The True Betrayers

The Time Freezing Jutsu

Itachi does some hand signs while saying, “Time Stop Jutsu: Prison of Death.” Suddenly everything stops moving except Kanashii and Itachi.

“Impressive.” Kanashii says, looking at everything.

“Yeah well, you have to be care on your timing for this Jutsu.” Itachi says with a shrug as a serious look covers his face.

“That makes sense.” Kanashii says with a bit of sarcasm in her voice.

“Unfortunately, there’s a time limit on it.” Itachi says, watching Kanashii with narrowed eyes, getting annoyed at her sarcasm.

“How long?” Kanashii asks, looking up as her interest is peaked. Itachi dispels the Jutsu with a wave of his hand.

“It all depends on how much Chakra you have and are willing to give to it.” Itachi says with a shrug. Kanashii looks at him for a moment.

“All……right…..well, what do you think my limit would be?” Kanashii asks, a tick appearing in her eye. Itachi looks at her for a moment, gaging her Chakra levels.

“About ten minutes.” Itachi says, turning away from her.

“That’s it?! How long can you hold it?” Kanashii demands, glaring at Itachi at the bad news.

“With my Mangekyo Sharingan…..an hour.” Itachi says like it’s nothing as he begins to pluck leaves from the tree he’s standing underneath of.

“Do you really have that much Chakra?” Kanashii asks in a quieter voice. He turns to look at her with a surprised look on his face.

“Yes.” He says with a nod.

“Probably because you’re from the Main Branch.” She says with a shrug in an attempt to pass it off as nothing.

“That….and I train….a LOT.” Itachi says, a grin appearing on his face.

“Oh.” She says, scratching the back of her neck in embarrassment.

“What to give it a try?” Itachi asks, motioning toward the area around them.

“Sure!!” Kanashii says, a grin appearing on her face as she takes a step forward and getting into position. She watches as Itachi does the hand signs before copying them. She says the Jutsu’s name and the weird realm appears. Itachi looks at it with a critical eye.

“Well, at least you can use your Kekkai Genkai, and the world doesn’t look half bad either.” Itachi says finally. The world suddenly disappears with Kanashii collapsing onto her knees once again, breathing hard. “Yep ten minutes is your limit.” He says as he walks up to her and examines her Chakra flow.

*I need to work on my Chakra….* Kanashii says, mentally making a list of everything she has to go over before collapsing unconscious and face first into the ground. Itachi picks her up and carries her to their room.

The next morning, Kanashii slowly wakes up to her arms chained to the wall.

“What the hell?! ITACHI!!” she shouts, pulling on the chains. The door opens with Kisame walking inside. “Where’s Itachi?” Kanashii demands, a glare appearing on her face as she stares at the fishy man.

“He had to run somewhere.” Kisame says in a nonchalant voice as he walks around the room, looking at everything like he’s completely at home.

“Goddammit! Let me go!” she demands, jerking on the chains in emphasis.

“I couldn’t even if I wanted to.” Kisame says, glaring down at her. Her eyes shift as they turn crimson.

“Why not?” she demands.

“Because, Itachi has the only knowledge of how to dispel the jutsu. I wouldn’t worry though, he should be back by dark. Besides, you deserve this.” Kisame says, motioning toward the chains with a sadistic look on his face. Kanashii suddenly jerks against the chains, trying to get at him. “I'd just give up if I was you.” Kisame says, keeping his strange look on her until someone suddenly walks in behind Kisame.

“Knock it off, Kisame. You should know that if she hurts herself, Itachi will have your head for it.” The man says with a glare toward Kisame.

“Shut up, Tiden.” Kisame commands, turning to glare at him.

“Why don’t you go find something else to do. I’ll watch over her.” Tiden says, motioning toward the door.

“Whatever.” Kisame says, heading toward the door with his head lowered slightly and a glare on his face. He shoots one more evil eye toward Kanashii, which she returns 100x worse before walking out the door. Tiden turns as soon as the door closes and walks toward Kanashii.

“So you’re the one that Itachi has chosen, huh?” Tiden asks, a curious look on his face.

“What in the world does everyone mean by that?” Kanashii demands, attempting to keep the shaking that his gaze had caused in her. Tiden starts laughing, which just makes a shiver climb up her back.

“Sorry, sweetie. I can't tell.” Tiden says, turning away from her and walking back out the door.

*Then why did you bring it up…* Kanashii mentally asks before shutting her eyes and sighing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA