The True Betrayers

The Uchiha Clan List

"So, is he going to be all right?" Abaryu asks, looking down at Kakashi in worry. Asuma looks at Kanashii, and she sighs.

"It's hard to say....it depends on what Itachi used on him." Kanashii explains, trying not to meet Abaryu's eyes.

"We all know it was the Mangekyo Sharingan!" Abaryu shouts, sounding agitated. Kanashii sighs again.

"That's not what I mean!" Kanashii yells.

"Then what do you mean?" Abaryu asks, completely taken aback by Kanashii's outburst.

"I mean, what world Itachi took him to." Kanashii says, trying to explain it as well as she can.

"Huh?" Abaryu asks, completely confused. Kanashii sighs in exasperation.

"Inside each Uchiha Clan member, there is a list of worlds in which we can take our victims to torture them!" Kanashii says, not liking talking about the subject.

"Can't you tell which one it is?" Abaryu questions.

"Not unless I activate my Mangekyo Sharingan.....and I don't want to summon it." Kanashii says, still refusing to meet anyone's eyes. Abaryu looks down at Kakashi, and closes his eyes.

"I'm sorry, brother. If I was stronger, then I could have helped you." Abaryu says.

"No, you couldn't have. I may not like my cousin....but I know enough about him to say that you wouldn't have stood a chance." Kanashii says, sounding completelyserious. She picks Kakashi up, and starts running to Konoha's front gates. "Hold on, Kakashi!!" Kanashii whispers.

Meanwhile, Gai and Lee are sitting by the gate.

"Who's that coming?" Gai questions, pointing towards dust flying. He looks at it hard. "Something's running! It looks like..." He stops when Kanashii appears right in front of the gate.

"Open the doors, Gai! Kakashi's hurt!" Kanashii yells to him.

"What!" He shouts, eyes wide. He opens the door, and jumps down. "What happened?" Gai questions.

"Itachi showed up....and Kakashi thought he could take him on....on his own." Kanashii explain, out of breath from the amount of exersion she used to get there so fast.

"Sounds like Kakashi all right." Gai grumblesas he picks Kakashi up off Kanashii's back. "I'll take him to the hospital from here." Gai says. Kanashii nods.

"Okay, thanks." Kanashii says.

"I'll ignore you disobeying your post this time, and pretend that it didn't happen." Gai says, smiling sadly at Kanashii.

"Thank you, Gai." Kanashii says, bowing in gratitude.

"Don't you have something else to do?" Gai questions. Kanashii nods.

"Yes." She says as she runs off, leaving Gai with Kakashi.

"See, Kakashi, where your restlessness has gotten you." Gai says as he sighs, and walks off towards the hospital, leaving Lee to watch the gate until he gets back.

Meanwhile, Kanashii is running through the woods after Itachi.

*Why the hell are you here again? Didn't you cause enough damage when you left last time?* Kanashii questions as she picks up speed.

Meanwhile, Itachi and Kisame are running through the woods as well.

"Hey, Itachi. There's someone on our tail." Kisame says, glancing over his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, it's just Kanashii." Itachi say as though it's nothing to worry about. He stops.

Soon after he does, Kanashii appears.

"Hey." Itachi says.

"Don't hey me! Kayame and Sasuke might not remember what happened that day, but I remember it perfectly!" Kanashii yells, glaring dangerously at Itachi.

"Well, you should! After all, you__" Itachi begins, but Kanashii cuts him off.

"This is not about me! This is about what you did to everyone!" Kanashii yells, pointing at him.

"I don't know why you're taking it so offensively. After all, you were there helping me!" Itachi says with a grin. Kisame's eyes widen.

"So, the famous Kanashii Uchiha was involved in the Uchiha Massacre." Kisame says, almost speachless.

"Yep, not many people know, but she was." His voice turns mocking. "Weren't you, Kanashii!" Itachi says.

"I've turned away from my past! No one in Konoha knows, and I plan on keeping it that way." Kanashii says, angrilly.

"What are you so worried about, Kanashii? Are you worried that they won't except you?" Itachi asks in a teasing voice.

"No, I'm worried about becoming a rogue ninja like you are!" Kanashii yells, eyes narrowed.

"There's alway Akatsuki." Itachi says with a shrug.

"Are why would I go to that group of bandits?" Kanashii questions.

"Because, once they do find out, you won't be able to stay in Konoha. So, you better make up your mind before that happens so you can leave Konoha with some of your dignity." Itachi says as if it's obvious.

"Hey, Itachi." Kisame whispers to Itachi.

"What is it, Kisame? Don't you see I'm kinda busy here?" Itachi whispers back.

"Should we bring her with us?! She could be a great help when it comes to our mission!" Kisame whispers, getting excited.

"There's a little bit of a problem when it comes to that theory." Itachi whispers right before the giant fireball appears.They jump out off the way just barely in time.

"Where the hell did that come from!" Kisame demands, looking around the clearing for the enemy.

"So, you can summon your Mangekyo Sharingan whenever you want, huh, Kanashii?" Itachi says, looking into a tree. Kisame looks up, only to see Kanashii standing on a branch, breathing hard. When she lifts her head, to Kisame's surprise, she has the Mangekyo Sharingan activated.
♠ ♠ ♠
...