holding Tyler, "This is where I leave the two of you."
"Already?"
"Yeah," I nodded as I looked at my phone, "I've got to go through the security and everything."
"Ok," He nodded as I handed him Tyler again.
"You be good for daddy, ok?" I kissed him on the forehead quickly, "I love you."
"Call us when you get there," Ryan looked at me as I nodded.
"I will," I smiled as I ran a hand down Ryan's cheek then went up to kiss him, "I love you."
"I love you too," He whispered lightly as I kissed him again.
"Ok, if I don't stop, I won't be able to get to Vegas," I smirked as I seen a tear fall from Ryan's eye.
"Be safe, Sylar," Ryan took a deep breath as I felt my heart start to break.
"I love you guys, I'll be home soon."
"Say bye mommy," Ryan took Tyler's hand to wave as I felt the tears trying not to fall.
"Bye," I kissed them one last time as I took my carry-on then made my way to Vegas.