The True Betrayers

Arrival of Itachi

"What are you waiting for?" Abaryu questions, looking at Sasuke.

"Nothing...." Sasuke says. He puts his hands in his pockets, and walks down the road.

"I really don't like that guy, but I guess I should go back to Konoha...." Abaryu says as he goes from watching the place Sasuke disappeared through to the direction Konoha's in. He jumps to a nearby tree, and runs from tree to tree, heading back to Konoha. "I wonder what Rakuriais up to today...." Abaryu wonders as he stops, and jumps to the ground. "What the hell!" He questions when he sees Kakashi talking to some guy in a black and red cloak. *I have to help.* He mentally mutters. Suddenly, Kakashi puts one of his arms out.

"Stay back!" Kakashi shouts. Abaryu stops for a minute.

*Is he talking to me? Or to Asuma and Kurenai?* Abaryu mentally questions. He shrugs, jumps down, and runs towards Kakashi. "What's wrong, big brother?" Abaryu asks. Kakashi is breathing hard, and is sitting on his knees on the water's surface.

"I told you not to come over here!" Kakashi mutters.

"I know, but I want to see who these people are!" Abaryu says, motioning towards the strangers.

"This is Itachi Uchiha, and Kisame." Kakashi says. Abaryu freezes.

"Uchiha? You mean he's related to Kanashii?" Abaryu questions, looking at the so called Uchiha.

"So, you know my dear cousin!" Itachi says with a grin. Abaryu glares at him.

"Second cousin!" A voice shouts from one of the trees. Everyone looks upward, only to see Kanashii standing in one of the trees.

"Kanashii!! How have you been?" Itachi says, making a type of motion with his right arm.

"Never mind that! What are you doing back in Konoha!" Kanashii demands, glaring down at Itachi.

"Well, technically, I'm not in Konoha at all! I'm outside it." Itachi says with a shrug, completely unfazed by the danger in Kanashii's voice.

"Stop the technicallity!! Just tell me what you want!" Kanashii demands, glaring at Itachi.

"Don't worry. It has nothing to do with any of my family members." Itachi says. Kanashii looks down at him.

"Not even Sasuke?" Kanashii questions. Itachi turns his head.

"And.....why would I have taken the time to come all the way here just to see how he's doing?" Itachi questions, sounding slightly agitated.

"You know as much as I do! You traitor!!" Kanashii yells, eyes shifting. Suddenly, Itachi gives Kanashii a evil eye, and disappears. She looks around, trying to pinpoint where he had gone. "Where did he go!" She wonders. He's suddenly in front of her, choking her.

"Looks like you have the Uchiha mouth, and according to your Sharingan level, you've reached Mangekyo." Itachi says with a grin plastered across his face.

"What's going on?" Asuma questions from below. He turns his head, eyes still closed.

"And whatis he talking about? Mangekyo? What's that all about?" Abaryu questions.

"Let go!" Kanashii demands, glaring at Itachi.

"I will if you stay out of my way." Itachi says, watching her with critical eyes.

"I'm part of the Konoha police force! If you threaten our way of life, I'll have no choice!" Kanashii growls, trying to wrench his hands off her neck. Itachi smiles, and brings Kanashii up next to him.

"When you get to the point that you want more power, come find me." Itachi whispers into her ear. He lets go of Kanashii's neck, and disappears.

"Damn! I forgot how strong he is!" Kanashii mutters as she rubs her neck. She turns around, only to see Abaryu running towards her. "Abaryu! When did you get here?" Kanashii asks, completely confused as to why she hadn't noticed him.

"I was here before you were!" Abaryu says as he jumps up next to her on the tree. Kanashii looks at him, confused.

"Really?" She wonders.

"Yeah, and so were they." Abaryu says, motioning towards Kurenai, Asuma and Kakashi. Kanashii's eyes widen.

"Kakashi didn't get hit with Itachi's eyes, did he?" Kanashii questions, worry laced into her voice.

"Yeah, what about it?" Abaryu questions, confused about her reaction.

"Oh.......shit!!" Kanashii yells. She jumps down from the tree, and runs towards Kakashi at full speed.

Within three seconds, she's next to Kakashi.

"Kakashi!! Come on, Kakashi!" Kanashii says, shaking him lightly.

"What's wrong with him?!" Abaryu asks, coming up behind her.

"He was hit with the Sharingan. If he doesn't get treatment, he'll go into a perminent dream state!" Kanashii says, close to panic.

"What!!" Abaryu yells, dropping down next to Kakashi. Kanashii stops, and turns her head away from Abaryu while Asuma explains.

"You see, the Sharingan is used to read people's minds. So it has great effect on people that don't have a Bloodline Limit....or Kekkai Genkai as your generation calls it." Asuma explains.
♠ ♠ ♠
...