Status: Completed

Forgive Me For I Have Syn'd

That little voice is such a bitch

Maria's P.O.V

Brian was still out with Michelle and Katriana was asleep. Night crept up on me and I felt so restless. Downstairs, I sat on the couch and was currently reading a short Harlequin novel. The rain was falling heavily, the night deadly silent. Somehow, despite reading a romance (because reading about another romance may dampen my non-existent relationship, but it's nice) I felt as if in a horror. Basically, I was alone, with no one to protect me and now I'm getting paranoid.

Rain pounded on the windows, and I could hear faint thunder. Great, how cliche. Suddenly, someone banged their fists on the freont door and I jumped. I walked cautiously to it and stopped. It's probably just Brian. Feeling foolish, I went quickly to the door. I opened it but there was no one there. I sighed and went to close the door. "Boo" someone said behind me. I screamed loudly. The murderer was already inside! I turned around and saw Gary laughing his ass off. I looked at him, slammed the door and walked right past him.

"Oh come on Maria! It was just a joke!" he exclaimed, following me. I pouted.

"Dude, you're supposed to be back in North!" I said. He nodded.

"True, but I can't really go back now that I sold the house and everything,"

"Yeah well--" I said then it hit me. I stared at him. Then I let out another loud scream and jumped on him.

"Delayed reaction?" he asked, holding me in his grasp. I slapped his arm.

"Fuck you Gary," I said. He scrunched up his nose.

"Only guys hun. Only guys,"

"Whatever! But oh my gosh! This is awesome! I always knew you loved me," I said. Gary scoffed and put me down.

"Please! I came for Nick. He's mighty fuckable,"

"You know. He actually called you sexy, the least you could do is return the compliment,"

"Yeah but he isn't here,"

"So? Geez, even gay and yet you're still a dumbass,"

"I know you me, you know I want 'cha!"

"Calle ocho? Seriously?" I asked. He nodded. Then the door opened, revealing Brian and a very slutty Michelle hanging off of him.

"Wow, you have another man around you already?" she sneered.

"Gary's my friend," I said defensively. Michelle rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, I'm guessing he won't fuck you,"she said. I saw Gary clench his fists.

"Oh, like the man you're so desperately clingling to? What are you trying to do? See if you'll get an orgasm by just rubbing up on him?" Gary said menacingly.

"Cool it," I said to him and then turned to Brian, "Control your sluts please, they obviously don't when to shut the fuck up," I saw Michelle gape at me and I smirked. Brian cleared his throat.

"Um, I think you should leave," he said.

"What? You're taking her advice? Why don't they leave? Then we can have some fun" she said seductively.

"I have my daughter here!" he bellowed, "Leave," I stared at Brian. Michelle was clearly dismissed, but it was cold the way he said it. Michelle left, clearly not wanted.

"I'm going to sleep," Brian said and walked away. I shook my head. Yup, still a prick.

"What happened between you two?"

"I'll explain later," I said.

"Alright, bye babes," he said and left to wherever the hell he currently lived, "I'll call,"

I sighed as I watched Gary leave. Brian and I still shared the bedroom upstairs and I don't really want to confront him at the moment. I stayed down by the kitchen, drinking some tea. I figured I'll just read out the novel and hopefully fall asleep in the process.

Brian's P.O.V

I stared at the celing as I lay on the bed. I don't know why I was overcome with such intense jealousy earlier when I saw Maria and that Nick person, but I was. What's more, is that I was actually retarded enough to hope that Maria would be jealous if I went out with Michelle. I guess I got a reaction, but she's back to calling my 'Syn'. I can't help but feel as if I fucked up royally when Michelle came back with me to the house.

I sighed. Restlessly, I turned to my side. I stared at the empty space Maria occupied on the bed. She doesn't know it, but I sometimes just look at her when she was asleep. She always looked angelic. I thought of the beautiful little girl she raised on her own. Maria did an amazong job. She may not know it, but Katriana and herslef have only brought happiness in my life since they came here. I know I've been a prick most of the times but I just can never seem to get past Maria cheating on me.

How are you so sure she cheated? A little voice asked.

Michelle is one of my good friends and she was the one who told me Maria cheated.

Michelle pretty much always throws herslef at you, why wouldn't Michelle lie? The voice asked again.

Michelle wouldn't be that devious. She's my friend first before anything else, she would want me to be happy.

Then why when you fucked that slut years back, that Maria looked so shattered? So hurt? So surprised? Why is it that--

Okay shut up you goddamn voice, I thought, annoyed.

I'm in your head. I can't shut up.

Jeez, that little voice is pissing me off, I thought, and now I'm having arguments with myself! I'm going insane.

Technically, the argument is in your mind not spoken out loud, so no one would know.

"Quit being such a smartass," I grumbled. Now, I fully am not able to sleep. Deciding to get something to drink, I went to the kitchen. Maybe it was also a reason to talk to 'Ria.

Grabbing a glass of water, I made my way to the brightly lit livingroom. What I saw, however, was Maria sleeping peacefully, a book lying on her stomach. I could leave her there, but I knew I would never do that.

That's 'cause you love her. Said that voice again.

Oh you're back, I thought irritably. Neverless, I scooped Maria into my arms, and carefully made my way back to our room. Delicately, I put her down on the bed. The moonlight shone on her face and her eyes fluttered open. "Brian?" she asked softly. I don't know why but my heart lurched forward as she said my name.

"Shh, go back to sleep honey," I said. Her eyelids drooped.

"I'm sorry. I don't like when we fight..." she said, her voice trailing off as she fell asleep. I laid back down on the bed.

"Me either," I said softly, closing my eyes, slowly giving in to oblivion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, so I thought Brian's part was a bit sweet.... especially since he wasn't being such a dickwad :) Anyway, thank you my kickass commenteters:

pyromaniac123 (Actually hun, it's practically the beginning of the year but I have to study like shit! :( So the updates won't come as frequently as both you and I want, unfortunately)
Dezi Demize
Dark Passion Play
(it's okay of you forgot to subscribe, once you subscribed now :) )
bloodravyn
A7XLover
XSyd Sweet SinsX
(I know! I knda made Brian a real pussy! :) )