The True Betrayers

Headed Back to the Hideout

"So, you've finally seen the light." Itachi says Kanashii says nothing, and merely looks away from him.

'What dd my brother mean by what he said?" Kanashii asks.

"What do you mean?" Itachi asks in an innocent voice.

"I think we both know." Kanashii says, looking at him with serious eyes. Itachi sighs.

"What do you all know about that?" Itachi asks, looking at Kanashii with questioning eyes.

"Not much...just basically my brother said something about you close wrong, and what I heard Kisame talking about. He talks pretty loud when he's talking to himself." Kanashii says as a small smile forms on her lips at the thought.

"That's none of your concern." Itachi says in a stern voice.

*How long has my brother despised me?!! I mean, what ever happened to family sticking together? ....well, I guess that'll never happen in those of us from the Uchiha Clan heritage. Especially those of us that are old enough to remember what happened....* Kanashii mentally says, looking up at Itachi.

"Itachi, I want to ask yo-" She flinches when she feels arms wrap around her. "Um...I...Itachi..." She stutters.

"That's enough. No more talking." Itachi says in a quiet voice.

"All right." Kanashii says, closing her eyes as Itachi kisses her forehead, and helps her stand up.

"Lets get back to the Hideout." Itachi says, looking at Kanashii with serious eyes.

"Coming." Kanashii says as she walks forward so she's standing toe-in-toe with him. The two of them run off through the trees.

Meanwhile, Kisame is cutting down a tree with his sword.

"I can't believe I'm being replaced with a kid!" Kisame shouts. Suddenly, someone walks out of a random bush. Kisame draws his sword as he turns toward the stranger. "What do you want?!" He demands.

"Hahaha!! I just came to see Itachi, but obviously, he isn't here..." The stranger says in a shrill voice.

"No, he's not. He's a little too busy with his dear cousin." Kisame says in a disgusted voice.

"Is that right?" The stranger says as a grin plasters itself across her face. She turns, and runs off, going lord-knows-where.

"Well...that was sure interesting." Kisame says in a strained voice. He sighs before going back to cutting down the trees.

Meanwhile, Itachi and Kanashii are running through the woods, headed toward the Hideout.

"We're almost there." Itachi says, looking back at Kanashii. Suddenly, she stops, and looks behind her. Itachi jumps back next to her. "What's wrong, Kanashii?" He questions.

"There's someone following us." Kanashii says, looking around at the trees with suspicious eyes.

"There has been for a while now...but don't worry." Itachi says in an offhanded voice. Kanashii nods, and the two of them continue on their way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it took FAR too long to get this one up...I am truly sorry to the readers...
Peace!!
KcA