The True Betrayers

A Puppy

"Something wrong?" Kanashii asks, looking at Suishiro's face.

"No, not at all." *Wow, I'm starting to get jealous...*Suishiro snaps out of his daze. "I better be getting back to my training exercises." He says, turning to the door.

"All right?" She looks at him with raised eyebrows. *How come he blew me off? He's never done that before....* She mentally wonders. "Hmm......" She mutters as she walks towards the lake. Suddenly, she hears a puppy barking. "What in the world!" She wonders.

The puppy barks.

"Where are you, little one?" Kanashii questions as she looks around. When she moves a bush, she finally sees the puppy. "There you are!" She says with a smile on her face. She goes to touch it, but the hair on the back of it's neck raises. It growls. "Don't worry, little one. I'm not going to hurt you." Kanashii says.

The puppy growls. She puts her hand on it's head, and it bites her. She smiles at it, and looks at it's foot.

"You're stuck in a trap! Okay, that explains it. Hang on." Kanashii says, looking at the trap. She takes her right hand, and unhooks the trap from the tree. She picks up the puppy, and carries it out of the bushes. "I'm bringing you with me! I hope you don't mind." She says, watching it. It looks at her strange, rubs it's head on her chest, and falls asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter !
Peace!!
KcA