The Perfect Drug

One.

"Good morning Orange County it's a beautiful October morning, so wakeup with your favourite alternative radio station," Lori heard her radio alarm clock go off, it blasted out Price of Reality by Amen. She groaned and rolled over to her front, it was another normal day for her, waking up at eight in the morning, work, home for dinner then bed. Nothing new..
She wandered out of bed fixing her messy hair and finding her towel. She walked over to her best friends bedroom dodging the hundreds of shoes cluttering the hallway.

"Dee, come on work," she said dully, shaking her.

"Just 5 more minutes, mom," she mumbled swatting her hand away.

"No, now come on we're going to be late," Lori sighed, this alone was a chore. Dee, rose from her bed and walked slowly to the bathroom. Lori wandered to her own bathroom and had a quick shower, she got changed for work in a pair of black trousers and her work t shirt, she tied her silky black hair in a messy pony tail and dodged down the stairs. Dee was sitting on the breakfast counter nibbling on some toast, there was a plate waiting for Lori as usual.

"Hey Deedee," she yawned.

"Hey sweet pea," Dee smiled, she flicked on the radio that was set on the counter next to her.

"I'm sitting here with Synyster Gates and M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold,"

"Oh em gee! A7X!" Dee screamed jumping up and down. Lori rolled her eyes and carried on listening to the radio show. As much as she was used to Dee‘s hyperactive nature, she was never really a morning person..

"So guys, you've got your intimate show tomorrow right?"

"Yeah, it's great, a small club with a few people it's going to be a lot of fun," Synyster replied.

"But your whole tour starts next month?" he asked again.

"Yeah, we're really excited about that," Shadows replied. Dee looked at the radio, with a smile on her face waiting for her favourite guitarist to reply.

"Do you tend to miss your family on the road a lot then?"

"Yeah, of course we do, but I'm with my best friends, so I'm okay on tour," Syn replied again, Lori watched as her friend practically glued her ear to the radio.

"What about the girlfriends? Eh?" The interviewer laughed.

"Of course, I love my girlfriend very much, she used to go out on the road with us but not anymore, Rev's happily engaged and Johnny's got himself a new girlfriend, she's a lovely person," Shadows answered.

"I've been with mine for three years now and we're very happy together."

"Damn it! Why Syn?! Why?!" Dee shouted at the radio, throwing the crust from her toast towards it.

"What about Zacky?"

"Well, ladies Zacky Vengeance is single-"

"Single?!" The interviewer interrupted Synyster, "Girls it's your lucky day, Zacky Vengeance is single," Lori's chocolate brown eyes grew wider, "and how about a new Avenged Sevenfold song? Here's Almost Easy, we'll be back with Avenged Sevenfold after this," The interviewer finished as it cut out to Almost Easy.

"LORI! Did you hear that?!" Dee shouted shaking her best friend.

"What?" She replied sarcastically.

"Zacky Vengeance. Single. You. Single. DO I HAVE TO MAKE MYSELF CLEARER?!" she shouted.

"For Christ's sake Dee, thousands of people have a crush on Zacky, it's a normal thing for teenagers, and nothing will happen," Lori shrugged.

"Yes Lori, teenagers, you're a grown ass woman!" she replied, Dee knew her like the back of her hand, Lori had the biggest crush on Zacky Vengeance since she was 18, it was something that never changed, but she wasn't in denial. Unlike certain other girls she had met, she was more into the band for the music, Zacky Vengeance just happened to be a bit of eye candy for her.
"But Lori, we have tickets for the intimate show tomorrow!" Dee yelled jumping up and down. She saw the look on Lori's face, it wasn't a happy one. Lori bit the corner of her lip and her eyes trailed down to the floor, "Lori, are you forgetting that I lined up over night for these tickets you could at least be a little excited," Dee said through gritted teeth.

"Dee, sorry, I'm really excited, I'm just tired," Lori sighed. True, she was tired, but she just remembered Dee's and hers all important rule The next time A7X play in LA, we stay behind as long as we can and meet the band. That was it, and an intimate show means that there's a bigger chance.

"Good!" She gave Lori a hug, "Come on, I'll be late for work," she finished her toast and ran to go and get her coat. Lori grabbed her jacket and her car keys and wandered to the car, locking the front door behind her. "Oh, Lori, we should get that fixed," Dee said as she opened the very squeaky passenger door. The car, to be completely honest, was a hunk of junk. But as Lori explains to people:

It may be a hunk of junk, but it's MY hunk of junk that I paid for which was fair enough.

"Don't worry, I'm planning on it, that's what I'm saving up for," she replied getting into the car and slamming the door. She threw all of the empty McDonald's paper cups and burger boxes in the back seat. She started the engine and "Trashed and Scattered" started to play.

"I can't WAIT until tomorrow!" Dee beamed opening the window next to her.

"Me neither, it's going to be awesome! Have you got your costume ready?" Lori asked tapping her fingers along to music on the steering wheel.

"Yep, you?" Lori nodded her head.

"Here's your stop," Lori said turning the car into the parking lot at the mall, "Do you need me to pick you up?" She asked as Lori got out and slammed the car door shut.

"Nah, it's okay, I finish at 2 today, I'm gonna hang out a bit then I'll walk."

"We live about a 20 minute walk away, why don't you just walk here?" Lori laughed.

"Well, it's on your way here," Dee smiled, "I gotta go, I'll see you tonight, ily!" Dee laughed.

"I love you too," Lori smiled, "you crazy bitch," Lori muttered to herself and carried on driving to her work.

"Oh my God!" Zacky panted rushing back into his house, "For fucks sake Brian," he whispered. He wandered over to his answer machine.
3 new messages:
Zacky, I'm so sorry! The interviewer just kind of got it out of me! I really didn't mean to say that, look I'll be there in about an hour and we'll have a talk and some beers.
Yeah, that whole radio fiasco did cost Zack his morning trip to the store to get some cigarettes. He didn't really fancy being chased by a group of teenage girls at 9 in the morning which, ironically, happened.

Next Message:
Zachary James Baker, I heard about what happened, when on earth did you break up with Gena?! Anyway, I'll be over later, I haven't seen you in a while, bye sweetie.

He paused the message from his mother and laughed lightly to himself.

Last Message:
Hey Zack, it's me, I'm coming over to get the rest of my things I couldn't pack in time, and if you're ready I think we should have a talk-

He stopped and deleted the message. Yes it was Gena, his now ex girlfriend.
"I guess I'll help you out with your things then," he sighed reaching under the sink and pulling out a roll of black bin bags. Things are going to be very different now he thought to himself.

Little did he know, he was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please
I'm gonna update loads tomorrow too as soon as I come back from work :]
I need to go to bed....