The True Betrayers

Sasuke and the Letter

"Oh shit! I'm going to be late!! AGAIN!!" Kanashii shouts as she starts walking as fast as she can without waking the puppy up. She finally gets there at about one thirty. "Made it!" She says in a relieved voice.

"Not much later than the other day." Abaryu says, leaning against a tree. Kanashii looks at him.

"Hey! I was on time....until I got sidetracked..." Kanashii says, grinning.

"By what?" Abaryu asks, confused. Kanashii smiles, and moves her arm down to reveal a young, about six week old puppy. Abaryu walks up to her, and picks it up.

"Be careful! It's foot got caught in a trap." Kanashii says, holding her hand out. He sighs, and looks at it's leg.

"She's going to be fine. It's not that deep." Abaryu says. Kanashii sighs.

"That's a relief." She says.

"So, where did you find her?" Abaryu asks, looking at Kanashii expectantly. He hands her back the puppy.

"In a bush a couple minutes up the road." Kanashii says, gesturing in the direction she had come from.

"Let's see..." Abaryu says, walking in the direction Kanashii had pointed out. Kanashii leads the way to the bush. "Here, huh?" Abaryu asks, examining the area.

"Yeah...." Kanashii says.

"Hm.....so, what are you going to name her?" Abaryu asks, looking at Kanashii.

"Huh?" She asks, confused.

"She obviously doesn't have a family. Look at how matted her fur is!" Abaryu says, gesturing towards the puppy.

"I don't know...how about.....Darigan?" Kanashii says, thinking fast. The puppy looks up at her, and cocks it's head. "Do you like it?" Kanashii asks, petting the puppies head. She wages her tail, and licks Kanashii's face.

"Looks like the two of you have come to an agreement on the name." Abaryu says with a smile.

"I guess so." Kanashii says, laughing. Suddenly, Darigan jumps to the ground, and starts growling. "What is it, Darigan?" Kanashii asks. She looks in front of Darigan, and sees a bush moving. She grabs a shuriken, preparing to throw it. "Who's there?" Kanashii questions. Suddenly, Sasuke walks out of the bushes. "What the hell are you doing here, Sasuke?" Kanashii questions, putting the shuriken away.

"Just walking. Kyotake is looking for you. Something about you never telling him where you were going." Sasuke explains, shrugging. Kanashii puts her hand on her head, and scratches it.

"I could have sworn I left a note on the table for him...." Kanashii says, trailing off. Her eyes widen, and she reaches into her weapons pouch. She pulls out a piece of discolored paper, and laughs. "I guess I didn't leave it at home....I must have been in such a hurry that I just stuck it in here...." Kanashii says, a sweat drop falling down her face.

"Yeah, well..." Sasuke says.

"Well, I better be going. I have to talk to him about something anyway." Kanashii says as she turns around, holding her hand in the air in a farewell gesture. She picks Darigan up, and runs off.
♠ ♠ ♠
...