The True Betrayers

Darigan Returns

"I wonder how Konoha is doing..." Kanashii wonders.

"Why are you so worried about them? After all, they ARE the ones that kicked you out." Itachi says, looking at Kanashii with irritated eyes.

"I know, but I still have friends in Konoha." Kanashii says, sighing. Itachi hears scratching at the door, and opens it to let Darigan in. "DARIGAN!!?" Kanashii shouts, looking at her dog in surprise.

"I had her go on a mission to collect supplies while we were training." Itachi says, looking down at Darigan.

"Yeah." Darigan says, closing her eyes in happiness.

"What kind of supplies?" Kanashii asks, looking at the two of them in confusion. Itachi's crimson eyes shift toward her, and she backs up a few steps. She bows her head so her bangs cover her eyes. "Sorry." She says before bending down and picking Darigan up. "Learn any new abilities while I was gone?" Kanashii asks, looking at Darigan with interested eyes.

"Yep!" Darigan says in a voice filled with pride. She jumps out of Kanashii's arms, and a dark cloud engulfs her. When it disappears, Darigan stands at nearly five feet.

"That's cool, Darigan!" Kanashii says, smiling.

"Like they say, you learn more during serious situations." Darigan says, reciting a quote Kanashii used to tell herself all the time. Itachi walks up to her.

"What happened?" Itachi questions, looking at Darigan with serious eyes. Darigan reverts back to her original size.

"A group of ninja have been hot on my tail for the last week." Darigan says in a serious voice.

"What happened? What village are they from?" Itachi demands.

"They were from Otagakure, and they saw me get the supplies out of a cart. They wanted to catch me." Darigan says, shaking her fur out. Both Itachi and Darigan looks at Kanashii when they feel a sudden surge in chakra. Itachi sighs at seeing her Sharingan activated.

"They're going to pay for that!" Kanashii says in a angry voice just before she jumps out the window, and begins to run off. Suddenly, something hits her in the back of the neck. She falls over, and Itachi sees Kisame standing over her.

"Hey, Itachi. Your trainee was trying to escape." Kisame says, smiling at Itachi, who jumps down from the tree he had been standing in. Kisame hands Kanashii to him. Itachi sighs, and picks her up.

"Thanks, Kisame. Not that she would have had enough strength to go very far." Itachi says, looking down at Kanashii. Darigan jumps out of a tree, and Itachi hands Kanashii to her. She grabs the back of Kanashii's shirt in her teeth, and lifts her out of Itachi's hold.

An hour passes, and Kanashii is slowly waking up. She sits up, and sighs as she looks at the window.

"Well, guess going anywhere is out of the question." Kanashii says, shaking her head at the barrier jutsu Itachi had put on the window to seal her inside. She lowly walks out the door, and runs out of the Hideout. She keeps running, until suddenly, she feels something grab her by the throat, and throws her against a tree. "What the hell!" Kanashii shouts as her eyes widen when she sees Itachi.

"What did I tell you about escaping?" Itachi hisses as he activates his Mangekyo Sharingan, and puts her into a temporary sleep state. He brings her back to the room, and puts a chain around her wrist. "Expel jutsu." Itachi mutters before placing two fingers against Kanashii's forehead. She slowly wakes up, and looks up at Itachi with scared eyes.

*Damn!! I'm such an idiot!!* Kanashii shouts at herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA