Status: Completed

Forgive Me For I Have Syn'd

This Is My Compromise.

"What?" I asked confused. Syn was beside me.

"She-- we-- us," Gary said, panicking.

"Slow down," I said.

"Katriana,"my heart stopped, "We were playing hide and seek with her and she fell down. We thought it was a simple bruise, but she didn't wake up. Kurt and I are at the hospital. I--I am so sorry,"

"I'm coming," I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"What's going on?" Brian demanded.

"None of your concern,"

"Maria,"

"My daughter is hurt. Okay? Happy now?" I asked.

"You have a daughter? Where's the father?"

"Yes, I have a daughter. The father, like all my other ex-boyfriends, left me. He isn't here,"

"I'm coming with you," he said.

"No!" I said. Katriana and Brian looked the same. Put them together and you know she's his child. I can't have that.

"Yes, now let's go," he said and pulled me towards his car. He drove quickly towards the hospital. We arrived in the hospital and I demanded to see my child.

The doctor came out to talk to me. "Katriana is fine. She just has a little bump on her head. Other than that, she is healthy," he said and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Mommy?" came the soft voice behind me.

"Oh my baby! Are you okay?" I said, embracing Katriana.

"I'm fine momma," she said.

"Maria, who is the father?" Brian asked. I froze and turned to him.

"You," I said in a quiet voice.

"I'm going now but I guarantee you, we're going to talk tomorrow," he said and stalked off.

~~~~***.....***.....***~~~~

The next day the doorbell rang revealing exactly who I thought it was. A pissed off Brian Haner. Thankfully, Kat wasn't here.

"She is my daughter! I've missed out so much in her life already. She doesn't even know who I am. Why didn't you tell me?" his loud voice boomed. Was that hurt in his voice?

"I was going to. A few days after you broke it off with me, I found out I was pregnant but what excatly did you tell me?" silence. I smiled bitterly, " You told me I was a slut and that you don't want to hear any of my 'lies'. If it's anyone's fault that you don't know Katriana, it's yours. Because you were stupid even to think I cheated on you. You still are,"

"I want to know her, for her to know me as her dad,"

'And? What do you propse? For us to be married so that you can know her?"

"Now that you mention it, why not? Marry me and come back to Huntington Beach,"

"No. hell no,"

"Well, I didn't want to do this but do you actually want me to file for sole custody of Katriana? The odds are in my favour, seeing as she just recently bruised her head in your care. You don't have much to support her with. I have so much money and my family would take care of her when I'm away. Do you really want me to make your life hell? Separate you from your daughter?" I tried not to cry. I have no choice. I have to agree. "Ofcourse, our marriage would be strictly business. We'll both have custody of Katriana but we can both date and whatever," I can't marry him. Sure, he's my baby's father but I would never marry on a compromise. But do I really have a choice?

"Alright," I said. My voice barely a whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe! Brian is such a dick! Anyways, thank you dying.in.the.dark and MarybethLoveMcFly for commenting. Also, someone told me leaving a cliff hanger in last chapter was really mean. So for the kick ass superheroe, Celine, here's your freaking chapter :) Comment people and I'll update often-er.